What are the costume rules?

I'm asking about the clothing itself... like those rules you have in school were a skirt has to be a certain length and such. Do we have those clearly stated or no?

Howdy!

There are no explicit rules to costuming in that regards. We would ask that participants keep in mind that we try to be more or less family-friendly, and also that temperatures get down into the 20s fairly commonly. Unless you're in a situation that explicitly calls for it (like, you're actually, truly OOG jumping in a lake for a swim, for instance), a bikini probably wouldn't cut it, for example. Beyond that, we'd say try and be as in-period as your craftsmanship, budget, and safety allow for. Sneakers are probably not the way to go, but hiking boots with good ankle-support are a-ok!

jpariury said:
Howdy!

There are no explicit rules to costuming in that regards. We would ask that participants keep in mind that we try to be more or less family-friendly, and also that temperatures get down into the 20s fairly commonly. Unless you're in a situation that explicitly calls for it (like, you're actually, truly OOG jumping in a lake for a swim, for instance), a bikini probably wouldn't cut it, for example. Beyond that, we'd say try and be as in-period as your craftsmanship, budget, and safety allow for. Sneakers are probably not the way to go, but hiking boots with good ankle-support are a-ok!
Thanks for the information!! and aren't you guy from the documentary?!

Wow JP... You're one of the greats. I think that means you are old. :funny:

evi1r0n said:
Wow JP... You're one of the greats. I think that means you are old. :funny:

:funny: hahaha! :funny: oh! um i wasnt laughing :whistle: i was just stretching my jaw muscles :shout:

you know JP isn't that special, but if he pulled out Sir Gregor he just might be able to slay a dragon :shock: okay, maybe he's kinda special :p

Lol. We're terribly chatty people when given the opportunity.

prashka said:

probably more so when we get a chance to pick on JP :thumbsup:

Ithra said:
prashka said:

I don't even think that is an Oregon specific phenomena.

o_O

Stephen
National PR
(And Jerk.... sometimes)

RiddickDale said:
Ithra said:
prashka said:

I don't even think that is an Oregon specific phenomena.

o_O

Stephen
National PR
(And Jerk.... sometimes)
so it's a national epidemic!

Best sport ever definitely! If only i could go! I have to wait because apparently everyone wants to <deleted> me :p

This thread/post was not reported, but I'm gonna go ahead and edit it. That particular word should never be used with a smiley next to it. I am aware that I technically have no authority in this domain. If a member of Oregon staff would like me to remove my edits plz contact me via PM. - Stephen

Back