What's so cool about the Biata? ;)

Fearless Leader said:
b) who says all classes are roughly equal in effectiveness and speed of advancement?

Reading the rulebook to familiarize myself with some of the rules that are often missed, I came across this sentence on page 117, Second paragraph under "Monster Characters":

"The NERO system is designed to be fairly balanced between all of the classes."

Just keepin' things honest. ;)

Marcena said:
Oh? So just anyone?

Hmm...a biata necromancer...who'd'a thunk it? ;)

Now how does killing people in the woods make me a necromancer?

Scholar?

No.

I know two.

One of each gender even.

markusdark said:
Fearless Leader said:
b) who says all classes are roughly equal in effectiveness and speed of advancement?

Reading the rulebook to familiarize myself with some of the rules that are often missed, I came across this sentence on page 117, Second paragraph under "Monster Characters":

"The NERO system is designed to be fairly balanced between all of the classes."

Just keepin' things honest. ;)

Well, damn. I forgot that was in there, and probably should take it out, because it's probably been there since before we added Artisan, which is certainly not "equal in effectiveness and speed of advancement" and what I was thinking about when I made that comment!

I thought it was going to be like the Bard class of D&D. That's what I kept playing one for. Now I'm just a terribly ineffective rogue. :(

Marcena said:
Wow. I also have yet to see a non-caster stone elf as well.

Come to HQ and see a female Stone Elf fighter and male Stone Elf Rogue (if he comes back to play).

Marcena said:
I thought it was going to be like the Bard class of D&D. That's what I kept playing one for. Now I'm just a terribly ineffective rogue. :(

Funny, that's very similar to my opinion of Scout, only ranger-style. Unlike D&D, our hybrid classes don't pick up any unique abilities to offset the greatly slowed advancement in class skills.

I honestly think that the slowed advancement in two skill sets is fairly balanced against the fact that you get relatively easy access to two skill sets.

If by 'relatively easy' you mean 'exactly as difficult as any other character' then yes. :cool: Teacher cards are teacher cards, everyone needs them and no skills are designated as 'class only'.

No, I mean relatively easy as it is significantly easier for a templar to swing 10s and have a four column than it is for either a scholar or a fighter to do the same.

Just as it is similarly easy for a Scout to swing 10s and 20s than it is for a fighter or a rogue to do the same.

Teacher cards are not difficult for any particular class to obtain, and are frankly only as hard to get as the chapter you are playing wants to make them.

Marcena said:
Of course I know. I'm the only gypsy PC in Chicago, Minnesota, and Traverse City!

'cept Ahlana.

That's because gypsies bring undead, and are nothing more than dogs in Chicago.

See, now you're just hoping I'll come up there and whoop yo' green ***, arntcha?

Come on up Jeff! :)- He needs a good whoppin.

We actually have 3 gypsies in CHI... Jessie's just never met any of them.

Stoneskull_Rockfist said:
Marcena said:
Of course I know. I'm the only gypsy PC in Chicago, Minnesota, and Traverse City!

'cept Ahlana.

That's because gypsies bring undead, and are nothing more than dogs in Chicago.

Hey, I don't make the IG laws...

I don't have issues with gypsies...

Stoneskull doesn't have issues with gypsies...

Just certain people.

Get outta here you dirty greenskins and pesky homeless accented people.

This thread is not about you.

Back