Your Chapter's IG Economy

Draven

Count
This is to split off a different post.

Do you realise that the other people receive less money because of that. Also if the same people keep buying others out eventually they will have no money and the others that have been bought out will then be the ones with the coin.

Currently, money primarily focuses around rituals, so lower-level folks opt to do this in order to ensure they have a shot at stuff that would otherwise go to higher-level characters.

It might be more prevalent here because we happen to have a pretty large plethora of lower-level characters (15 and under) and a smaller base of higher level characters of 30+, with much deeper pockets. By keeping auctions in-mod (excluding town mods, like Muir pointed out), folks might make less money, but they at least get a chance at some toys.

I wonder if some people get excluded from a mod because they have deep pockets and the others know they will just be priced out?

Similar question, wondering if players are excluded because the others know they are just trying to get on the mod so that their team can get a hand in every split?

The experience I've seen is that generally what we get is groups buying up things for their stock, or buying things they know they can sell in other chapters they play with larger economies, and thus more coin.

I wonder if some people get excluded from a mod because they have deep pockets and the others know they will just be priced out?

Similar question, wondering if players are excluded because the others know they are just trying to get on the mod so that their team can get a hand in every split?

To your first question, nah. At least in Seattle and, to my knowledge, Oregon, we're really community-minded, as players and as culture. The group I roll with are most of the core highbies, and we go modding together. There's a few outliers who roll with lower-level groups, but to my knowledge, they're not excluded.

We also don't have a team culture here. That's not to say there aren't groups of people that roll together, but we usually don't think in "team" mindsets. We're really community-organized, and I know that's a lot different than other cultures.

Yeah, that just doesn't happen terribly often out here. If people do get priced out, it's at least usually on the high end of what our markets think is fair.

Large/town loot splits don't get split by teams typically; they get split by individual. I can count on one hand the number of times I've been splitting loot and tossed an item or scroll at a group because I knew they needed it and it just made splitting the loot easier.

I mean, we know where almost all the Destroy Magic formals and catalysts are in game because no one group of people holds onto them for themselves typically. They're usually just being held in trust for the community.

We also don't have a team culture here. That's not to say there aren't groups of people that roll together, but we usually don't think in "team" mindsets. We're really community-organized, and I know that's a lot different than other cultures.

I haven't played in Seattle yet, I just play in Oregon, but my character roles with groups of all kinds. She kind of just goes with the flow. With the folks in Oregon, there are groups or "houses" that Mod together and pool their resources for the long term, but they will actively invite other people to join them on mods if people are around. And that's a pretty common thing. You'll hearing "Who wants to go cause trouble?" quite frequently, and if you're around, you go. Then those folks will generally split the loot from that mod among themselves. I'd also like to point out that the houses that pool their resources, will use it to protect the town and those in it, rather than horde it for themselves.

For the large night/town battles, my character, along with a few others collect the dropped loot over the course of the two nights, and we split it evenly among the people that participated in the battle. You fought one night, you get one share, both nights, you get two. And then Sunday morning we auction off any non-/magic items that drop and add that money into the split as well. That way all players low, high, solo, and "housed" get an equal share for their participation.

Our chapter deals with it pretty well, there are some folks that don't particularly like the town loot, but overall it's well received by all. And the newer players get quicker access to loot that way, and are more quickly able to purchase magic items. We also have a few players that buy some of the magic items to loan out to new players to use in battle to help them feel more effective during combat. We really try to be a great community to all our players, of all levels, much like Draven was saying!

Back