Visiting

Diera said:
My family is capable of learning, like all average races. My family is thus, capable of learning earth magic in addition to whatever natural abilities they may possess. My family follows the laws and does NOT cast chaos in ANY form.

Maybe if you took a moment to actually meet and talk with the girl, you'd know this. Maybe you'd learn that she actually helps the town when she can. In fact, she and D gaurded the guild when we went off to do battle with Raphael.

How would you feel, Derek, if I called your ancestors, "just a big bunch of trumped up lizards that wallow in forbidden lore and are an afrontory to life itself?"

Still, you stick by this attitude that people should talk to you about their problems with you, but be damned if you should be held equally accountable.

Lastly, I'll remind you of the oath you swore with us, Derek. I would consider urging your family to action on your behalf the same as you acting on your own.
Dierra,

For a member of one of the long lived races, your ideas about learning don't mean much. All creatures learn exactly what they need to for one purpose... survival. A creature may learn to be nice to survive, but as it ages and gains more power that need goes away. At that point, learned personalities go away and the revert to thier nature.

The nature of a Gryphon is to consume and destroy. The nature of a gryphon is to horde power and force it's will on others. The nature of a gyrphon is to kill.

Go ahead Dierra. Protect it. Call it your daughter. I just hope that it eats you last so that you can witness the folly you have led an entire town into.

~Balryn

Diera said:
Balryn,

I fail to see how you can call anyone a hypocrit, when you sit here preaching about how you protect your family, and in the same breaths speak of mine as being a creature of chaos that should be "removed."

You say you hear people speaking behind your backs about you and yours. And you try to act superior that you have caught them. And you've no right to when I know you and yours speak behind my back about me and mine.

You say people are this and that negative thing. I think you are seeing the negative reflections of yourself in others. You keep saying people should address their problems with you. I say, maybe you should listen to your own advice.
Well Dierra,

Your family *is* a creature of chaos. My family, Mykell in specific is a jack ***. I have never claimed otherwise.

I don't talk behind your back actually. I've made it very public that I think your "child" is a very destructive entity. You have misused your position as both a Biata in not killing it and your position as guild master of the earth to keep the town from killing it. I also don't find a need to speak behind your back because you lack the courage and conviction to kill something you love. I find that rather than protect the town you have sworn yourself to protect, you are protecting a creature that has lured you into a false sense of motherhood.

Many of the seasoned adventurers of this town have slaughtered gryphons to preserve the power of the earth. I'm sure several of those same people have died trying to kill them.

You mock them. You mock the guardians of the realm who fight for the earth.

I will not take action against this creature. It is your problem Dierra. But when this problem unravels, when the weave becomes weak and people are fading into the realms of chaos... I will surely recite a tale around the campfire about a noble women so full of folly that she thought she could control the realm of chaos.

My only fear really is that there will be so few surviving ears to hear it.

Now not to be a hypocrit... I think Mykell is indeed a jackass. He is fairly annoying and in fact I sometimes find him rather questionable. But his actions will not lead to the destruction of the town or the realm. He is not a creature of elemental chaos, rather a creature of elemental and sporadic annoyance.

So if you want hypocracy to end Dierra- I suggest that you accept the fact that if a creature of sporadic annoyance is put to death for trying to kill a pink bunny citizen... that perhaps you turn yourself in and accept a death or two for protecting a creature of chaos. I mean really, carrying items of chaos is punishable by death and obliteration under your own laws... what do you think the penalty is for someone who has enchanted themselves in such a way that they are actually chaos themselves?

Hmm... I do believe that aiding someone someone in a crime in Dagliano is sentanced to the same punsihment as those who perform the crime....

Care to obliterate yourself Dierra?

~Balryn

Don't mind me here. I'm the insane one. You really shouldn't go proding around in my dreams like this... if you concentrate a little harder to you hear what I used to do with my horse and bag of oranges...

I fail to see how a gypsy who can't even spell my name right after seeing it written so many times can tell me anything about my own race.

By the way, I'll have you know, Balryn, that Johnathan IS capable of casting earth formals. I taught him myself.

If anyone would like to know the REAL difference between Riders and Hunters and how Biata feel about Gryphons, they can feel free to contact me.

Lastly, there are high ranking nobility of Dagliano that disagree with your perceptions about my daughter, Balryn.

So, leave my family alone. Let us enjoy what time we have together in peace. Please.

Diera said:
I fail to see how a gypsy who can't even spell my name right after seeing it written so many times can tell me anything about my own race.

By the way, I'll have you know, Balryn, that Johnathan IS capable of casting earth formals. I taught him myself.

If anyone would like to know the REAL difference between Riders and Hunters and how Biata feel about Gryphons, they can feel free to contact me.

Lastly, there are high ranking nobility of Dagliano that disagree with your perceptions about my daughter, Balryn.

So, leave my family alone. Let us enjoy what time we have together in peace. Please.
Well Dierra, you name looks better spelled this way. I always emphasize the latter part of your name when I say it or write it, because it has special meaning in the rom tongue.

If Jonathan can cast formals, I suggest he travels to the realms of Chaos and Order and investigate himself then. Apparently in these lands formalists do not journey into the realms to discover how the magic they weave affects the realms in which they live. Did you leave this journey out of his training or did you just never get educated in the learning by experience?

I know the exact difference between Hunters and Riders... however I don't see what that has to do with anything. Talk about off the subject.

I am also very glad there are high ranking nobles in Dagliano that agree with you. There are also high ranking nobles that believe they have good taste in wine. The point? A nobles ranking has nothing to do with the fact that a creature spews forth pure chaos. It has nothing to do with the fact that elder gryphons enslave at will. It has nothing to do with the fact that you are harboring a creature that does both.

More to the point- How many nobles have you introduced a creature capable of enslaving minds to? Are they actually agreeing with you or are they being commanded to agree? Have you seen thier reaction to them seeing your daughter in her true form or spewing pure chaos?

Why don't you invite her into town and have her cough up a little chaos?

Sweet dreams Deirra. Enjoy what time you have together in peace.

~Balryn

Balryn, I grow tired of arguing with you. Travelling to other planes on your own is dangerous. Travelling to other planes with large groups can be dangerous.

I could certainly try to get her to cough up chaos in town. She'd tell me, "but Momma, you said that's bad," and wouldn't do it. For that matter, you could ask her the same and she'd tell you the same.

My name is spelled Diera. I don't care how you wish to say or spell it. I do you the honor of spelling your name correctly. If you cannot even grant me that, you're not worth the space your dreams take up.

LEAVE ME ALONE!

I am not worth the time, you said yourself to me that I couldn't even be in your guild because of my race. You later took back those words here in the dreamscape, but I'm not holding it against you. You made it personally clear months ago you didn't want any rom in the guild.

What I am holding against you is that you are harboring a creature with a nature to be a very violent critter and one that destroys the ether simply by it's existence. Whether or not she would say "It's bad momma" is completely against the point. If I I really wanted to, I could find some stray Liche and drag it into town and "adopt it" (dreamscape shudders) and have it say the same thing. I mean really, a few of us in my family are strong enough to beat some greater undead into submission and keep it as a pet if we wanted to.

Liche's are people too. I mean really- I knew one that was a very pleasant person if you could overlook him being a greater creature of chaos, he just had the naturally ability to drain your life with his touch. Most greater undead are actually significant personalities that did great things when they were alive.... you don't see me keeping them in my varda do you? I'm sure they could have been great conversationalists and even provided some excellent services to my family if I didn't mind placing the whole family and town at risk for when it decided it had enough.

I mean really - Would that make it worth keeping in town? Is a creature of Chaos a valid pet in Crocevia? Just a few weeks ago... everyone killed Seth when he came back as a creature of chaos. Most of the town even liked Seth. He was a useful kind of guy to have around and he was good for a few laughs around the fire. If they were willing to burn him to ashes... why is anyone in this town considering your "daughter" differently?

If creatures such are her are valid to own or adopt here.... if the Guild Mistress of the Earth really wants to pass a decree saying we can do this... then I suggest we open up trade with Ironwood and start shipping the zombies in because according to some of the farmers there they make great workers in the crop fields.

I personally believe, along with a great many pratictioners of the earthern arts that chaos destroys the fundamental fabric of the realm. As chaos energy is allowed to flourish, it's presence destabilizes the aura of order which allows this realm to exist.

I am making this point because the *Master* of the *earth* guild should be leading a guild by example. Openly supporting a creature of chaos, adopting it, using town resources to save it, and allowing damage to the energy which holds this plane together is not within the duties of your position. In fact... all of those things are inherently and completely opposite to the duties you are sworn to.

I can say this because I have held the title of guild master of the earth several times before. I fully know what is expected and you m'lady are not performing your duties to the people.

If anyone here has a conflict of interest with being in the earth guild and having a family... it is you.

~Balryn

These are my dreams. I suggest if you don't want to hear them you either stay awake more or think of some green filled glenn with a waterfall. I'm not forcing you into my head.

To those who care,

I've read many treatise on Gryphon's and the very few that stated that they weren't creatures of chaos were either written by necromancers, who lied, or persons who were under the direct control of a Gryphon.

As to the Magistratium... I'm sure they haven't made any kind of public statement on the matter because they charge for their information and don't go about releasing their valuable information for free. If you want to pay them for access to their libraries, then so be it.

Personally... I've read enough tomes regarding Gryphons to know that they are evil and born of chaos. The mere fact that they spit chaos just goes to show how integral it is to their being. Diera claims that her "daughter" has the ability to choose whether to be a creature of chaos or a creature of earth... so I propose a test... bring her into the middle of town and see if she can spit earth power.

~Derek

Since when did you two become experts on Gryphons? Fighting them in Astoria? Fighting the ones that have chosen paths of evil?

Are you both daft?

Trolls. Trolls here are disgusting foul evil creatures that get slaughtered on sight. They're a danger to the town. No one debates this. In Astoria, trolls are some of the best and most reputed healers of the land.

Creatures vary from land to land. Creatures even vary from town to town.

Balryn, your comparison to a lich doesn't work. Liches are made from foul magics. Gryphons are simply born.

Frankly, if people want to listen to a Gypsy and a baby dragon about Gryphons over a Biata, who as a race are the descendants of Gryphons, then perhaps they'd also be interested in purchasing a castle...

~Diera Turak

Diera said:
Since when did you two become experts on Gryphons? Fighting them in Astoria? Fighting the ones that have chosen paths of evil?

Okay. You want to know? I'm a native of Iyave. If you want a list of places here in Iyave-

In the capitol of Mistrali in the Citadel of Remembrance
During the Second Ul Hadar War, one of the generals was an Elder Gryphon

The Gypsy Isles south of the Dark Coast
And several sections of the Zorost Mountains

There are other locations I have fought Gryphons. Which include Highpoint, Astoria, and the Dragonlands. So that actually brings me to four different lands and many different countries where they were all evil.

I became an expert in Gryphons since several of my better friends are slayers and I myself have taken up blade against them on numerous occassions. I am also one of the few Rom who have wandered the nine crossroads searching for ways to seal the gates into this realm.

Now let us also denote something which isn't clear. There are Griffons. Then there are Gryphons.

This is much like saying- There are Drakes. Then there are Dragons.

You can ride a Griffon. They are smart like a dog. You can feed it a rabbit. If you are athletic you can stay on the thing while it flies high into the air. Some races use them as mounts. They are the closest celestial relative to the Gryphons.

Gryphons you cannot ride. They are smart with comprehension. You can feed them villages. If you are athletic you can keep your entrails from being ripped from your body as you watch in horror as it has you kill your own family because you were foolhardy enough to walk into it's presence. They use other races for food.

Does everyone see the difference?

In addition- frankly your objection is funny. Because Liches are actually born too. Only the minor Liches that wander the realms can be created by magic. The true liches are actually destined to be Liches from the day they are born.

& I agree that creatures vary from land to land. Some vary from town to town.

I don't care what species Biata claim to be from. The fact is that creatures who can spew forth elemental chaos are not creatures of the earth. They are creatures of Chaos. If I saw a Biata coughing up chaos energy then I would be just as willful in encouraging people to get rid of the Biata too. I guess we can be glad there is a big gap in the lineage of Biata and Gryphons.

Balryn

Now as far as Derek goes... I do believe the Dragons have had a millenium long feud with the Gryphons. I believe this gives him a little more information about Gryphons than most.

Diera said:
Trolls. Trolls here are disgusting foul evil creatures that get slaughtered on sight. They're a danger to the town. No one debates this. In Astoria, trolls are some of the best and most reputed healers of the land.

Creatures vary from land to land. Creatures even vary from town to town.

~Diera Turak

Diera,

I dont know what you are thinking praising the Astorian trolls. Having lived in Astoria for several years I had to fight troll almost every single day.

Daylynn

I saw trolls with white hands on their faces healing people. Was that not a specific group of trolls then? Perhaps I have the race wrong. Do you know what race of monstrous humanoid that was then?

Would that not mean that there was a group of creatures thought foul and evil, and a smaller group of those creatures who were good?

So you've fought evil Gryphons in Iyave. So what? I've fought evil Barbarians, goblins, and various and other sundry races and you don't see me campaigning for the deaths of those races.

Derek's dragons that have been warring with gryphons are from Astoria. Astorian Gryphons are not Iyaven Gryphons. In fact, a lot of things that I saw while in Astoria were the complete reverse of how they were in other lands.

"Liches are destined to be liches since the day they were born." Becoming a Lich is a conscious choice one has to make by casting the required formals. To say someone is destined to become a Lich is absurd. The only destiny we as mortal creatures have for certain is death.

If you don't think a creature with a higher intelligence than you can choose whether to be beneficient or malevolent, then you've already underestimated it. Hopefully you'll end up pleasantly surprised rather than the fate you seem to think will happen.

~Diera

Say what you're going to say Balryn. It's fairly obvious at this point that you're a genocidal maniac at best.

~Diera

Trolls healing people or having free will is not what is at issue here. There are many creatures from the realm of Iyave that do this as well. But Trolls are not chaos creatures. They are actually born of the four elements. While the four elements can be destructive, no one of them is actually evil when compared to chaos.

Creatures that share intrinsict links to the chaos realm are naturally evil. They destroy because they can. Unlike the elements, they are not destroying that which opposses them. They are destroying everything. This is the nature of chaos.

So you've fought evil Gryphons in Iyave. So what?

You asked me to give you information about the inherent nature of the gryphon. They are dangerous here in Iyave too. It's amazing you can ask for information and then utterly disregard it.

Becoming a Lich is a conscious choice one has to make by casting the required formals. To say someone is destined to become a Lich is absurd.

You need to spend more time studying the books Mistress of the Guild. We mortals can only create Liches that are weak. The true Vampires, the true Liches, and all of the most powerful forms of the Undead are only created by fate and destiny. Nearly all of the immortal races spend some time in what seems like a mortal shell. These shells are designed to grant them the experience of living as we do. The undead constructs of man which are created by our formal magics are nothing compared to the ones created by the fates.

If you don't think a creature with a higher intelligence than you can choose whether to be beneficient or malevolent-

Evil creatures can feign beneficient motives. But that does not make them good. It makes them smart enough to lure allies, build citadels of power, and things like the death spires. It is an age old story, written in many langauges and many occurrences, that chaos creatures use the forces of the earth against themselves.

~Balryn

A burst of light

A man appears, garbed in blue, gold and white, the top half of his face a golden sun.

"Perhaps we can continue this interesting debate once we have defeated the Strega? Such discord in the dreams" he shakes his head slowly. "We should be working together now, not raging over other issues. This is exactly what the Strega wants and you all are playing right into her hands."

He then fades back into the background.

Jim said:
A man appears, garbed in blue, gold and white, the top half of his face a golden sun.

"Perhaps we can continue this interesting debate once we have defeated the Strega? Such discord in the dreams" he shakes his head slowly. "We should be working together now, not raging over other issues. This is exactly what the Strega wants and you all are playing right into her hands."

He then fades back into the background.
That would be fine- but chaos in all it's forms is linked. The unraveller is an entity of chaos is it not? I'm sure the Strega wants exactly this type of conflict.

But why would I let one agent of the chaos realms wander freely when they both do damage to the realm? The reason we make necromancy and chaos illegal is because it destroys the order which binds the earth together. This creature is far less innocent than it portrays itself as.

Sir, I don't have any idea who you are and I have never met you- but the fact that you are encouraging the dismissal of one conflict against chaos in favor of another doesn't really bind with my way of life. You must plan for conflict on all fronts, while expecting... no hoping that it does not happen.

Yet this creature is not my problem anymore. I have already made plans to keep my family safe and done what I can to educate even it's own "mother" to it's true nature. But I see a town embracing it's destruction in the form of some "child". Chaos hides itself in the things we love. Sometimes for the better of the whole, you must destroy these things and not look back. My family made such a sacrifice months ago and it seems now others are far less reluctant to step up to the line.

~Balryn

My daughter has quite a personal stake in aiding the town to destroy the Strega. In case you hadn't heard, that Bitch is trying to kill me.

Auberon is right. We need to unite to defeat her. ALL of us, including my daughter, whether you like it or not.

~Diera

Diera said:
My daughter has quite a personal stake in aiding the town to destroy the Strega. In case you hadn't heard, that Bitch is trying to kill me.

Auberon is right. We need to unite to defeat her. ALL of us, including my daughter, whether you like it or not.

~Diera

Hmmmm.....if a child is a creature of chaos, would that not make the mother a creature of chaos?

Jarax

Perhaps if she was actually a creature of chaos and biologically mine, Jarax.

~Diera

Back