April event pre-registration: PRE-REG IS CLOSED

Re: April event pre-registration: DEADLINE SUNDAY

IvanDrake said:
So, is there a expectation of when HQ Management and Plot would like the game to start (Opening Ceremony or not)? I always find myself wandering around asking people if they're in-game yet. I would love to see a rough "start time" that everyone can shoot for. I know not everyone will be able to make it and also that the time itself may shift based upon Logistics or whatever, but if we have a goal, then we can set an expectation.

My 2 cents......

--- Eric Stehle / Ivan Drake
my two cents is that in most every larp I have been to the start time is between 9 and 10 pm.

The first scheduled encounter is at 9:00PM Friday. I will make every effort to make sure it goes out promptly. Thus, I would prefer PCs to start entering game fully about 10-15 minutes before that.

The Friday night big event that sets up the entire weekend is scheduled for 10PM. Every PC that is capable (real life schedules permitting) should try to be in game by then.

I can promise NPCs will be active from 9PM on and if you miss the 10PM spectacle, well then you will be out of the loop until you find some PCs to tell you the story.

Is that concrete enough?

-MS

We are really close to 100 people on site... This is gonna be SO SWEET! :D

If all emails hold true and folks register we have about 110 people on site and a suprisingly median apl.

FOLKS IF YOU HAVE NOT PLEASE DONATE FOR FOOD COMITTEE.

this should be a blast.

mikestrauss said:
The first scheduled encounter is at 9:00PM Friday. I will make every effort to make sure it goes out promptly. Thus, I would prefer PCs to start entering game fully about 10-15 minutes before that.

The Friday night big event that sets up the entire weekend is scheduled for 10PM. Every PC that is capable (real life schedules permitting) should try to be in game by then.

I can promise NPCs will be active from 9PM on and if you miss the 10PM spectacle, well then you will be out of the loop until you find some PCs to tell you the story.

Is that concrete enough?

-MS

Perfect. I will be ready!

--- Eric Stehle / Ivan Drake

Holy moly, not only is the size of this event making me smile, the PC/NPC ratio is amazing! Thank you NPCs!!!

In deferring to the amazing level of prep that Mike Strauss is bringing to this Opener, I officially announce that Opening Ceremonies will take place at 8:30pm. And if I am speaking out of turn, may Brian Whitham strike me dead. :shock:

Matt Miller,

Please email ashburylog@gmail.com So we can get you set up good sir. I don't have contact info for you. If anyone knows matt please let him know.

Kyle

Hey, everyone. So it turns out I may not be making this event after all, as my store has decided to open that weekend instead of the following week, so I'll need to be there for it. If that changes at all, I'll definitely be there -- otherwise, I'm going to be seeing y'all in May.

BUT, since I won't be there to personally accost all of you, I'm doing it here: I want you all to come down to Southampton, PA for an Alliance season starter party (slash boffer practice) at my house. I'm not facebook friends with all alliance players so I can't exactly send the invites to everybody, but consider this my open invitation to you all. Be there Saturday, May 5th! For details about times, crash space, addresses, directions, etc, message me. I want to see your faces, and I want you guys out in the sun, training your pretty little tails off. :twisted:

Looking at the pre-reg numbers, I suspect it would be a good idea if a few PCs (and NPCs) brought tents. Unless the awesome people who were at site this last weekend did some pretty serious renovations, I think the site might be a few beds short of the amazing numbers that will be present.

-MS

(The above is not intended as a slight to the site or the awesome people who make it better and better every year)

Re: April event pre-registration

lwebb1 said:
NPC for me pwease! BUM BUM BUUUUUUUUUUH!!
For whoever is updating the list this is Lauren Webb

Ladies, Gentlemen, Shrubberies,

I must extend my apologies, because while I was not struck dead by Brian, we have decided to tentatively conduct Opening Ceremonies at approximately 10pm, not 8:30pm. We understand that the game will officially be having encounters already out, and that a big event is scheduled to occur around 10pm, but with real life schedules potentially conflicting, Staff would like to be able to briefly hold the game for the ceremonies before witnessing the awesome awesomeness of Mike Strauss. :noway:

Yes, everyone should bring 3x more socks than they think they need, and then two more pairs. Please also make sure you have dry garb to change into.

inclement weather gear is never a bad idea but we're in Montrose, not Tannersville. :)

Oops. I just pulled the zip from the website and didn't really pay attention to what they city location was :oops:

Mike Ventrella said:
Here's the weather for Montrose: http://www.weather.com/weather/weekend/USPA1092

I'm happy even though it says 40% chance of rain on Saturday, because when I looked at it yesterday, it said 80% chance of rain.

Look on the bright side Mike, that's a 60% chance it's not going to rain. :funny:

The weather isnt sure what it wants to do...when I checked it yesterday Saturday looked like it was nearly a 50/50 shot at rain...now its a 70%, and then Sunday looks like it'll be scattered and what not when yesterday it looked like Sunday would be dry. It just wouldnt be an alliance event without one.

Hello there! Erika here, from the Binghamton larp club. Just letting you know what we plan on bringing as far as food goes:
-Four 35 packs of water
-A couple of boxes of granola bars
-Two bags of dried fruit
-A box of cheez-its
We're all extremely excited for this event, and can't wait to see you all tomorrow!

Back