Winter write-ups

Please do a winter write-up. It makes the game more dynamic and strengthens the synergy between plot and players. Also: upward trends in revenue streams. Reinitialize.

Also, please do it by 3/1/10.

Watch the IG boards over the next several days. Various NPCs will be asking for help, making comments, and other things of that nature to help give you a place to start from if you're struggling, or hadn't planned on doing a write-up otherwise. Hopefully this will encourage more of you to get involved and feel more immersed when the season kicks off in April. See you all then!

-Dan

Thank you for the upcoming idea generators. I've been hitting a wall when it comes to Caillen's winter shenanigans.

Hi everyone!

Just a friendly reminder that winter write ups are due by March 1st. We have only received a handful so far, so please spread the word to any friends who may play NH if you think they may not see this message. Also, there are a lot of people commenting on the IG boards that they are willing to help with some of the various NPC teasers, but you still need to submit a proper writeup to Deadlandscharplot@Gmail.com. I'm going to personally endeavor to add one or two more tonight to give people some more options. Thanks guys, any questions feel free to ask!

Thanks
~Stacey

Dan/Stacey,

Is the following acceptable for submission? I want to make sure I play by the rules.

Plot Submission:

Winter 2010

Riddick wanders about randomly planting potatoes. If anyone asks him why he will look at them, shrug, and skip away laughing giddily.

That has to be the silliest johnny apple seed visual ever... Riddick should wear a pot on his head while doing that...

Steve, as a visitor to our chapter you may have forgotten, but as a human you would be unable to seed or tend any plants of any kind, much less an edible tuber such as a potato. If the overwhelming futility of your endevour crushes your spirit such that you lose all semblance of reason and continue anyway, or if your inherent contrary nature has given rise to your fruitless (yuk yuk) enterprise from the start, then yes, that is the best damn winter write-up we have recieved thus far. Leaps and bounds ahead of everything else.

Hi everyone,

last chance reminder that the deadline is tonight at midnight for your winter writeups! Below you'll find the character list of those we've received writeups for, please make sure if you sent us a writeup that your name is on the list. If you do not have your name on this list please send your writeup to DeadlandsCharplot@Gmail.com. We're aiming to return all writeups by April 1st and are looking forward to seeing many of you at our faire day, only a month and a half to go!

~Stacey

Tova
Amaranthus
Nicodemus
Collan
Sudupta
Ivar
Deborah
Drenten
Elnai
Avalon
Morai
Avian
Azureith
Vry
Thrak
Koi
Casey
Heresy
Keely
Phedre
Rock
Zehnyu
Sun
Tabin
Sevaria
Surion
Alor

You will have the rest of my write-up in a little bit.

EDIT: It's all sent.

Can I change my winter write-up to wandering around the Deadlands, following Vry and trying to trip him where ever he goes?

I already made my write-up be that I hunt down and try to Perm Sevaria...so sure?

Sunnfire said:
Awesome. Now I will have 2 snacks for the long winter.

uh oh. this cant be a good thing.
lol it reminds me of last summer when kainen consumed sevaria and pantzike

So I just logged on here after a long absence, and am seeing that I missed the deadline.

Well drat.

Is there any way I could still get you guys a write up within the next few days? I had been planning to play this summer but neglected to log on in time.

-Tim Pillsbury / Sako Quince

If you're playing this summer you can submit any time you want, because you shouldn't need a reply any time soon. The winter write ups are more for responses to things the characters did between the closer and the opener. Since you've been away so long you'll need a lot more info than that to explain what you've been up to.

Gary

Gary,

To confirm, the faire day in April is at the Claremont site, yes?

I sent in my writeup, but I don't see my character name on the list. Is "collan" supposed to be "caillen?"

Caillen was not on the list apparently by oversight. Thanks for pointing that out. We got a huge volume of submissions this year, and yours slipped by. I have found the email and marked it to get responded to. Thanks for letting us know.

Back