Would you continue to donate things to chapters...

Just to be clear - we have Rule #3 to prevent town wiping by ANY player character, of whatever level

We have a level cap at Crossroads for a whole host of reasons that have absolutely nothing to do with PvP. :)

Morganne said:
Just to be clear - we have Rule #3 to prevent town wiping by ANY player character, of whatever level

We have a level cap at Crossroads for a whole host of reasons that have absolutely nothing to do with PvP. :)

The hold rule? Could such a hold be called by a player for such a reason - aka "we started a fight that we can't win so hold up a sec..." ? At the time things got started, there wasn't a plot person around and the round trip time from notification to plot to their return to the field was roughly 5 minutes (assuming someone ran to them the moment the oof hit the fan) - more than enough time to send a large section of town to the circle.

As for the level caps, again I can only speak of my experience but the games started out here tended to remove the level cap within a year as many of the 'old' Alliance players aren't willing to start a new character after spending so much money and time on their PC's and soon the need for funds outweigh the need for balance.

Huh, did I just shoot my own viewpoint against gobbie restrictions in the foot? ;)

Crossroads Rule #3 states - "Don't be a ****" if that helps clarify what she meant..

Ah, I can understand that rule. Have that in almost all games I play and/or have run. However, as I had mentioned before (and I believe this is my #3 and I'm done rule) said player did not walk into town and begin killing people. Big PC's had argument with little PC's and a single little PC did something which brought out the response of the Big PC to knock him down. Big PC was then attacked by little PC's friends whom he also knocked down. He allowed little PC's to be healed, whom immediately began to attack him again and so he had to knock them down again. Each time, more of the town began to get involved.

In a game that states rather clearly that "Dark elves do not fear death.", "Dark elves are absolutely certain that their race is superior to all others" and "The primary requirement for the dark elfis a dedication to honor" when a PC informs said Dark Elf that himself, his family and his entire race only exists because some drunk wild elf decided to hump a horse dung elemental, I would expect said Dark Elf PC to react as he did and strike that PC down.

So, IMO, it was more of a case of the little PC thinking he was 'invunerable' to another PC.

gobbys let me play the way i want to in game.

I know that's sounds odd but it keeps my real life greedy tendancys in check, so i can play the giving thinks of them self last PC I love, my healer.

my healer spends a lot of her coin in game on potions and supply she freely gives a way, or stock piles up for war time needs, and i use my gobbys to gather supplys for myself like magic items, if there where no gobbys then much of the coin i use to better the town would be used for much more selfish acts and inherently change how my PC behaves and is seen by the community in game.

in real life i'm quite low income, but i use creativity and ingenuity to gather supply and then make what ever my chapter needs to make it better.

gobbys wile math madiccaly broken down cover costs and time, whant thay real are, are a reword for some ones efert to better the game thay love
the end goal of some one donation something should always be to better the chapter, but getting gobbys is a way of justifying the action and its required parts.

i will admit this if i did not get gobbys i would still make stuff for the game i just think it would be a bout 20% what i do now so defiantly not as much as with the gobby rewords.

Back