April Highlights

First off, The REAL CASTLE was excellent! Attacking the main gates and breaching them with a “giant q-tip”. LOL! And then the later defense, boy did it feel like we were going to lose the keep at one or two points.

Extreme kudo's to the NPC's and our Chapter owner, without whom this event would not have happened! :shout:

Ok, the rest in no particular order:
1) Rping with Lady Eldandiril (did I spell that right?).
2) Hearing frightened PC screams as the great hall’s door snapped open, and out came the NPC's tossing Arcane Death.
3) During that fight hearing this sequence “Arcane” “Spell Shield”(double whap) “Death”, “Don’t worry your okay.”
4) “Arcane Charm” “TURN!”
5) When I made my announcement to the town, getting a priceless look from Ryan!
6) Rping with Gearfree and giving him the money to buy his first workshop, much to his surprise.
7) Having long conversations with Brother Eric Marsters, which were quite enlightening for Tazoulti.
8) Being at the front gate rushing to Brother Eric’s defense when he pops off the wall of force that turned the tide of battle!
9) Having Fern get upset with Tazoulti’s announcement, and him telling me for the first time, “You’re the most fair minded, balanced, and and…” that was truly epic!
10) Hengin’s minor panic thinking Tazoulti wasn’t coming back, and then his practically interrogating me about the reasons. Gave me something to smile about! :shades:
11) Zed’s hand (I believe it was him) searching around the doorway trying to retrieve me while downed from behind corrupt lines. I could almost hear him thinking “Dang it, there’s a large dwarf around here somewhere!”
12) When some corrupt broke the line amongst the new pc’s swinging 2’s and 3’s, Kendra & I stepping into the breach swinging 6’s & 15’s (at least that’s what I thought she was doing, what a awesome barbarian!), and forcing the NPC’s to retreat.
13) While charmed, getting goosed by a NPC, and I couldn’t help laughing while trying to say “hey, I’m on your side!”
14) Tarqaq’s eyes going wide while he was berserked & took a stab at me, my reply “Prepare to die!”, and (I assume) his relief as I finished, “Disarm weapon”.
15) Seeing a Dark elf touting an umbrella and nearly laughing, then seeing DJ in the dress and having to duck my head in order to keep my composure. Luckily for me, I was out of game disjuncted back @ my forge in hope’s reach making the locks, otherwise I might have started something that probably would’ve got me rezzed… :twisted:
16) Oh yes, I can’t forget seeing all the action on the upper parapets during the archery defense. That was just sweet! I wish I had a camcorder to record it.
17) “restarting refit”… “Restarting Refit again”… (angrily)“Kill that S.O.B. or defend us” (in grumbling tone) “Restarting refit One More Time!”
18) Making Dure'dhel cranky while discussing what the order stood for with Captain York.
19) Me while guarding a downed Brother Marsters, “Touch his pants and you’ll be out with the dogs!” Pc whom I said that to:“Just kidding, just kidding… Really?”
20) Gets out the clue by four and waves it, “DG - We must come back to this site!

Wow- this event makes it to the top 5 and is one of the best in SoMN's history. The castle did help a bit (OMG). The fights were epic and scary and the RP was sooooo much fun. I can't wait to make the trek again to continue this story.

I had so many favs this weekend I am sure I am being unfair to someone and forgetting them since I interacted with so many of your guys as Fern's plot came off the rails and I struggled to keep the illusion alive:

-All the dealings prior to the siege, through the boards, IBGAs, or last event rp. I made good on a lot of deals finally and got a huge bit of help for the castle.

-Entering the castle was scary and I kept waiting for the other foot to fall, waiting for the hidden door to open or the npc to appear... I had no clue it was going to be that door or that it was going to involve that big a counter assault... that was awesome.

-Taking the kitchen, loading a plate of food, losing someone I was paid to watch over, going back to said plate of food, counter-attack, eventualy just asking York to put it somewhere safe and getting back to it at like 4am.

-Sneaking with Kovu upstair to pop the Font... sneaking downstairs and walking into Stephen... both Sam and I had a heart attack till we saw he had a headband on.

-The basement fight "kill the hobling with the hat"/Killing Gandian (sorry Zander) and getting turned into a doormat (3 withers) but scooting my way 1/2 across the basement.

-The Fern face comming off the rails to Panda/Kovu... all weekend.

-The kobolt getting tossed off the ramparts along with the "gorka close your eyes game".

-The inception of team "we're all gunna f'ing die" (those of you who know...that was the best moment I had this weekend, see ya in the circle)

-Eating the doughnut

-Talking to Davion for a good 1/2 hour only for him to slightly alter his perspective and in the process mine a bit too. I dug that RP.

-Zed and Yorkie both of you guys rule.

-Kovu almost breaking my shield when I made fun of him/her.

-Going out with a small group during the corrupt battle and managing the bring everyone back inside alive... after a little while.

- Fighting Steven's corrupt who swung massive with Novi, getting to rogue dance with Eldandiril and my heart skipping a beat when she got tagged with the oblit.

-So many more things, not enough space to put it all in there. I was honored to be at this event.

Paul

I have a few.

Pregame:

Thanks Brent for driving us around all day on thursday and taking us to M.O.A. We had a blast. INSIDE ROLLER COASTER!!!!
Finding a Mai Doll and the boys trying to help me dress her. "how bout these chaps and these heels and this thong and ooh ooh this nurses hat..."
Twin City Grille....
Four grown men on a log ride.
Chino Latino's for the win.
"Oh, Paige and Sam live right there...Awesome!"

Game:

Castle = Epic
Chucking Gas globes up over the wall and actually hitting people.
Eve and I sitting by a door that for some reason I couldn't pick and cursing at it.
Dragon Poker and Right Left Center Mid day shenanigans.
Waltzing with Koala Kovu, Once I got into it i didn't step on toes as much.
Tondra and Talik :)
Steven sitting in as Kovu while Sam was up stairs washing off her makeup for the race change. We totally made up that ritual dance.
Fern: "You have Boobs" Kovu: "..." Fern: "Can I see um?" Kovu: Attacks Fern (This happened right after Talik got attacked too for a dumb thing he said)
Panda kidnapped!
Being a Battle leader and having my orders work in the towns favor. :)
Heart felt Panda and Kovu Moments I almost cried too.
Dark Elf Fun.

Overall guys, I had a blast and I am glad that we could come and share this event with you all. Thanks to Pete, Rachel, Daphne and Thomas for bringing what we couldn't carry. Thank you to Emilyn and Steven for letting us stay, and Brent for driving us around. Thanks to all the rest of you for Hanging out with us an making us feel welcome. And every one for all the awesome role play, it really made my event.

Vicki

I was so happy to be back LARPing again, you have no idea! I had so much fun this weekend!

- Fern, Talitha, and someone else drop during the necro fight in the basement. Talitha gets hit by a healing spell, but refuses to get up until the Stone Elf fighting right over her moves away. Just as she gets up, she's attacked by a rope, a hold is called, and suddenly there's Kovu, foot in the air, mid-leap/throwing-down of a circle, part of which is hanging from the blade of my sword. There really should have been a picture taken. I was so confused in that moment.

Felixmac09 said:
-All the player-on-player drama (TALITHA)
:sweat: ;)

- Waiting for Jonathan to wake up from a rather hard waylay. Five minutes later: "So... how does dying work?"
" :| .... :noway: Really!?" Stupidest thing Talitha's ever done. Oof. I was somewhat relieved to find Kovu in the Earth Circle when I ran down there in a panic with a pile of Jonathan's stuff. It might've been harder to tell somebody else what I'd done.

- Barbarian hugs and forgive-me help from Hengin when Jonathan was being mad at Talitha.

- Several people telling me after game-off to go talk to Sam. I finally do, and she asks me what I think of making Talitha a Guardian. It really surprised me, but I get to thinking on it, and although she'd be a really awkward choice at first, it could be an interesting thing to take on. Talitha won't push for it, though (no one's even mentioned it to her in-game, yet) so if you guys actually want her to be, you might have to get Fern and Hengin (yes, those two) to just go up to her and tell her: This is what you're doing, now.

- Telling Paul about the Guardian thing later, and then he tells me Fern should make Talitha a deputy. Hmm...

- I only saw the Dark Elf Matron once in a passing glance, but I distinctly remember doing sort of a double-take and thinking: "Who is that?" and "Looks pretty convincing, anyway..." I never would've figured it out if not for all the posts here... :blink:

- LARP Mom wandering around trying to sell people a "nose cleaner". I love how much you guys love her. It's weird when Tal has to beat up her NPCs, though... :huh:

- "Helping" Jonathan practice for the ranged competition. You've gotta be careful of those moving targets -- they have a tendency to run off with your weapons... :roll:

- In the Staff Room with Jonathan and the bottle guy, who promised he wouldn't spread rumors...

- One of the dark elves: "Is she going to be quiet enough?"
A skeptical group of sneaky people all look down at Talitha and her outfit of jingley little coins.
Fern: "Talitha, walk."
Talitha does so.
Fern: "I just wanted to check that out."
:shades:

- The corrupt node! When that thing went up, I was secretly glad. From about that moment, Talitha started to feel useful again. Defending the castle was actually easier on being a rogue than sieging it was...

- The huge everybody-hug-Dave pile on Sunday. The castle was amazing and this event was definitely one of the coolest! SoMN rocks, and I can't wait to see everyone again! :D

Totally forgot about this one:

Gorka was trying to teach First Aid and so I (Icey) was lying on the ground. She was demonstrating basic First Aid methods when Dure'Dhel walked into the room asking why I was on the ground. Gorka replied that she was teaching First Aid and he decided the best way to teach first aid was for someone to actually bleed. He walks over to me and starts stabbing at me on the ground.

Dure'Dhel: 1 Normal, how many body are you down?
Me: I'm not down any body
Dure'Dhel: Are you wearing armor?
Me: No
Dure'Dhel: 1 Normal, how many body are you down?
Me: I'm not down any, stop that!
Dure'Dhel: 1 normal, 1 normal
I'm glad I was rolling away at that point trying to get away. Then Dure'Dhel seemed to have gotten bored and left. Gorka then decided that someone needed to bleed and everyone drew there weapons. Deoman had the 'bright' idea to hit me for 2 normal, so I started chasing him down with a shatter spell. Gorka proceeded to waylay both of us, and then she made Deoman bleed out, thank god. I just got to lay in unconsciousness for 10 minutes, and proceeded to stumble away pretty confused. I was about to rush back out there and Shatter stuff again, if it wasn't for Brother Marsters telling me not to :p

Also, Marsters attacking Gandian after both of them having to rez was pretty scary. Marsters literally grabbed the first weapon he could find (mine) and starts attacking Gandian. Out of game wise, I find it slightly ironic that it was Alex's weapon that he created and would've been killed by it if the circle hadn't stood in Marsters way, as he was dead when we were all invested in it :p

Ah I've finally almost wound down from an amazing weekend here's my list of favorites, in a particular order, see if you can figure it out!

1.) Watching someone get away with the hidden chest of loot the first night, dear lord that's a lot of gold for one person! (impressive how you made it past that many players without getting caught!)
2.) Seeing so many folks out, we recorded 60 people even (45 PCs, 15 NPCs) of which 58 where local players or returning folks from our favorite sister chapter in Chicago (I call it a sister chapter because they are all so pretty you understand) before you ask, the other two, where first timers from Chicago, we hope to see you come back soon!
3.) Fancy new site, it was a beautiful place to play and work is already underway to ensure we can come back, thanks to everyone that worked so hard on clean up.
4.) The initial siege was great fun, very impressive point defense as my Stone Elf Lich popped up all over the place.
5.) The crafting brigade of doom rebuilding the castle to a far superior setup then we expected, kept us out of the castle much longer then expected.
6.) The unexpectedly needed Extra Kobold brother...had to bring in a second bold to finish hooking my mod, buncha PC goons we got ^.^
7.) The impressive set up for the Bone witch mod, sometimes I wish there were two of me so I could watch every mod we do so I don't miss out on so much cool stuff!
8.) Terminates - Twice my big bads got stuck with them to my surprise, ah well, can't have a resist for them all.
9.) The Saturday night siege and the line breakers moving up the line step by step at the end forcing the PCs from the mess hall after an extremely hard fought battle.
10.) The look on 25 PC's faces all crowding the main gate as the node went up in the courtyard, while those players I had just busted through were busy regrouping after being scattered.
11.) The extremely organized retreat shortly after the node went up, that parapet was cleared in record time, and here I was all excited to have my minions sweep the battlements, ah well, next time.
12.) The Dark Elf matriarch, I shall always regret uttering the words 'if someone makes the costume, we'll use it' doh! On the upside, at least we got to kick start the dark elf plot lines into high-gear.
13.) The FE mod, yet another plot line introduced, can't wait to see how it resolves in the end.
14.) Lizard hunting with the youngans, so nice to see you young people including the Kobold in the loot share ^.^
15.) Putting 14 spots between this favorite and my fake first favorite to see if anyone would bite about someone sneaking off with a make believe chest of loot.

ooooh, dave, that was mean. =)

I also liked when I let Dave get all the way through the Incant and then replied.
"Dodge" Followed up with "Terminate"
Then Fern yelled and scooped me up and told me to get healing, refit my armor, and go stand in the corner... :p

More :D

Coming back from time traveling and trying to explain to Fern about how I time traveled and almost getting killed for insanity in the process. Then his reaction to the weakness of the Corrupt was pretty priceless too. :p

All my favorites have already been said by someone else except for, compared to how many I have, a few

1) The original suicide squad, none of which rez'd. FERN'S GREASEBALLS!!!
2) Finding the battering ram laying behind the castle.
3) 2/3s of the the squad running back with the battering ram only to have the first beaten to -1 by "allies"
4) the guy with the amazing plate mail, IG: jewels, and the amazing practice he gave me fighting sword and shield fighters
5) Having Pan Da tell me to follow her around and carry her messages, only to have her kidnapped before the fight begun, and subsequently running around for the entire corrupt seige like a chicken with his head cut off.
6) learning the command "Waffles" I hope we get to use it sometime.

Once again a huge thank you to all who npc'd making this an amazing weekend.
My special thanks to Dave for securing the castle for the event and IG: Alyce, not sure her OOG name, Dawson, and Dan for the late night spider and undead mods, both of which were amazing and very fun for a low level like me who doesn't make a difference other wise.

My favs (as an NPC):

1. The castle and its layout, especially melee fighting on the ramparts with a battle raging below.
2. Almost taking the keep as a Corrupt with the most annoying skill ever (innate Magic Disarm) and some good exchanges with PCs from that, especially Ryan's repeated reflecting of my Magic Prison and Kendra's weaponless rage.
3. Playing the Matron's Guard with a parasol and the Dark Elf RP.
4. Orc taunts and exchange with Hengin before the siege.
5. The creative solution of the PCs to use alchemical fire to defend the outer entrance.
6. Being the "late night RP npc" (which led to being a nocturnal npc, missing most of the daytime mods) but still loved being up all night role-playing and teaching as a friendly High Orc on Friday and a Dark Elf on Saturday.
7. Witnessing through participation the pure genius of the Plot team for this event and set-up for this season.

This was easily my #1 favorite event of my entire LARPing career.

My favorites... well the event was awesome, with so many people getting into the fun, and all the RPing... let's see what stands out...

-Running around like a maniac to get enough stuff for our archers to stand on to fire properly. Stupid overly tall ramparts...
-Gorka getting sticky pasted to the dark elf and both of them playing it for fun
-The after battle necromancer... "You guys want me to open THIS door?" *Death spells fly in* "Oh right, you guys probably should've moved first..."
-Realizing that all the cure light potions from Bob never arrived, and that I was holding nearly half the potions in town by myself.
-Trying to make sure everyone had cure lights. Never had that much trouble giving away potions before.
-Threatening to drag a sarr out of bed by her tail (and getting away with it)
-Fern not keeping a straight face after... the thing. You know what I'm talking about.
-Everyone waiting less than five minutes after the final battle to get drunk. That says a lot about us right there.
-Everyone cooperating amid the chaos as we were pushed back into the castle on defense. Things could have turned out a lot worse if people started panicking.
-People being so willing to sink so much gold into the fight for in game reasons. This is why I come to play with you guys.

Finally, it was fun to have so many new people to show the ropes, bring new characters into game, and let me be one of the big PCs for once... hope to see you new guys back again.

Oh Seamus... i can't beleive I forgot to put that in my favs... that was so epic dudge. No one hath been told IG.

I also forgot to give MAD MAD props for some other scenes/doings:

-To Em for "Bone" the mad spider alchemist... very well played version of a slightly off her rocker stone elf alchemist. I loved the RP mod and crawling under all the webs. I wish more people would have gone in that would have entertained for hours.

-Panda/Kovu/Novi/Yorkie- For diffusing a very potentially violent situation on the fly without any knowledge of what was really going on. Pure instincts of coolness.

-Seeing so many people who started last year, standing on their own in RP/Combat and showing other newer players how to play. That is so rewarding to see folks growing into their own shoes and able to bring more and more to the game it makes the game richer.

-Pre Game shenanigans... the water log module.... best amusement park ride ever and the MOA

-Chino Latino's (I went and got fried rice and tacos for dinner last night and have now had 2 dreams about that place... I am suffering from chimichuri withdrawal, consider this a cry for help).

Ractor said:
SnowsongWolf said:
I'm probably spelling names wrong, but...

Tengen to D'rezz "So what's this alchemical solvent worth to you?"
D'rezz storms out of the room, Gorka glued to him.

It was Novi saying it to D'rezz :-D

Novi, yes thank you! Too many names to remember!

By the by, who was that NPC taking pictures and where can I find them? Somehow I got completely missed in the 1 day event pics.

Oh, and I can't forget Dave as the DElf Matron. I didn't realize who it was at first but then our little conversation at Gorka's Birthday Party came back to mind. And yes Dave, you do make a better female than me :p

Some of my favorites:

1. Casting rituals with Hengin! I hope my ritual antics inspire him as much as his ritual antics inspire me. I can't wait to see Dure'dhels!
2. Talitha at the earth circle. Can we really make her a guardian after that?? ;)
3. FE module!
4. El, Tondra, Hengin, and all the people who helped Kovu feel better about being female.
5. Attacking Taloc and Fern for being inappropriate about it.
6. Castle Siege!
7. yummy salad dressing on Saturday night!
8. Alandra,"You are clearly drunk, perhaps we should discuss this later..."
Kovu "I'm always drunk! There is no time like the present!"
9. "Arcane Terror!"
10. Lots of effective uses for Wall of Force!

Thanks for a wonderful weekend!
-Sam

I post late - watcha gonna do about it!

-Doing my best to be a audio rulebook for Mitch prior to event, and him not releasing his first event unlike some noob (IE me :*( )

-Meeting everyone again was quite less frustrating than the prior - cause I already knew all there names. Yet, being able to RP forgetting a bit if I wanted mwahaha

-Earth Caster <3 talking with Sam and Brent about the list I prepared, and their faces when it went all the way up to t9

-Witnessing a elder hobling's proper wealth acquisition in action.

-"voice radius control undead: Attack the hobling wearing a hat" and then proceeding to run over to said hatted hobling to grant a spellshield as he finishes a KB on a well dressed undead.

-Fighting on the ramparts with the pincer of the two Liches closing in on us and the curse of silence making an opening *chee nerdawsome* (Ill admit I kinda fail at the room voice casting)

-Earning a gold for 2 pins and 1 bind - and properly guessing that they wouldn't be needed before remmem

-Myst Cave - Walking in feeling like a incredible hulk, whereas with harlequin it's like... ohboy more Break Commands *twirl finger*

-The Stone Elf Alchemist in the basement RP / Rogue mod - Not on my stone elf rogue :X Feeling truly fail for my choice to be alted - still smile on my face for watching york squirm around.

-Being battlebuddy to Kendra, man she's intimidating.

-The everyone attune to circle circles :) and Kova / Hengin realising how big of an issue that was. And then watching the rituals from the other circle.

-Demanding money for my Lightning Blast scroll for Gandian to purchase.

I am happy that I got to introduce Reese to you all and I hope you trust him enough to be willing to travel with him to more dangerous lands, more profitable lands hopefully (1.9g is very low imo for capturing a castle considering how much they cost to purchase).

My personal plan is to play harlequin as much as I can here as I enjoy having a character with a goal and continuing plot and bring my big card to the other dangerous places where I don't have any vested plot in.

Thank you guys for such an awesome first event!! We were a bit overwhelmed to be in a castle siege for our first time- but we are so happy we were able to share it with you all! You all made us feel very welcome and helped us alot to get into the game! You've proved to us it's worth the drive and we hope to return to adventure with you more!
-From the Dryad, Gypsy, and Human

Back