Ahlana

Shar,

I thank you for the offer. However as Link said we are attempting to unite the town in shared information in our upcoming struggles. Can you please share all you might have here in public forum?

I will seek you out at the gathering as well of course. Thank you for your time and effort on this matter.

Zane
Order of the Emerald Flame

I will happily share what I know in open discussion. I would prefer to speak in person, as there is a significant quantity of information to dispense, and I find this format to suffer from misunderstandings too often for my preference.

We do have over a week to clear anything up. Should there be some misconceptions we'll look to you at the gathering to help with the confusion. Anything you can provide may serve to provide a powerful boon to our efforts here.

I understand that it might be a great deal of information, but that is almost the exact reason we need time to read over it here. If you wouldn't mind, please detail us.

Zane

Link,
I never really thought about it like that, but it makes sense to me. That’s pretty cool!

Zane,
That was my thought. I knew that if you were talking about an Aspect of something that it had an immense amount of power, somewhere at least around the Prince range, but I did not know that their power depended on how many other "aspects" there are. Thank you for that information.

Robert,
Alright, I will seek you out at this next gather.

Eve,
Do the champions need to take a part in this whole thing in some special way when dealing with freeing them, or is it just the title you earned when you obtained the dagger? Speaking of, what exactly does the dagger of the Muse do?

Safe Travels,
Banradi Irani Moduri
Master of the Waymaker Stones
Apprentice to Mathis - Order of the Emerald Flame

There is an elder that represents Chaos, Cerberus. He is already released. Bishop was his champion, but then during the time skip, the Barbarian Warlord became the champion and somehow got the dagger. I know Bishop gave up part of his spirit for Cerberus.

I don't remember if there is an elder of order? I should have taken better notes and for that I am sorry, as I had little interested in becoming a pet for some greater creature. I believe each Elder represented two aspects and I believe order fell into Griffon's aspect. I do not believe the dagger and releasing the elders are connect, but an elder might look more favorably if their champion is the one to give a piece of their spirit. I also know that when the Elders are first release, they are very weak.

As to order elemental or knights, you should seek audience with King Clous. I believe he is an order knight or whatever that entails.

The daggers are not connected to the ritual.
They are not connected to freeing the elders or the magic.
The people holding the daggers are champions.
The elders are weak when released.
Generally champions wish to ensure their Elder, in its weakened state, is protected.
The giving of a piece of your spirit is not required, however it will help to stengthen your elder.

~Ahlana

It seems like every time I wander this far north there is always someone or something making a ****-sandwich of things in this area. If I get the gist of what people told me in Dragonreach last weekend and the messages in this chain the following is true (please correct me if I am wrong):
  1. There is a problem with the function of magic in the lands
  2. This problem is directly related to the World Dragon's actions that reshaped what was once Valdanis.
  3. There are 12 wands that contain the Elder Aspects
  4. The hovel/town/kingdom living in the shadow of the barbarian warlords has 11 of these wands
  5. The only wand still loose in the world is in the hands of a Lightening Prince
  6. Wait, Nyio's a squire? Man, you really should have said something about that while we were in Dragonreach.
  7. With all 12 wands and a (relatively) simple ritual it is possible to correct the problems with magic in the lands
  8. This ritual has been attempted and cocked-up completely at least once already
  9. Correcting the issues with magic will have unspecified consequences both with respect to the Elders and the people of the lands.
  10. Most of the people of the lands are on board with doing this ritual
  11. There are a collection of other issues related to these Elders that are not directly related to repairing the function of magic in the lands.
  12. Without correcting this situation people will no longer be life-able and the rest of healing magic won't function.
I'll be in town in a week with Zane, Link, maybe a couple other people I used to pal around with, and a few people from Dragonreach.
I was going to just go on a vacation from my problems but if I can be of assistance in this matter please let me know.

Travel safely,
Mathis
Order of the Emerald Flame.

Mathis,

While I long for the Dragonreach of old, and would do anything to get back to the Xanathan woods I remember, that's no how fate would have it.
As such, I've spent a long time wandering and ended up here.

It's here I've made my home. This isn't a vacation for me, this is my calling now.

These people need your help. So, unfortunately I hope you're ready for a lot more work then a typical vacation would entail.

Link

The daggers are not connected to the ritual.
They are not connected to freeing the elders or the magic.
The people holding the daggers are champions.

Thank you for this piece. At one point I was under the assumption that the wands need to be powered up to be used. I think I understand the relationship between the wands and daggers now.

Link

I believe the wands had to be powered up and were. I do not know if they need to be repowered or not. To power up a wand, they seem to absorb certain spells. They were all charged when the first ritual was attempted.

I hope you're ready for a lot more work then a typical vacation would entail.

Link, I obviously haven't told you about my "vacations" in Valdanis. Two of them resulted in dead dragons, one was to a place called the Blood Isles, and the last time I was up that way I faced down the previous Champion of the Basilisk Elder (and stole his power) and bargained with the Queen of Ice and Darkness. A vacation to this area is never terribly relaxing, but if I'm invited to be of assistance I'll bring a little hope up from Dragonreach to lend a hand.

Travel Safely,
Mathis

I believe the wands had to be powered up and were. I do not know if they need to be repowered or not. To power up a wand, they seem to absorb certain spells. They were all charged when the first ritual was attempted.

You are correct. As the empowering has been completed, I did not think to mention it.

~Ahlana

For what It's worth I am the champion of the Griffon, and hold his dagger.

When the champions first received a dagger they were given a task, mine was to great great weapons like those that become artifacts and legends.

Most elders are neutral, representing both good and evil, order and chaos, peanut butter and jelly, or whatever you want to call it (like the phoenix, griffon, and others), or simply neutral (like shadow, or leviathan).

Only Cerberus is evil, he became an elder again after adventurers de-eldered the basilisk. Cerberus was an elder before but the other elders cast him out when he wanted to directly interfere and dominate Arden.

Kit I don't know what war you speak of unless it's when Cerberus was cast out (they did drop a meteor on him creating the rage lands)

Shar is correct that there is a lot to talk about and this form of communication is ill suited for such discussion. We (mostly Shar) have studied the elders a lot and will try to answer any questions you might have.

Link,
My apologies for sounding secretive. Any information I have about the wands, the ritual, and the elders are at your disposal. The information I have for Banradi involves a sensitive piece of my past, and is being disclosed for his particular quest for knowledge. What he chooses to do with that information is his decision. Though I mean no offense or ill will by not making it public...

Correction... I traded the quicklings life as part of my spirit for the Djinn wand. And he merely loaned it too us. Also, I don't plan on being in the circle this time... I was fine to be in the circle at the start of the ritual last time to be fair, what happened after the ritual started was completely unexpected for all of us. I am still not entirely sure of the trigger. I am also not feeling myself still as Ahlana thinks I have an "Earth Sickness" so my memory is not as useful as it once was in the celestial aspect. If you require my help i am will but I won't be asking to be heavily involved in the ritual itself.

Elle

Benradi,

It is a title that was earned when received; however, some of the Elders are still weakened by what has happened. I would appreciate being here to welcome them back to the lands they are from. As for what my dagger does, I can build a circle and a wall as well as it being attached to my spirit.

May your travels be smooth,

Eve Rosenfeld
Sister of the Brotherhood of LifeStorm
Apprentice of the Greater Earth Guild of Terna
Apprenticed to Lord Barrister Enan Bluewater
Healer of the Broken Lands

What quests have been undertaken by the champions thus far? This may be a moot point but I am just curious to know more about these elders, their role, and their purpose/agenda in the world. I can't see it being something as simple as they are here to fix the magic. Are they some kind of living balance system?

Zane

Stop thinking, Bear. You know our kind shouldn't be doing those things.

Durk

I was the champion of Cerberus, and wielded his dagger. When we first learned of the daggers, three of them were weakened (Cerberus, Muse, and Dragon). The result of the weakening was from the ex-elder Basilisk. Many believe he was spiteful to the other elders and wanted to bring them down to his level. I have talked with the Basilik many many many years ago and his reasoning is him becoming mortal has given him reason to live, and wanted his brethren elders to feel the exhilaration of becoming mortal. I believe it was a bit of both. Meanwhile these "quests" given to the champion are not per say quests but more of an urge and you do not know it till you are the elders champion. So being a younger less experience adventurer I took the dagger seeking power. The urge that I received from being Cerberus champion was to kill all other champions. Many of these other champions were my friends but given the chance I would have tried to kill them. Time jumping to were we are now (hence why I spoke to the basilisk many many years ago) I still had the dagger for a short period of time before magic started snapping into place and the dagger magically vanished from my side and my burden had been lifted of its anger and rage. Only to end up in the hands of the barbarian warlord who claimed it had been in his family for generations ( I had no reason to doubt him).

The elders being locked away as they are does not give them a lot of freedom to do what they want, if not all freedom removed, but the champions still wielded their power. According to Cerberus last I talked (while this big ritual was being cast last time) with him the barbarian warlord had just been using his power and Cerberus did not like that, and he wanted me as his champion again. Gaining a little wisdom from previous mistakes I refused his offer but he still needed someone to give him a little power to be released. I offered Cerberus a deal I would give him some of my power in return he revokes the barbarian warlords from using his dagger.

The dagger is very powerful, by a single cut it would send the victim into a rage trying to kill anything in sight. I cannot tell you what aspect of magic cerberus wand represents. I honestly do not think it was chaos, I believe that is shadows. I believe but could be mistake that it is the curse group.

I hope this helps and although I have not met you Zane I wish you luck, and do not believe you will have to fight any chaos type elders, as both of them have been released and those would be Cerberus and Shadow.

-Bishop

Back