What are the costume rules?

Excuse me?

Yes, please excuse my language. I deeply apologize to anyone that saw the word I used. I'm trying to sort it out, but My father is extremely unsure of the other people. Yet, I am trying to assure him the staff is highly professional.

Blong100591 said:
Yes, please excuse my language. I deeply apologize to anyone that saw the word I used. I'm trying to sort it out, but My father is extremely unsure of the other people. Yet, I am trying to assure him the staff is highly professional.

Not sure if it helps, but a fair number of us who play have kids of our own and understand the issues. It might help him to know that :)

Average age of our games is probably early to mid 20s; we have a chunk of under-20 year old players as well as several in their 30s and 40s (or older).

-Bryan

Polare said:
Blong100591 said:

Not sure if it helps, but a fair number of us who play have kids of our own and understand the issues. It might help him to know that :)

Average age of our games is probably early to mid 20s; we have a chunk of under-20 year old players as well as several in their 30s and 40s (or older).

-Bryan
Thanks that'll help some what, he just doesn't like hearing it from forums sooo I'm going to get my mom to play... who said 17 year old doesn't love there mom. -evil laugh-

and you can be sure that me and my friends would protect you if needed, heck if someone insults, hits, or even pretends to hit a girl we give them the parking lot treatment (some might remember me getting the treatment during the first event me, thomas, chas, brandon, and emily went to) although thats more a joke thing, if someone tried to seriously harm you we would seriously beat the crap out of them.
isn't that right guys?

No worries, just wanted to know if it was something we could address directly or if it were more personal in nature. We have a number of families that play together: our chapter owner brings his son out to events he plays at; we have another father-and-son team that show up pretty often, and at one point, my wife played alongside her brother and two sisters. Since you saw Monster Camp, you also probably might recall the father-daughter team (Kelly and Jacquelyn) that played at the time. If your mother or father have any questions or concerns that they would like to speak with us by email, phone, or if time and distance allow, in person, feel free to give them both my personal email address and our plot team's group email address (jpariury at gmail dot com / oregonplot at gmail dot com, respectively).

Thank you everyone for the support and I will be giving my dad that email. I want to keep the spirit of LARP alive for generations to come.

Ithra said:
and you can be sure that me and my friends would protect you if needed, heck if someone insults, hits, or even pretends to hit a girl we give them the parking lot treatment (some might remember me getting the treatment during the first event me, thomas, chas, brandon, and emily went to) although thats more a joke thing, if someone tried to seriously harm you we would seriously beat the crap out of them.
isn't that right guys?
Why are you guys not my Facebook friends?!

Ithra said:
isn't that right guys?

"It's ok, he accepts physical roleplay!" I said as we beat Evan up.

But seriously, glad to have a new player.

Ithra said:
isn't that right guys?
I think I missed seeing this while writing my reply. To be clear, anyone engaging in unwanted physical activity will be handled in a manner fitting the needs of the issue, and authorities contacted as appropriate.

If the cops got called on someone... it later would end up as a very odd episode of cops in my belief.

I am sure the staff would be more than willing to meet your father before game on to address any concerns. We also have players who are very young. (Some players bring their kids when they are old enough to play). We are also a friendly bunch.

evi1r0n said:
I am sure the staff would be more than willing to meet your father before game on to address any concerns. We also have players who are very young. (Some players bring their kids when they are old enough to play). We are also a friendly bunch.
i'll have to get him to arrange a meeting : ) when talk to him.

Back