Viktor Hook

Pokethulu

Fighter
Public Relations Committee
Greetings Adventurers of Wayside and Terna,

If anyone could please share an update on the plans to deal with Viktor and the hoard of undead at his becon call, I would appreciate it. I would like to help the effort but, honestly do not know where to start. Or what plans have been crafted over these last few years. Any information would be welcome and appreciated.

Thank You,
Lady FallingStar

Lady FallingStar,

I know Guildmistress Eve has a significant plan in place. There have been concerns about prying ears and so she (and others involved) have chosen to keep the information close to their chests. I'm sorry I am not much of an assistance, I'm not certain what I know about the plan is public knowledge at this point.

Respectfully,
Master Firebrand
Phoenix Flight

Lady FallingStar,

I know Guildmistress Eve has a significant plan in place. There have been concerns about prying ears and so she (and others involved) have chosen to keep the information close to their chests. I'm sorry I am not much of an assistance, I'm not certain what I know about the plan is public knowledge at this point.

Respectfully,
Master Firebrand
Phoenix Flight
Master Firebrand,
Thank you for that information. I shall endeavor to reach out to Guild Mistress Eve as well as a few others.
Lady FallingStar

I do feel it would be wise to speak here so all of us can listen in and be prepared as it will take all of us.

Binks

I do concur with Binks. The more fellow Adventurers know the more they can assist. I am sending missives to a few I know have been following this and gathering intelligence. Hopefully we can have a good idea of how we can all deal with the issue.

Lady FallingStar

I know very bare bones information. As some may know, I end up being "the idea person" and not the "but how do we make it work" person.

Rusty (@Andrew Nelson ) has taken a a rather grandiose and insane idea and has been working with Eve (@tennyo.san ) and @Ractor as well as various other notables who had the time to orchestrate the materials necessary as well as the logistics (both physically & magically) for Ractor to be able to cast a mass gift of life. The casting to my knowledge will not be done alone and likely will require a fair number of other casters & assistants and guardians.

To accomplish this there will be a likely need for a number of complicated and potentially dangerous quests to retrieve whatever materials may be needed - what specifically they might be, I don't know other than they are expected to exist nor will they be easy to obtain.

Previously at another market, we utilized a lot of the things various guilds had been collecting that were connected to Hook, his monsters, Hist Army and their resources that had been mostly destroyed and taken what held believed to hold sympathetic mystical connection. Said material was then used in the massive blacksmithing undertaking which forged the two weapons that will be used in the Assault against Hook. While to my knowledge these weapons have not yet been battle tested against undead, they were created for 1 specific purpose which is to kill undead and kill Victor Hook - extra good. It is very likely that the true power of these weapons will not be fully realized until they are actively being used against said forces.

There is then the primary assault against Hooks Forces and ultimately against Victor itself. This is either congruent to the large ritual casting, or directly following it - or some magical non-sense I will likely fall in love with in between.

There are likely going to be some degree of scouting mission to determine some of the most current and needed information for all of the above concepts.

Hope this helps, at least provide a little information which may or may not have already been known.

I believe that Master Glen Stormwolf ( @Stormwolf ) may have additional insight with his connections to the Leaf Crowne and the First Forest. But, I could be mistaken.

So, it sounds that Ractor and Guild Mistress Rosenfeld are planning a ritual and will need assistance. While after a direct physical strike against Viktor himself will most likely be required?

Lady FallingStar

Lady Fallingstar,

At this point and time, we are missing two pieces of Viktor Hook's "innocence and youth" that are necessary for the attempt at taking Viktor out.
One resides within a specific lake, the other within the belly of a beast that we have tracked down-ish. It continues to move and as such will more than likely require a few trackers and coordination to ensure we can capture it.

As for the First Forest, it expended a good bit of energy in its efforts to ensure the safety of the citizenry of the Leaf Crowne from the skirmishes that occurred a few short weeks ago. I intend to speak with the First Tree in hopes that extra guidance or clarity can be provided in this time of need....especially since it involves one of the founding families.

With the Leaf Crowne in repair and recovery mode, I do not know how much assistance we will be able to garner from them. However, with Ractor, and quite a few other elves with ties to Nature, you never know what we might be able to procure.

I shall keep everyone up to date on my progress. If I return through a circle, it just means I got to close during one of my scouting missions near Viktor's current location. Be safe and gather your strength. It will be tested soon in the coming weeks.

~Glenn Stormwolf
Guardian of the First Tree

Lady Fallingstar,

At this point and time, we are missing two pieces of Viktor Hook's "innocence and youth" that are necessary for the attempt at taking Viktor out.
One resides within a specific lake, the other within the belly of a beast that we have tracked down-ish. It continues to move and as such will more than likely require a few trackers and coordination to ensure we can capture it.

As for the First Forest, it expended a good bit of energy in its efforts to ensure the safety of the citizenry of the Leaf Crowne from the skirmishes that occurred a few short weeks ago. I intend to speak with the First Tree in hopes that extra guidance or clarity can be provided in this time of need....especially since it involves one of the founding families.

With the Leaf Crowne in repair and recovery mode, I do not know how much assistance we will be able to garner from them. However, with Ractor, and quite a few other elves with ties to Nature, you never know what we might be able to procure.

I shall keep everyone up to date on my progress. If I return through a circle, it just means I got to close during one of my scouting missions near Viktor's current location. Be safe and gather your strength. It will be tested soon in the coming weeks.

~Glenn Stormwolf
Guardian of the First Tree
Master Stormwolf,

Thank you for that information. I am curious about the items you mentioned. Viktor's 'innocence and youth'.

Could you please explain why we need these items? Do you know how many items do we currently have in our possession?

Lady FallingStar

Lady Fallingstar,

Between Franz, Glenn, and myself, we have created a box to convert the pure essence and innocent of the items found to help with the reversal of what Hook has done to the Ternian Empire. The first of 5 items, a ring from near his ancestral home, found helped create the box that will convert the energies to empower the planned rituals. The next 2 that were found are the egg he raised even though it was dead with a squirrel imbued with lightning and his journal from earlier I life in an ancestral tree hold elven war dancers. The last 2 will add to the essence of pure innocent that Hook once had when he was much younger.

As I understand it, the plan is to cast the Gift of life and channel it through many of the circles in the TE with the focus being that of the wall to empower it. This would be the place to have Sir Rusty take over.

May the light guide you,

Eve Rosenfeld

Apprentice Councilor under Grand Master Haven of the Research and Development Branch of the Greater Earth Guild of Terna
Owner of the Sparrow's Nest in Fairfax in Wayside

I can start hunting whatever beast you need to find. Let me know.

Renshi Ignathis Nachtfeuer
Head Chef of the Company

Apprentice Councilor Rosenfeld,

What exactly will this Spirit Box do? If it is consuming several pieces of the Elder Hook's past as magical fuel, it will be exceedingly powerful. What is the intended outcome?

Dramthin Hartsboon
Prademar University
Keeper of the Tainted Grove

Dramthin,

I can't speak much to how the earth magics work but my understanding is that will strip Hook of his Lichedom, or at the very least severely weaken him to a point where we can smite him down. I believe it has something to do with drawing upon his humanity and using the magic to remind every fiber of his being of who he once was.

I am not certain if this will happen at the same time as the mass casting of "Gift of Life" but my understanding is they are connected, if not part of the same ritual.

Master Firebrand.

Lady Fallingstar,

Between Franz, Glenn, and myself, we have created a box to convert the pure essence and innocent of the items found to help with the reversal of what Hook has done to the Ternian Empire. The first of 5 items, a ring from near his ancestral home, found helped create the box that will convert the energies to empower the planned rituals. The next 2 that were found are the egg he raised even though it was dead with a squirrel imbued with lightning and his journal from earlier I life in an ancestral tree hold elven war dancers. The last 2 will add to the essence of pure innocent that Hook once had when he was much younger.

As I understand it, the plan is to cast the Gift of life and channel it through many of the circles in the TE with the focus being that of the wall to empower it. This would be the place to have Sir Rusty take over.

May the light guide you,

Eve Rosenfeld

Apprentice Councilor under Grand Master Haven of the Research and Development Branch of the Greater Earth Guild of Terna
Owner of the Sparrow's Nest in Fairfax in Wayside
Appreciate Councilor Rosenfeld,

Just let me know how I can help in the casting, or if you would like my assistance in another form.

Lady FallingStar

Master Firebrand,

I very much hope that is effect of these magics. Perhaps it will offer a window to redeem the Elder Hook's mind or, at the least, offer his Spirit some comfort before it leaves for the Graveyard. The Hook family has given much to this continent; it would be a kindness if the Founding Elder found peace in his final moments, even as he receives the justice he has earned.

Dramthin Hartsboon
Prademar University

Last edited:
The Hook family has also taken much from this continent. I dont have a great investment to this, but having seen the chaos and misery the Ternian Empire received I dont think redemption is the right word for Victor Hook.

Binks

Captain Binks,

In the normal course of events, all lives will contain a multitude of glorious and terrible acts. Elder Hook's life has spanned many times that of a normal course, and his abilities many times that of a normal person - while we have all been called upon to act as his executioner, I personally do not feel worthy to act as his judge. I wear no veil to the price he must pay for his actions, I only hope that we all are given the same chance in our final hour to find peace and balance in our deeds and disasters.

Dramthin Hartsboon
Prademar University

If I enslave and murder and entire country, feel free to end my reign.

I dont think you can compare us to him.

Binks

Captain Binks,

Indeed we are not comparable. If the age and deeds of every living adventurer were totaled, it would still fall short of Elder Hook. He and the Hook Family created the first Earth Circles in this mistshard long before it was named by a human conqueror; they trained a young Emperor Ternius how to Heal and protect his army; they helped forge the Aegis of Mercy and Protection; they planted and nurtured the Great Trees undergirding the Leaf Crown; they acted as advisors and confidantes to The Council of Dragons. Elder Hook has created more life in his time than all of us will take in ours.

I will not diminish the pain he has brought upon this land, and I do not seek him being spared his fate. However, I find no personal glory in his death nor will I find joy in his downfall. With his passing a great house has fallen and we are all diminished by the loss.

Dramthin Hartsboon
Prademar University

I will find great relief in his fall. Maybe the cries of terror in my sleep will finally have their repreave and turn to cries of sorrow for those that have been lost. You seem a good person Dramthin, please let us who have lost much under Hook have our reprieve, however short. Because for me to go home and return to my life, I have to clean up his mess. He gets to die, but I get to go on and try to recover. Assuming I can get the images of the burning and destruction I witnessed first hand out of my mind. Please let me, and those of the Empire have this victory, regardless of how pyrrhic it is.

Master Firebrand
Guildmaster of Phoenix Flight.

Back