0.10 - Weakness: To Nerf, or Not to Nerf?

Reduce Weakness' Damage Reduction?

• Yes

Votes: 9 37.5%
  • No

Votes: 10 41.7%
  • Indifferent

Votes: 4 16.7%
  • I like turtles

Votes: 12 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Saephis

Squire
With the ratcheting up of costs for Weapon Proficiencies, elimination of Damage Auras and Reavers/Slayers, currently a 3rd level spell can invalidate a large swath of build and invalidate classes wholesale. If this were a static number decrease, a certain percentage off (half? quarter?), the question isn't the "how much" but "Should it".

Edit: This is assuming that the steadfast "Make it prohibitive to swing more than wand damage" stance continues.

Last edited:
It does make sense that if overall damage is supposed to be reduced by this rules set, that things that reduce max damage also get reduced, and I like Turtles because they come with coffee and bacon and Earth magic.

I voted "Yes", but I think the nerf should be "Applies to Wand Damage as well".

Also, I need to reiterate: Trash Panda.

I totally agree weakness should apply to wand damage.

-

Last edited:
I don't. Wand Damage has nothing to do with your physical strength, which is what Weakness is - by design, by name, and by flavor - intended to reduce.
Why do you think Weakness is/should only apply to the physical attribute? I would argue that, as it is magical in nature, could be argued IG as also affecting the Will of the individual. Hence, why I think it should apply to Wand Damage.

I think if something like that is added to the game (reducing damage Casters can do), it should absolutely be given to Melee classes I also think that version should be percent-based reduction since Caster damage tends to be all over the place (say, 50% damage reduction across all sources of Magic Damage).

Personally, I think Fighters should get a Weakness strike. The same as Weakness (including applying to Wands).

I don't. Wand Damage has nothing to do with your physical strength, which is what Weakness is - by design, by name, and by flavor - intended to reduce.

I think if something like that is added to the game (reducing damage Casters can do), it should absolutely be given to Melee classes I also think that version should be percent-based reduction since Caster damage tends to be all over the place (say, 50% damage reduction across all sources of Magic Damage).

Could be a Rogue skill (like Assassinate), a Fighter Skill (like Slay), or available to both (like Stun Limb) from a Pre-req standpoint.

Rogues already get it. It’s Alchemy.

-

Last edited:
What about a silence strike or something so fighters and/or rogues can better defend against mages?

I’m indifferent.

I would agree that it needs a nerf if 0.10 happens as is.

But I also don’t think there’ll be many fighters to Weakness, anyways.

I also forgot about Silence Globes. So throat punch for fighters would be nifty.

That way casters have a way of disabling fighters, and vice versa.

-

Last edited:
Is PVP common in some chapters?

I just had two mage duels on Saturday night!

Fighters can get Alchemy as well (for about the cost of a Prof).

With what will likely be huge amounts of Formal levels floating around in 2.0, I wouldn't be shocked if there are a few high-magic purify's that you can use while silenced, giving Casters a built-in "out" and Melee is just screwed....again.

But it does drain some of the casters resources. So, a net win.

Also, man...I wish you could throw trap globes without 3 ranks.

A suggestion was made during the 0.9 playtests to add something like that called "Throat Punch".

As well as adding 'throat' as a valid target for stun limb, to the same end.

Back