A distressing observation

Your position of future mercy is admirable Jonathan. All it would require is a bit of immediate medical attention(first aid) and some restraints. I will do all I can given future circumstances to see that the people of harbors far adhere to this respectable cause. Thank you for your bravery in stepping out on the issue.

-Lok of Harbors Far

Thank you sir! I can find rope, but do you know anyone who can teach me how to tend to fallen bodies?

Felixmac09 said:
Instead of wishing, why not work with me to make it nice? We have some power, do we not?

It comes back t'wot I said in the beginnin'. I don' think we can make it better. Tryin' and puttin' yourself out there only leaves you open t'be attacked yourself. I don' want t'draw that kind of attention t'm'self.

If I ever fight with you again I'll do m'best to first aid those 'ho need it but I can't promise no one will die. Death is a par' of livin'. That's just nature.

Oh, and I can probably teach you t'take care of the bodies if y'want. Talk to me when y'see me again... without the rock this time.

I can teach ya all 'bout it. Fine meh next time ya in Hope Reach.

-Hengin

Here's a question for you all.

Do you know why people become bandits?

Tets

Thank you all. I feel much better now.

many reasons. usually not a thirst for human blood, but sometimes a dude's gotta drink

-James the Inconceivable of Harbors Far

Regardless of why people become bandits I intend to try my hand at mercy. The law can take them from there. A bit of legal recourse may even help restore more order to the area of hopes reach. If it fails so be it, but as I mentioned before jonathans cause is admirable and worth a shot in my opinion.

-Lok of Harbors Far

Togashin said:
Here's a question for you all.

Do you know why people become bandits?

Tets

Bad governance, failed crops, a desire for unearned wealth. Many of the same reasons people become adventurers, but they confine their predations to the 'undesirables' such as bandits, gnolls, orcs, and the like.

Speaking of mercy, what are the local laws on slavery? After all, the best way I can think of to reform someone unwilling to work for his weal would be to spend a few years working for the benefit of others...

-Shin

Wanderlust is a good reason too.

though you learn how to defend yourself really quick when you take your life savings on the road with you. seems like everyone wants a chunk of what's not theirs.

I am gladdened to hear of so remorseful of an adventurer, Jonathan. It is a true soldier that mourns for the people they have killed and regrets the need to do so. I have always told my men and women to capture and question, not to kill and loot. I would be able to teach you of the medical stabilizing needed to prevent a person of bleeding out from their wounds. There are of course exceptions made, as in the case of the corrupt. I would never recommend capture and keeping of those monsters. They are no longer anything save a husk of what they once were.

It is unfortunate that so many are turning to banditry and other unlawful means to support themselves now-a-days. The decrease of farming lands caused by the corrupt onslaught causes refugees to move inland; often many of whom had never traveled beyond their local tavern. They often do not have the know-how to farm in differing climates and suffer poor crop seasons from the difference. Some are able to pick themselves up and begin again, but when one is starving and the children too weak to sit up, a person will do anything. One must keep in mind that the brigand assaulting may have a family of his own. He is not right in his choice, but death is not generally the best answer. I have taken some would-be-bandits into the Grey Blades after seeing they saw no other choice but to steal to eat. They have made excellent and loyal soldiers, and their families are now prospering.

I will be in the area of Hope's Reach for the next few months leading a portion the Grey Blades to aid in the search of the Crowned Prince. I believe the Hope's Reach will be open to non-military within the next two months. Mayhaps we will meet. I attended the Respite Tournament last autumn and was impressed with the prowess of some. I see potential in the adventurers of Gaden and Roskaria, but much of it has yet to come out.

@~}~~
Lady Sibhoan Grey
Leader of the Grey Blades
Civil Servant of King Nerak
Former Head Guardswoman of the Western Outposts
Former Lady-in-Waiting to Duchess Solemne Turina of Kethunaira.

Me apologize for being late to big talk of what happened. So here what happened:

Me and new friends went into woods to look for... things. No things came, so we sat and talked. Then from woods, three men came and said they were merchants. Me asked what they have to trade, and one said back "do you have any coin?" and before me could say back to his say back, weapons were stabbing and slashing. By time me was on me feet, two of us were on ground bleeding out. Me did what me must do to survive, and me began shooting me bolts. By end, it only me against one of them who use magic and one nice lady who first aid one of us on the ground. We could not help the others while still being attacked. The bandit tried healing his friends, but not us- Me even took one healing spells out of air to help me survive. HAHA! So me need to kill him to save us all. After he killed, we had time to search other friends for potions, and got them back alive.

And it me who give killing blow to two of bandits (other one bleed out). Only little bit before, me and other different friends fought against dead bodies that were alive again, and me wanted these bandits to stay dead, and not risk any bad magic letting them get back up.

And for "stealing," it not stealing. It for cost of bolts me had to use killing them.

Me notice in this big talk that many look for reason why people act bad. No reason to look for reason. Some people are bad. Some people think it good way of life to kill others without reason and take things from dead bodies. But we look to animals to see how that end: when pack of wolf attack moose, sometime moose kill wolf to stay alive. If you want to be wolf, you risk life when attacking moose. It not moose's fault.

Big message: If use deadly force against something, it use deadly force back and it your own fault.

-Cho Ko Nu

Last edited:
Back