Who's Coming To The October Event?

Shhh said:
I don't know why this hasn't been said before, except that Gary and crew suck at self promotion. but guys if there is ever one Deadlands event to hit each year it's October. Maybe he's just especially inspired by the changing seasons or by Halloween, but Gary's end of October events are rather infamous for being something truly special. I know his Dead Time weekend stands out in my mind as one of the best larp events I have attended, and I still remember it with wicked glee some six years later.

Dead Time was not an October/Halloween event.

Nope, but the Halloween event that year is one of MY favorite events ever.

The Wraiths running around unstoppable until we found their weaknesses... then going to the plane of death to take them out once and for all.

Completely awesome. Props to all who contributed to that event, as it is one of the stories that helps reenergize me when I'm feeling low.

okay,,,, looking at this post chain has got me a little worried, all you pcing and only me and samara npcing? well this should be a fun event lol
lets just keep my bruises to a minimal :p

syra pefferfoot said:
okay,,,, looking at this post chain has got me a little worried, all you pcing and only me and samara npcing? well this should be a fun event lol

Royal decree: we swing massive, are immune to everything but stone, healed by oxygen and are KBA. You and me, girl. :p

And Nellie, she'll be dark siding too. Go go little girls in NPC camp! Woo!

Flyaway Bird said:
syra pefferfoot said:

Royal decree: we swing massive, are immune to everything but stone, healed by oxygen and are KBA. You and me, girl. :p

<swaps hammer head with a rock, wraps in duct tape>

What? You said immune to everything but stone. I got this!

DariusSilver said:
Flyaway Bird said:
syra pefferfoot said:

yay nellie and samara!
darius, your a very brave man messing with a group of girls. dont you know thats like messing with a group of harpies? :twisted:

DariusSilver said:
Flyaway Bird said:
syra pefferfoot said:

yay nellie and samara!
darius, your a very brave man messing with a group of girls. dont you know thats like messing with a group of harpies? :twisted:

Heheheh. I know very well what it is like messing with a group of girls. I grew up in a house full of women. Thus, female wrath no longer scares me. =)

You'll have a toddo in NPC camp. Given the message board buzz I just might have to play a certain role and let PCs attempt to, oh how was it put? It was so cute and naive, oh yes! "Stab me in the face."
-toddo

...so NPC camp is going to consist of Samara, Nellie, Syra, me, Gary and Mike?

Sweet! And Mike and Gary would be the luckiest bastards on the face of the earth.

I can't wait for this weekend, I'm getting a wee bit burned out NPCing so much, but I can do this one last time! Especially if Samara will agree to be my NPC girlfriend again, even though I sorta jumped fence at Nationals.

DariusSilver said:
ROCK is different than STONE. :p Good try though! On a related note, we're also immune to Air Raksa specifically.

syra pefferfoot said:
dont you know thats like messing with a group of harpies? :twisted:
All-girl wave battle? I think yes. Where are Mel and Meghan and Torrie when you need them?

phedre said:
I can't wait for this weekend, I'm getting a wee bit burned out NPCing so much, but I can do this one last time! Especially if Samara will agree to be my NPC girlfriend again, even though I sorta jumped fence at Nationals.
Heeeeeell yeah!

it has already been determined that Torrie, with a base stat card and unlimited respawns, could res the town.

how 'bout immune to Benders in general? because then us 6 girls really could wreck face.

and I vote for a Banshee chorus. there would be enough of us to really freak some people out.

Oh my. This calls for a Deadlands versus Caldaria chick NPC death match.

*Dusts off his referee jersey and starts filling a kiddie pool with Jello*

Pantzike said:
Nope, but the Halloween event that year is one of MY favorite events ever.

The Wraiths running around unstoppable until we found their weaknesses... then going to the plane of death to take them out once and for all.

Completely awesome. Props to all who contributed to that event, as it is one of the stories that helps reenergize me when I'm feeling low.

pretty sure shane wrote that event. just remember the 1st part of that event being just dan, kelly, shane and i as the only npc's

-Doug

Heh, I get confused as to just which events happened when sometimes. I thought that one was Dead Time, my bad, but in any case the point is the October Halloween event is one I was always excited about, one which I consistently expected to be above and beyond and those expectations were never disappointed. So big love to all the plot staff who had a hand in them through the years, Shane, Gary, Dan, etc...

Now if you'll all excuse me, but i am a bit bitter and jealous that I can't be there this weekend, so I have to go email Sean Nic's secret hit list of townsfolk he's planning to knock off so Emilio can get started on that for me. :eek:

I am on the dark side as well. MWahahahahhahahahhaaha.

ahem.

BEN!! Nooooooooo, I know NPC chicks are hot, and its easy to be taken in by a wave battle of epic proportions, but who will lead the town and the chorus? Who will give us bad puns and side long glances?

It's alright I can make due with just sitting alone singing to myself...

On the other hand, FRYPAN!!!!!

Ok I'm better now.

Back