Warrant of Arrest

I thought undead things counted as undead, not what they used to be, never heard people talk about 'that barbarian that happens to be undead' it's always 'that dirty kilt wearing liche'?

I could be wrong, I dunno...

Anyway you can't kill undead Jamina without that same blade cutting into a lot of other people, I know Regan would be hurt real bad, and probably Roy too, even if you don't care about the undead thing, you can still care about them enough to at least try....

...right?

-Jehyu

Jehyu,

Assuming Jamina were an undead and you were using an earth blade, then the same blade that hurt Jamina would not hurt Roy nor Regan.

Honored Glen'esh,

You have shone the light of truth on an area of the law that these few specific lines do not address, whether or not being undead is a crime under the law. You are correct that by existing as a liche would not subject you to committing the crime of Necromancy outright.

However, you also further indicate that undead are not a protected class as defined under the sentient beings clause. Therefore, undead, like kobolds, have no rights to law under the crown. Unlike kobolds, I am sure you can agree, that many people view undead as abominations against the natural order of things, as once something is dead, it should stay that way. In fact, you should go ask the first High Ogre you see if they think "undead should continue to go around walking." I am sure you will get an ear-full about how they should all be destroyed (High Ogres have an uncommon blood thirst for the destruction of all undead).

Furthermore, if someone is subject to a race change due to ritual magics, they become that race in thoughts and abilities. A Romani that is race changed into a stone elf will not laugh or be jovial, nor will they be able to curse anyone. Now whether or not one remains their race and retains their for lack of a better term "racial memory" after being changed into a greater undead I do not know. However, again if you ask that same High Ogre if that "greater undead should continue to go around walking," you would get the same answer.

Adventurers,

Again I urge you caution as you decide your paths and allegiances. There is much conjecture in this matter and very little fact. Once the light of truth has been shown on this situation all will become clear.

May the Light guide you and may Shadow guard your path.

Arcanist Dure'dhel
Warlock of the Royal Celestial Guild of Gaden

As Sheriff York has said, ANY DISCUSSION ON THIS MATTER IS MOOT! Enough talking about this. This is for the Sheriff to deal with, and should he require our assistance in dealing with Jamina he would ask for it. If he has not asked for your help in dealing with this, then I recommend you stop discussing it. It helps no one squabbling amongst ourselves.

~Healer Icey

Aye, Icey is correct, if we continue to bicker about this matter, we could tear ourselves apart and create new opportunities for out enemies to take advantage of us. As it stands right now, too much information has been put out upon these realms, information that could be exploited by our nemeses. I support Icey's statement and agree that we leave the Sheriff to his own devices and cease this pointless arguing. And any FURTHER discussion on Jamina's condition should be ceased as well.

-Thorgrim Stoneaxe of the Runebinder Clan

Dr_Chill said:
Jehyu,

Assuming Jamina were an undead and you were using an earth blade, then the same blade that hurt Jamina would not hurt Roy nor Regan.

Arcanist Dure'dhel
Warlock of the Royal Celestial Guild of Gaden

That's not what I.....

I didn't mean....

...nevermind

-Jehyu

Dr_Chill said:

Technically. However, zhat becomes a matter of blood. You spill Jamina's blood, and you spill Romani blood. Zhat is not a thing taken very kindly among any of us.

Talitha Vashti said:
Technically. However, zhat becomes a matter of blood. You spill Jamina's blood, and you spill Romani blood. Zhat is not a thing taken very kindly among any of us.

Talitha,

That's an interesting distinction... lets play a hypothetical game.

My apprentice is Kitauren. He is Romani. If he is turned into an undead, and I strike him down - in your eyes, did I strike down a Romani? Or did I strike down an undead?

For the record - Kitauren is not undead. He is Romani. If anyone wishes to test this, they may come see me, and I can conduct testing. If you wish my qualifications, contact me privately.

EricMarsters said:
My apprentice is Kitauren. He is Romani. If he is turned into an undead, and I strike him down - in your eyes, did I strike down a Romani? Or did I strike down an undead?

Zhe answer, Marsters, is Yes.

Talitha Vashti said:
EricMarsters said:

Zhe answer, Marsters, is Yes.

Thank you for answering my question.

I'll be over here, then, letting the law handle this one... wiping my hands of this. Last thing I need is the Romani mad at me... I've seen what happens when curses start flying. I'm out.

Eric Marsters
Diplomaticly Avoiding Getting Gypsy Cursed
No Longer Meddling On This One

Back