Allies in the Final Confrontation - Assulting the Locations

Likely to assist with Tobor or Kunari

-Asher

I'm assuming the current plan is to add people as needed to the smaller endeavors, then use anyone left against the Giant's Walk for extra strength? Because I feel the Giant's Walk group will probably need a bit more backing it.

~ Gandian

If we are sending more help to Kunari's resting place we should do it as soon as possible. We have limited time before the assault begins in earnest.

On the same note we should begin the other assaults quickly as well. We only have a week before it will be too late.

If no one has contacted them yet I could ask the refugees from the empire for any assistance they can provide. As much as I hate to ask them when theyve already lost their home, they'll lose another one if we lose.

Roy

Roy,

Ask the refugees.

Socora told me Minister Featers and Quin and others from Boemae will help us out. Where do we want them?

Also yes, we have only a day to start all other assaults. Lets begin.

Asher

Where should I tell the refugees to help?

Roy

If I recall, weren't most of the remaining Imperial refugees common miners from Province III? From what I saw of my time in the Pit, I doubt they would be of any real use against the Corrupt, and especially if they don't have any of their clay constructs.

Unrelatedly, I sent word to McGregor and the old Hope's Reach militia he was training to see if they can assist. I haven't heard back from him yet, but I can't imagine McGregor would say no to standing up to the Corrupt.

~ Gandian

After evaluating the Summon Force Node I allocated the Vrizzit from that node to The Giant's Walk. I think that would be a better choice. I've also had Naomi and her wolves go assist with the Merrows.

This leaves the help of Vrek Mistral and Quin Pele's aid. Where do we send them? Do we abandon The Summon Force Node altogether and put them elsewhere? I know for certain I would not want The Master's Badgerkin and anyone from Boemae on the same field together, that will cause disaster.

- Asher

I am gathering the Sett to attack the protection node as we speak. With the merrow as well, we will have more than enough forces to deal with that one.

I think Naomi and our wolves can be used elsewhere.

We also have the dwarves, gelkk, and a few others who may still be able to see aid. We could send whoever is still coming to the summoned force node.

-Benjamin Bookworm

Good point Gandian. If they're miners, perhaps at the very least they could help outfit one of the other factions? I'm sure they could think of some way to help. Perhaps pairing them with someone who is unlikely to have proper weapons woild be a good idea

Roy

Ben,

Sounds good.

-Asher

I have petitioned King Talon of Gaden, The Monolithic Council of Pratorak, and King Palon Roskaria for troop support.
I have asked Duke Idden and Barron Westguard to lead the charge in battles.
I have rallied the Verrizzit to the front.
I have asked for "Duke" the Gnoll and the Gnolls to join us.

Kendra's Fury is being fitted for elemental cannons in the capitol and is ready to sail.
The Gryphon Guard and Cavalry have been deployed.

Walk with Honor,
~Sir Victor von Gryphon
Knight of the Stayed Blade

Just my opinion, but I think that having the Verrizzit on the elemental node may be overkill as well. Either the curse or summoned force node could use help, if we could spare them.

-Benjamin Bookworm

The summon node would have been my first choice as they cannot be disarmed.

Walk with Honor,
~Victor

The issue with the Vrizzit at the Summons node is they have strong Carapaces that can be Shattered and Destroyed. Once that is done they lose their protections. I can put them back on the Summoned node hunt, but that could hurt us.

Asher

Why not put the Bomaean assistance and Naomi at the Summoned Force location?

~ Gandian

That would be a start, but we would need at least one more force to take care of the node. I don't know how big the force the Bomaens are sending, but our wolf pack is mostly for support and flanking.

We could also move the Vrizzit to a different node, and move some of those forces to the Summoned force node instead if we have no others to pull in.

-Benjamin Bookworm

His Grace, Duke Carnifax, has offered a force 3 dozen strong. I can ask them to join against the Summoned Force node, as that has the fewest groups assigned thus far.

How many Shatters can a Vrizzit's carapace withstand? Surely it can't be less than a normal soldier's armor, and their offensive capabilities would not be affected by Summoned Force? Still, the Duke's men backed up by the wolves and possibly the Vrizzit may be sufficient.

Squire Fiona

Ben/Baeleon,

Did Charyb and the Merrow back out, or were they left out of directions to the site of the first node?

Asher

The first node is too far inland for the Merrow to aid us. They are helping as best as they can with troop transport and moving the Kendra's fury. If there is a location closer to the river they may be able to lend their aid there. Charyb is more able to help on land. I will redirect the remainder of the Merrow to where you feel they can best aid us.

-Baeleon

Did the Bomaen forces start on a new point we didn't know about? Asher, it looks like you have the Bomaen forces assigned to the Summoned Force node, but that one is southwest of the gryphon hunter's grove. Vrek Mistral's group is moving on some point east of Bomae.

Baron Westguard is unable to come to our aid. The most I could find out is that he's attending to Duke Idden, who's attending to King Talon. I don't know what exactly that means but I think they're planning something outside of our own assaults.

Normally something like the Tobor assault would take a few dozen skilled adventurers, and it would usually result in at least a couple of us coming home through the circle. I don't doubt the abilities of any of the groups going on that particular assault, but a couple dozen High Ogres, however many Dryads Asher managed to round up, and a couple dozen constructs from the Celestial Guild are going to have a hard time getting through that without a seasoned battle leader calling the shots. Since there doesn't seem to be a single knight or baron who can lend themselves to this, can anyone think of someone else we could ask to lend their aid?

Briar

Back