Worst Superpowers

Ben once told me that the worst superpower he had ever heard of was the ability to smell into the future. For a time I was forced to agree, but I just had a brainwave: radioactive waste manipulation. Requiring bare skin contact. This power does not include any resistance to radiation.

Anyone got anything better (worse)?

Aquaman

Neutered Man

Guys, Carpetman, from the Tick?

His power was that he wears a carpet all over his body, by choice.

"So you look pretty warm, sweating a lot."

(Breathing heavy) "It's the carpet."

"Why don't you just take it off?"

(panting) "Then.." (panting) "I.."(panting) "wouldn't be Carpet...man"

Deadlands said:
Guys, Carpetman, from the Tick?

His power was that he wears a carpet all over his body, by choice.

"So you look pretty warm, sweating a lot."

(Breathing heavy) "It's the carpet."

"Why don't you just take it off?"

(panting) "Then.." (panting) "I.."(panting) "wouldn't be Carpet...man"

That is not a super power, that is a guy wearing a carpet.

Here is my choice: X-ray vision...that you can't turn off. :whaa:

FINE!

I would go with the ability to shape shift on inch shorter.

or

The ability to heal others, by having to take on their maladies or injuries.

The human torch's powers, but with no resistance to fire. Do I win?

Torch can (could) throw bolts of flame without turning on the sweatsuit.

Taking people's injuries would be amazingly useful in a daycare setting, though I suspect you specifically might not go that route.

It's still not a good idea to throw fire around if you aren't immune to fire. He shot continuous streams of fire directly from his hands, and even short streams of fire would sear your hands badly enough to warrant a trip to the ER.

Also there's the idea of super-strength without the super-durability to go with it. Pick up anything that your skeletal structure can't support and that's the end of your arms.

And in terms of uselessness, there's always the power of Heart. Poor Ma-Ti got 5th billing to Wheeler because of his "power."

But to take your power a step further, to cause all organic matter within a mile of you to become poisonous and die. So you'd kill everything and everyone you ever knew and loved, and destroy or poison anything you could possibly eat or drink.

Breakable Man

His body is so brittle that if he even bumps into something, part of his body shatters. It does regererate but it is painful nonetheless.

Mayfly Man

Is born, grows up, and dies all in one day.

Captain Oblivious

Is totally oblivious to his surroundings or what is happening.

Mullet Man

Can change people's hair style into a mullet.

Dom said:
Neutered Man

Great movie.

Invisibility would suck. You'd be blind because your retinas would be invisible too so light couldn't refract off of them...unless you were invisible except for a pair of floating retinas in that case...ewwww.

Admittedly it goes against the point of the thread, but since it's my thread anyway...

You could actually make invisibility viable by escaping only the visible spectrum, and gaining the ability to see in the infrared and/or ultraviolet ranges.

kitsune85 said:
Mullet Man

Can change people's hair style into a mullet.

Wrong thread. That would be filed under "Best Superpower".

wowy319 said:
It's still not a good idea to throw fire around if you aren't immune to fire. He shot continuous streams of fire directly from his hands, and even short streams of fire would sear your hands badly enough to warrant a trip to the ER.

Also there's the idea of super-strength without the super-durability to go with it. Pick up anything that your skeletal structure can't support and that's the end of your arms.

And in terms of uselessness, there's always the power of Heart. Poor Ma-Ti got 5th billing to Wheeler because of his "power."

But to take your power a step further, to cause all organic matter within a mile of you to become poisonous and die. So you'd kill everything and everyone you ever knew and loved, and destroy or poison anything you could possibly eat or drink.

Heart was the best power, it was mind control. Ma-Ti just was too much of a wuss to exploit it properly.

South Park's "Captain Hindsight"

The power is having perfect 20/20 hindsight.
--bill

Bill thats not a superpower...Hindsight is always 20/20

Source- Dave Mustaine

AllianceCHI said:
Bill thats not a superpower...Hindsight is always 20/20

Source- Dave Mustaine

But looking back, it's still a little bit fuzzy.... :zonks: :yummy: :ninja:

Elasticity...great, so you can stretch out. Too bad that elastic loses that over time...so 4 years down the road, your arms drag on the ground, you sag because your back is all stretched out, and your neck has trouble holding your head up.
And those nights in Vegas end up taking their toll...

Back