Vacuum Packages (Brand New)

That makes sense. Sounds good to me, I just wanted clarification in case (when) something like that happens.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sounds fair to me. I just wanted clarification in case (when ) that kind of thing happens.

Only dirty cheaters get vacuum packages

Kierra

Yes. It works the same for flaws. So for example you know Pyke is an Ice Knight and can't really take advantage of his know weakness to fire in a PvP situation. Now Pyke may decide to take double damage to fire in the name of the spirit of his transform, but isn't required to in a pvp situation.
Why does pyke have to be drawn in to this lol. I would never harm val

I think they're an amazing incentive to volunteer and donate, even though I can't use them. Maybe poor Robert can make a dent in his Gobbies now?

Only dirty cheaters get vacuum packages

Kierra

Well that is an unkind thing to say- can you explain this stance please.

Nette

Personally, even though I have never used somi's vaccum packages, I think they are great for "tasting" transforms, that they may find they want to pursue it as more of a regular transform. They are also good encouraging goblin stamp use-age semi-regularly and encourage donations/npc'ing.

I don't think anyone is a dirty cheater, as they have put in time or money for some specific advantage (and is something they are interested in / having fun with).

-Cory

Vacuum packages are like so many things in life- if you don't like them don't get them but honestly your opinions on people do get them are not helpful- like a slinky...

Nette

Since it is addressed here I thought I might post.

In my specific situation my transform role play as a potential berserker can cause role-play based PVP. This is circumstantial and not personal. But it is technically the use of my transform on players. The flip side of that is that players in turn use my clear weaknesses to put me in a very painful and bloody time out until I get my head together again. Something I whole heartedly accept.

Considering the transform is the reason for the roleplay manslaughter pvp (pvp without the element of intent) suppressing it makes little sense. This hasn't been an issue the past. I wig out, get six kinds of hell totally and justly beaten out of me for it by players, meh, "whatever it's just Zane", move on.

I too believe that PVP adds little to the game and nearly all of it bad. Considering that other aspects of the game like powerful LCO magic weapons and whatnot can be used freely in PVP these and situations like mine show a clear grey area that starts getting messy.

I feel any power a player acquires be it a transform, magic items, some crazy artifact, nobility, circumstantial plot.... gets the great power/great responsibility to make the game better for everyone. Every powerful player's personal goal should simply be: Don't be a **** about it. (OOG)

If you are behaving appropriately in game that's great. If you are deliberately ruining someone's good time OOG then yellow flag. *whistle* "**** move, lose ten yards and get off the mod."

This is not a suggestion for a rule or formal policy at all. This is my agreeing with Chris's post wholeheartedly. After years of playing my main as a monster, and now years of helping people as plot become and find great role play as monsters of their own, I just try to make this the mantra to anyone I interact with, and a standard I hold myself and anyone else to: Be a monster, but you? The player?

Don't be a **** about it.

*trips over soap box*
Travis

Ps- if anyone has an issue with my roleplay berserking please let me know directly so I can make every effort to accommodate as per the rules. Please know that everyone has my consent to do whatever special brand of violence they may posses to my fat bear butt.

Off topic doesn't have to deal with Vacuum Packages. Moderator please remove his post.

Why would anyone call arcane armor dirty-dirty-cheater armor...

Because you cheat blacksmiths by having it

Sent from my XT1609 using Tapatalk

I am having a hard time understanding this statement ... armor is a one time purchase ... arcane armor the same (well till expired or destroyed but not like a yearly thing lol )

Nette

I was joking...
I forget tone doesn't translate well in text. Sorry...

Kierra

I believe the colloquial source of the phrase "dirty dirty cheater armor" for Arcane armor was directed at it's weightlessness, and how one did not need to take the time to equip or shed actual physical armor, combined with the fact that it is essentially impossible to tell that someone is wearing it by looking at them OOG, jokingly coining the phrase that it was "for cheaters".

I believe the colloquial source of the phrase "dirty dirty cheater armor" for Arcane armor was directed at it's weightlessness, and how one did not need to take the time to equip or shed actual physical armor, combined with the fact that it is essentially impossible to tell that someone is wearing it by looking at them OOG, jokingly coining the phrase that it was "for cheaters".

Ehhhhh. I wear real armor and still have arcane. The rules for regular armor aren't great. As such most fighters who aren't committed to really wearing plate can't break the 30 point threshold.

Last edited:
Back