Welcome Alberta chapter!

Now this is a good news thing that I definitely hope isn't a joke.

Congratulations on joining Alberta and congratulations AllianceLARP on becoming international. :)

Awesome! Welcome guys! :)

Definitely NOT an April Fool's joke. :D

By the way, Ivan Mulkeen, the chapter owner, helped write some of the game Dragon Age (for those of you who have been playing -- like me!)

Also not an April Fool's joke.

Fearless Leader said:

By the way, Ivan Mulkeen, the chapter owner, helped write some of the game Dragon Age (for those of you who have been playing -- like me!)

Me thinks thou dost protest too much.

-MS

So is the new owner on the forums yet? Is his staff?

Welcome to our crazy game!! Hope everything starts off smoothly for you all and that your events go off without a hitch!

-Brent

T.T The only problem with this is that the Alberta Chapter is a full 24 hour drive from SoMN! Too far to visit right now.

I have been meaning to go to Canada again and somewhere besides Vancouver BC... Hmm is a road trip in order? Only 12 hours... Maybe. Good luck with the new chapter!

Eep, 42 hours from NJ... wonder how long a flight it would be? :)

Welcome Alberta!

Fearless Leader said:

Well damn, if thats not a strong starting point I don't know what is.
Welcome Alberta

--bill
Caldaria Plot Adjunct
Caldarai Rules Marshal

I'm actually thinking a winter event would be really great. Talk about extreme conditional adventuring! Too bad I sold my father's antique snow shoes just a couple of years ago...

Ondreij said:
Welcome, Alberta.

I, for one, will not be coming to any of your Winter events, thank you.

That's okay... neither will i. o_O

Seriously we'd planned to run events April til October this year.. but ended up scrapping the April event and turning it into a site clean up. Why? Well primarily because we weren't logistically ready to run events, but for a secondary reason hows this? IT SNOWED THIS WEEK. -_-

We're considering this as our schedule:

August til October, last weekend of every month (Maybe a November event.. *maybe*)
Module days/Tavern nights 2nd Sunday of every month during the season.

Running costs are our biggest problem right now though, if I'm going to operate with a 1 NPC per 2 PC's ratio, we need 30 PCs per event to break even.

And I just got more "Good" news today, after there being no LARPs running in Edmonton for the last, almost, 10 years - 2 other groups have decided to start running this year. An Amtgard game and one using Darkon rules.

Back