Selunari Resist Curse. And maybe not "more than currently", but certainly more than if Gift were its own effect group.Ok ... other than Casters with their Cloaks, no other PC will have access to Curse-specific defenses in 2.0 (since all those old Cloaks/Banes Curse/Gift will be going away). And Mettle cannot be used against Death. So I am still not following the thought process that Death will be resisted more.
It also requires a (presumably unique) relic to use each one. An NPC, for example, won't necessarily have a bangle of all four relics in all cases -- I'd honestly be surprised if this were the case in the majority of cases.The Life from Life Relic can counter a Death, but it is 1 of 2 in the game that could counter Death (the other being Spell Life). Death and Corrupt are the only two effects in the game that can only be solved by a single effect (Life) AND if not solved will lead to resurrection. All other abilities and effects in the game can be resolved with multiple other effects and abilities, and do not guarantee resurrection if unresolved.
Maybe, but if so, would maintain balance -> Create Undead (in Corrupt) vs Destroy Undead (even if they don't work that way), Life vs Death.Assuming Body falls in the 2.0 Monster Database, I am not sure Destroy Undead would need much, if any, buffing. But I have little experience with that spell ...
My thought process with the Relic idea was to give them a theme. I was toying with the idea of having Order be Binding ("stay put!") + Paralysis themed or Command themed, for instance.A fair amount of my interest in Death is that there's no actual debilitating effect in the set of relic abilities. Even lower level earth columns have things like pin or web.
Maybe replace Destruction with Paralysis, if Death is "too scary". Being absolutely chained to "That thing's got a pulse? Well I guess you gotta go all chaos-y" isn't really fair.
Sort of, except that drop for healing/necromancy means you memorize as normal... so if you want to be able to throw that healing, you have to memorize it. BUT, you aren't pigeon-holed into *having* to memorize it since you can drop that destruction for a 35pt cure if you need to.Wasn't it called cast on the fly? I miss that. Would be great and the person that got that cluch awaken and won the battle wouldn't be saying, "that could have been healing"
Tweaking this a bit to be a bit simpler because KISS ideas are part of the reason for the redesign as I see it.Thanks for the information.
So, between the Owners and the Public, it seems like the targets for Relics are:
Given those parameters, here is my (notional and probably over-complicated) suggestion:
- Requirement: No duplication of Wands with damage or healing
- Requirement: Something new and novel
- Requirement: Be in-line with Earth Magic Paradigm
- Requirement: Be useful in combat
- Option: Useful against Undead
- Create a new item, Relics, that provide 1 charge per 3xp invested in Earth Magic Skills
- Relics come in 4 Types: Order, Chaos, Life, Death
- Charges may be used for:
- Order Relic:
- 1 Charge - Elemental Chaos Guard via Touchcast by 10-count
- 3 Charges - Elemental Turn Undead
- 3 Charges - Elemental Sanctuary via Touchcast by 10-count
- 5 Charges - Elemental Cure Disease
- 10 Charges - Elemental Destroy Undead
- Chaos Relic:
- 1 Charge - Elemental Healing Guard via Touchcast by 10-count
- 3 Charges - Elemental Control Undead
- 3 Charges - Elemental Desecrate via Touchcast by 10-count
- 5 Charges - Elemental Disease
- 10 Charges - Elemental Corrupt
- Life Relic:
- 1 Charge - 1 Elemental Healing via Touchcast by 10-count (i.e. 10 second First Aid, terrible for healing that 100 Body Fighter)
- 3 Charges - Elemental Antidote
- 3 Charges - Elemental Cleanse via Touchcast by 10-count
- 5 Charges - Elemental Restore
- 10 Charges - Elemental Life
- Death Relic:
- 1 Charge - Elemental Endow via Touchcast by 10-count
- 3 Charges - Elemental Weakness
- 3 Charges - Elemental Shatter via Touchcast by 10-count
- 5 Charges - Elemental Silence
- 10 Charges - Elemental Destruction