Welcome Alberta chapter!

markusdark

Knight
Now this is a good news thing that I definitely hope isn't a joke.

Congratulations on joining Alberta and congratulations AllianceLARP on becoming international. :)

Awesome! Welcome guys! :)

Mike Ventrella

Duke
Owner
HQ Staff
Definitely NOT an April Fool's joke. :D

By the way, Ivan Mulkeen, the chapter owner, helped write some of the game Dragon Age (for those of you who have been playing -- like me!)

Also not an April Fool's joke.

Fearless Leader said:

By the way, Ivan Mulkeen, the chapter owner, helped write some of the game Dragon Age (for those of you who have been playing -- like me!)

Me thinks thou dost protest too much.

-MS

So is the new owner on the forums yet? Is his staff?

Kevar

Fighter
Seattle Staff
Marshal
Welcome to our crazy game!! Hope everything starts off smoothly for you all and that your events go off without a hitch!

-Brent

evi1r0n

Baron
I have been meaning to go to Canada again and somewhere besides Vancouver BC... Hmm is a road trip in order? Only 12 hours... Maybe. Good luck with the new chapter!

Ezri

Knight
HQ Staff
Eep, 42 hours from NJ... wonder how long a flight it would be? :)

Welcome Alberta!

Fearless Leader said:

Well damn, if thats not a strong starting point I don't know what is.
Welcome Alberta

--bill
Caldaria Plot Adjunct
Caldarai Rules Marshal

markusdark

Knight
I'm actually thinking a winter event would be really great. Talk about extreme conditional adventuring! Too bad I sold my father's antique snow shoes just a couple of years ago...

Imulkeen

Ondreij said:
Welcome, Alberta.

I, for one, will not be coming to any of your Winter events, thank you.
That's okay... neither will i. o_O

Seriously we'd planned to run events April til October this year.. but ended up scrapping the April event and turning it into a site clean up. Why? Well primarily because we weren't logistically ready to run events, but for a secondary reason hows this? IT SNOWED THIS WEEK. -_-

We're considering this as our schedule:

August til October, last weekend of every month (Maybe a November event.. *maybe*)
Module days/Tavern nights 2nd Sunday of every month during the season.

Running costs are our biggest problem right now though, if I'm going to operate with a 1 NPC per 2 PC's ratio, we need 30 PCs per event to break even.

And I just got more "Good" news today, after there being no LARPs running in Edmonton for the last, almost, 10 years - 2 other groups have decided to start running this year. An Amtgard game and one using Darkon rules.