Wands

Wait, the wands section is wrong? Why didn't someone say something before? ;)

Me and my tongue which is firmly in my cheek will now wait for the addendum for more wand info.

Sunnfire said:
Just remember, face removals are intentional.
So Celestial Casters are WoW Shadow Priests now? Where's our DoTs? :lol:

Fearless Leader said:
And as a stone elf, I'm sure you're happy about those new rules as well.

Oh, believe me, I'm counting the build points to level 13. (Destroy Emotions - you will be assimilated.)

I prefer "Destroy Moral Code" :)

Or Bane :)

The point was, HE would call No Effect because there is no valid target. It was a dig. Directed at Tieran. That buzzing noise? That was the dig going over your head. :lol:

Because Justin, Tieran as well as my self have no Moral Code to Destroy....

markusdark said:
Maxondaerth said:
Why, so you can call "No effect?" ;)

Actually, my personal call in the Mental Abilities is "I refuse." :twisted:

I have never had anyone refuse my Biata or Stone Elf mental abilities nor have I ever refused those of any Biata or Stone Elf. Although there is a rule in place that allows players to refuse any mental ability, unless the one perpetrating the ability is being extremely cheesy or going overboard in some way I would find most people who refuse the mental abilities to be cheesy themselves. We are a ROLEPLAYING game. Why refuse one of the best foundations for awesome RP?

Sunnfire said:
The wand does not have charges.

The wand does nothing other than determine the type of elemental packet.

You as a caster get a number of wand charges that you may use with ANY wand.

When you pick up a ANY wand, your damage is determined by the number of 9th level spells in your spell column.

Not by the wand, not by who made the wand.
The wand in used determines the type of elemental damage. Nothing else.

So the sentence in the rulebook that says the wand is only usable by the spellcaster is incorrect?

Telokh_Amdo said:
Sunnfire said:
The wand does not have charges.

The wand does nothing other than determine the type of elemental packet.

You as a caster get a number of wand charges that you may use with ANY wand.

When you pick up a ANY wand, your damage is determined by the number of 9th level spells in your spell column.

Not by the wand, not by who made the wand.
The wand in used determines the type of elemental damage. Nothing else.

So the sentence in the rulebook that says the wand is only usable by the spellcaster is incorrect?

I am assuming you mean the spell caster that created it. So yes. the line is incorrect.

Wands are only usable by Celestial Spell Casters (Whatever class flavor they may be), as to get any 'wand charges' you need to have celestial spells.

Bob the Celestial Guy with a 4 Block Celestial and 50billion ranks in rit, goes into logistics friday night. He is given 36 Wand tags (like arrow tags that can be torn of 1 or more at a time). He then runs into goblins, because that's what goblins do.
He pulls out his Ice wand, because hes cool like that.. (hah!), Throws 5 '5 Elemental Ice' Packets. Kills two of the goblins and injures a third. The third goblin shatters his wand, so he kills it with a dragon's breath. At the end of the encounter he tears off 5 of his wand tags, and a dragons breath.
He then goes into town and tell his friend Tommy, that some goblins shattered his ice wand, and that he thinks that he might cry. Tommy not wanting to hear that nonsense gives Bob a Ice wand that he made in logistics earlier that day, because Tommy is not a tool and made extras.

Bob now has another Ice wand he can use, and still has 31 'charges' left to use from his original 36.

If bob runs into more goblins, and then throws 31 '5 Elemental Ice' Packets, he can no longer make use of any wands until he goes through 'Study time' when his spell memory refreshes as does his elemental wand 'memory' or 'charges' however you want to refer to it.

The wand is a stick with a tag, the tag tells you what element the wand is. That's about it, everything else is linked to the caster.

IF you have one of the two new wand rituals on the wand, that alters things slightly, much like having a magic sword alters the swing of a fighter slightly, but the base mechanics are the same.

You can strengthen wands, you can carry extras. I recommend you do both. (That's what I am doing)

so for logistics purposes there should be a wand weapon tag (of some kind) and then the elemental damage tags?

you say carry extras... so you can by 5 ice wands at logistics for 10 silver, but you'll only ever get however many elemental dmg tags that you are allowed to per wand per logistics period. correct?

Robb Graves said:
so for logistics purposes there should be a wand weapon tag (of some kind) and then the elemental damage tags?

you say carry extras... so you can by 5 ice wands at logistics for 10 silver, but you'll only ever get however many elemental dmg tags that you are allowed to per wand per logistics period. correct?

I'm not sure what you mean by Per/wand per/Period.

I do not recall a limit on the the number of wands you can by per logistics period, so assuming that is not supposed to be there. Yes you could go create 5 Ice wands for 10 silver. If that limit of 1 per period is supposed to be there, you can only make 1. But you could make 1 the next logistics period as well, and then have 2.

Wands do not expire. The Wand tag will be something like a weapon tag, with a element specified on it. That tag is attached to your wand rep.

So, if you want all 4 elements available, you need 4 wand reps.

If you come into logistics with 34 wands on you (All stone, why? Who knows..), and you decide to make 1 of each element that logistics period (3 to give to friends and 1 stone one for yourself), you will be given 4 wand tags, each with one element specified.

On a completely separate set of tags and completely unrelated to how many wands you own, have on you or just made fresh from the oven with your delicious chocolate chip cookies, you will get your 'wand charges'. I dislike the name as it implies it has something to do with the wand, and it does not.

If you walk in with no wands and just logist your character who has celestial spells, you will be handed a tag of 'wand charges'.

If you have 444321 you will get a tag with 18 'charges'

If you have a 4 Block you will get a tag with 36 'Charges'

If you have a 9-1 Pyramid you will get a tag with 45 'Charges'

We will call these guys Mages, A, B, and 12.

Each mage gets their 'charge' tags along with their spell column (as that is what determines # of charges and damage).

Each mage may then pick up ANY wand in game, and expend their 'charges' through that wand, with the wand determining the type of elemental packet.

So all three Mages walk into a bar.

In the Bar there are 4 wands laying on a table.

Mage A picks up the fire wand from the table and throws 4 '1 Elemental Flame' packets at the innkeeper.

He then hands the wand to Mage B who then throws 4 '5 Elemental Flame' packets at the innkeeper.

Mage B hands the wand to Mage 12, who then throws 4 '2 Elemental Flame' Packets at the innkeeper.

The innkeeper then throws a 'Shatter Wand' at mage 12 who not expecting such a thing from a lowly innkeeper, does not have a spell shield, and the flame wand is shattered.

Mage A picks up the ice wand from the table and having already expended 4 'charges' from HIS 'wand memory' he only has 14 charges left to use. So he throws 14 '1 Elemental Ice' packets at the innkeeper.

Mage A now has no 'charges' left from logistics. He may no longer throw packets with any wands. So he stands there wondering why the innkeeper was healed by ice.

Mage B takes the Ice wand from Mage A, and throws 10 '5 Elemental Ice' Packets at the Innkeeper. (Who is still healed by them, mage B is slow).

Mage B has now used 14 of his 36 'charges' and has 22 left to use with any wand he can lay his hands on.

Wand Tags, go on wands and determine the element of the wand.

Wand Charges (poorly named, which I am equally at fault for), go on the character and have nothing to do with the wands. They are determined by the number of spells in the characters celestial spell column. (4 block guy gets 36 charges each logistics period, that he may use through any wand. He may never throw more than 36 packets through wands in any logistics period.)

Wand Damage , goes on the character and has nothing to do with the wand. It is determined by the # of 9th Level spells +1. (4 block guy calls 5 for damage through any wand that he picks up.)

So if that is what you were trying to say.. then yes.

I apologize for the long explanations, but there is enough confusion already. So hopefully for anyone reading, one explanation or another will be clear, as it took a few times through even in person to get everyone on the same page as to how this worked.

no no, don't apologize. that was awesome. If what you said there is how they are supposed to work. not only do I now totally understand them, but i like them alot more.

Back