April 415 Favorite Moments, Deadlines, Feedback, & IBGAs!

Game was a bit of a blur and I'm still processing much of it.

• Echo what Thorgrim said about the mini field fight against the bugs. I think we had around 12 people, but what a fun epic battle it was. I agree, some of the best teamwork I've ever seen. Pieces were just moving exactly where they needed to be.
  • RP with Sir Blasdel. I knew he was going around talking to all of the squires throughout the day. Kendrick was a bit nervous about the conversation so I was quietly hoping to avoid him. Once he approached me, the conversation really started to flow. Great RPing, really enjoyed the conversation.
  • Squires School with Dame Katherine on Sunday. First it was one of my favorite topics, but secondly, the group (especially having Baroness Elavir there) just made the conversation happen. Good points from everyone and I think it was super helpful.
  • The scene of negotiation with Squire Wolsey and the Fae Saturday night. So much fun, especially when the Fae got super interested in Squire Wolsey's personal life.
  • Being able to actually spend some time with Puck on Saturday when we were going to free the ice dam that was plugging up the river. Not only did I get to adventure with my friends, Belswin and Anders, I also got to see what a badass Puck is with a bow.
  • While waiting for ^ mod, getting to step in and help NPC for a bit to help out the queue of quests. Had a great time portraying some necromantic plant creatures.
  • Murdersticks and floating rocks, 'nuff said.
  • 'Fives', being part of our subgroup for the Fae Battle on top of the hill. Our group worked like clockwork mowing down fae like a scythe through wheat. It helped a "bit" that some of us had stake of woe protections.
  • Attack in the middle of the night by bug brain creatures. My hubris and want of adventure got the best of me. I'm sorry about giving them confine. =( Still, I got to fight in Dame Katherine's battle slippers. Still, the NPCs got to come in afterwards and have snackie time with us.
  • Thamaturge happy questing time. For what we thought was just going to be a short conversation with a astromoner on top of a hill, turned into being a cave exploration mission where Anders, Aneira and I got to destroy a cave of bugs and golems.
  • Scene with Aneira and Kendrick about the drawings we received from the ^ quest. She wanted them back because they had to do with her order mark. I wanted them as possibly a bargaining chip with the fae. It got a bit heated, but I enjoyed the RP.
I'm sure there are many more, but those are the easy ones that spring to mind.

For my first time NPCing, and playing at all, this entire event was awesome!

My favorite moments were probably
  • being waylay'd as kobolds ourselves
  • Being (for a very short time) the squire of sir byron aldridge
  • Getting yelled at for being the squire of sir byron aldridge
  • the fae realm fight atmosphere!
  • Helping the sarr page pull a prank :)
  • Humans vs humanity coming in out of nowhere!
  • learning how good at fighting felstar really is
I hope to have just as much fun (if not more) at next event!

So many bawdy jokes, so much drunken foolishness and general tomfoolery, but we were also able to get serious and get **** done when needed. I drank so much dwarven ale (root beer and cream soda) that it's a wonder I didn't develop diabetes. Fist to the face with Ulric, doing my damnedest to get Manco to laugh out loud while he was silenced, drunkenly agreeing to 20 Fae favors so long as they were sexual favors, pissing off and making up with Zain, benadryl loopiness, tormenting Wolsey for his long-windedness, the list goes on and on. Had some great moments with new friends, and can't wait to do it again.

Kate has got to make it a point to start hanging out with Thorgrim. I see some hungover awesomeness crawling over the horizon here. :)

Trace

It always takes me a few days to process the events of a weekend, but I really love reading these :) Coming back to New Acarthia is like going back to college - you see your old friends you've missed, you move back into the dorms, and you prepare to get into trouble. (Fortunately the food is WAY better in New Acarthia that it was for me @ UNR.)

This event prompted a lot of reflection for my PC, and I look forward to playing through that.

Some favorite things that stick out -
  • Actually being able to use the giant hand-painted map of Acarthia in my cabin! (Thanks guys for listening to me yammer!)
  • Several good scenes with Baron Nordheim (especially the discussion of why Elavir stayed behind)
  • I cannot express how much I enjoyed the good cop/bad cop dance with Ray and the Lord Byron of Epyxia NPC. (You took being yelled at by Ray with grace Tim). Loved all those exchanges. Also props to his page who was stellar with the eye rolls.
  • Ciphers. These are a huge source of entertainment for my team. I've managed to crack several, Jake has cracked a couple as well and we're staring down the barrel of another one that's proving to be a significant challenge. Thank you for these! They are a huge challenge, but always fun. :)
  • RP with the Duchess is always a delight
  • Dia as Constance the Seneschal. (particularly the snark towards the end)
  • The food! As always Jack outdoes himself.
  • My interaction with the new elves! (Silver's Elf whose name leaves me, and our new young elf)
  • The Squire School sticks out for me as very significant for my PC. Much of the RP (even though I merely listened most of the time) will have a significant impact on some of my RP going forward. I look forward to teaching the next class! Dame Katherine did an awesome job of making the class very relevant and actionable. :)
  • Reconnecting with Baron Rivervale in character and talking through many things. ("Wait was there more sekrit sekrit? Or did we get it all?")
  • Little Bear's *** corset commentary
  • Dinner with Baron Menko while he was silenced was a lot of fun.
  • The whole exchange with the Gypsey curse was a big deal for Elavir. The RP was unexpected and challenging - and a good example of a clash of cultures between one strong willed woman who believes in tradition and structure and another strong willed woman who believes in absolute freedom. (Invictus vs Carthian anyone?) The best part was being able to sit down afterwards in the interest of mutual respect, and get to use it as an example for the young aspiring squire.
  • Baron Menko being silenced was excellent RP on Casey's part!
  • Resurrecting Puck (this time with less booze, sex, and key lime pie as the focus)
  • Seeing the MASSIVE number of people I didn't recognize on Friday night running around in the dark.
  • Lucian's candle and transformation.
  • Forgetting that I had a life item as I screamed for on Sunday afternoon, only to remember that Tinder had returned mine to me and immediately bringing Squire Brom back to life.
  • Grigga! I do so love this NPC! It was a delightful surprise to get to see our little friend from the Mod day appear. I was delighted to get to tote her around New Acarthia and show her our little town.
  • Having the unusual opportunity to actually RP with my IRL younger brother (Thanks Keith!)
  • Seeing Lamplight increase in size!
  • RPing with Tiatar, who are always a delight. I love my team so darn much!
  • Seeing the whole community play with and support the next generation of LARPers. This warmed my heart.
  • Actually getting to RP with David as Finbarr and Blasdel. Such a rare treat!
  • Jesse's dastardly Fae. Trixy Fae.
  • Ray's brilliant suggestion of poetry every year for the Fae, and the comment that he wouldn't mind having a visitor and the ensuing commentary.
  • The game as a whole was really good. The RP was great, the monsters seemed challenging, and I think plot did a nice job of pacing this game.
  • Finally getting an investiture scroll! Guildswoman here I come!
I know I'm missing parts here. My apologies, there was a lot this weekend!

The ambiance of that fae battle was absolutely beautiful. Physically, I was less than happy by the time we got to it, so I did not enjoy it quite as much as others, I don't think... but the set dressing was absolutely gorgeous.

I would love to see something at dusk up there, with light lighting.

Also, Abtus, I really enjoyed the light roleplay that was happening in the Tiatar cabin before the trek up the hill as well. *smiles*

B'Egil smash! (After Brom bowed to him one too many times on Saturday night)

I had a good time this last weekend as well! Also still processing as I was foolish and entered the game alread in sleep debt. As well as seeing how,much work I may have volunteered myself for being the Loremasters senior representative :)
That neing said, I enjoyed being Amberion greatly. Looking forward to interacting with everyone in the future as that role.
I also got to bring in Brando Tiberion briefly this event. Also fun even if I only played him for a brief time

The fay realm fight. OMG! That was visualy stunning. And fun to play in ^_^
Humans for Humanity vs the Wylderkyn, and RPing trying to get Lucian to lose it. Even at the cost of that NPCs throat. Very imersive!
RP with Rork and Veera (sp?) friday evening. Also imersive and a lot of fun because of how it was played out :)
And the fights! Didnt get as many as I normally do but those were good. Especially as a plant monster in the sat afternoon fight. Seeing the panicked looks on others nearby as I started calling "I engulf you 1!" and rarly getting to 2 before getting interupted.
Once again a blast of an event!

Well for me.. playing Red Caps are always fun, but the dialog between myself and the Vigilant on that mod and then the poison tree. Both good little sessions and watching them react. Still managed to get sunburned while being in the house.

There were a LOT of great moments this weekend but the most humorous moment this weekend was from Mixl (played by Jesse). After asking Ri to drink a random potion from Banks's box and discovering it was a Euophoria Antidote, Mixl looked at the potion key and said,

"Whaaat... these are all GOOD things... that's no fun."

It really sent everyone into the table into a fit of laughter and REALLY exemplified what the NPC was about.
Point of order it was Kendrick, but that was a really funny moment.

Talk about Loving the Country to which thou hast sworn fealty towards....I would have done almost anything that night to get the number down from 40 fey favors....

Anything you say?

Talk about Loving the Country to which thou hast sworn fealty towards....I would have done almost anything that night to get the number down from 40 fey favors....

And you earned one of Ian's Achievements for it!

T$

Yeah, I think that was most of us operating near/around that table. I was hoping that the chai on night 2 would work given that the drink is made with milk and honey (or mine is, at least), and was gratified to hear the numbers come down based on that as well.

I was wracking my brain for something else I could offer when Eldred came out with the poetry option. (I think I laughed more when he suggested that he might make Mixl a godfather for one of his children - the look on Jules' face was priceless).

It was brilliant... especially after someone (Paxton?) asked what favors have a I enjoyed giving in the past or something...
I entered the tavern completely open minded... that convo could've gone SO MANY WAYS.... I was really playing the RP by ear and that was the most fun for me. I also enjoyed the, "Seaside wedding eh? ANd then getting mad when it seemed the squire put business before love. John, did I at all unnerve you when I swung the convo back to the child? "I'm going to leave a changeling!" hehe
Mixl was a ton of fun for me to play.

-Friday night town fight- who the hell are all these people on our site? Oh, they're all us. ALL OF US!!!

-Fae fight... so much win. I helped Jen move some debris, tie up some bushes, put up a blind, and gave her 100 lights, but even I had no idea what to expect, visually, when we got up there. Kudo to Jen and Zach for taking 2 hours after dinner to set it up and then wait for us to show.

Morningtide's tavern speech

Couldn't identify the voice, but the speech given right before going to dark fae realm.

Singing and playing an instrument in the dark fae realm.

Having someone tap me behind the tree a I was marshalling Jen's Celestial fury on the PCs... and then, "OH! HOLD!!" as the sneaky PC staked the tree with nary a witness.

ALL the RP as High Guildmaster Craymon DuAubec

ALL the RP as Captain Blackwhiskers and the ensuing mod.

Stealing abilities... you are in for a rough event next month! LOL

Tavern Food

Hairspray query

Barbar fight and the ensuing fading away... wish I could've stayed to hear the RP afterwards. Lucky I didn't see your wards!! VARGS!!! lol

So many more as I try to get out of work. I'm alreay here 30 minutes longer than I need to be because of your posts!

Highlight of the event... reading all of your commentaries here! It's going to be a great year for Alliance Denver!!!
Luv you guys!

I think you hit jackpot on Denver's biggest not so well kept secret Jesse: Come out and roleplay with us, no combat needed. We get into it.

Also: I *think* it was Osborne that made a speech before the Fae fight? Dunno kinda fuzzy cause I was trying to nap before it started and I only woke up fully when we started going past the caution tape.

Last edited:
Back