I would just swap them like so:
Racial
Trade
Weapons
Martial
Stealth

Scholar
Spells

Just to move the weapons above everything because you need to pick a weapon skill before any of the Martial/Stealth.

Page 95, paragraph 4 references the spell Magic Armor instead of Weapon Shield.

Page 35 - The Alchemy Production skills table has "Cure Wounds" instead of "Cure Light Damage"

Page 126, under Disarm, talks about the correct call for using a Paste of Stickiness being "no effect."
Page 125, under Paste of Stickiness, talks about the correct call for voiding a Disarm being "resist."

Comments up to this point have been sent over. Thanks everyone!

Page 35 - The Alchemy Production skills table has "Cure Wounds" instead of "Cure Light Damage"

There is no more Cure Light Damage :) Alchemists just produce Healing 5 Elixirs, which otherwise work the same as Healing 5 Potions (barring the Qualifier, which rarely matters when you're drinking it).

But this did make me notice that it doesn't say "Elixir" under Cure Wounds, so I added that to the list of comments that I sent over!

-Bryan

From an earlier thread:

Weapon Shield works against both Weapon qualifier and physical-delivered Poisons in both 1.3 (as Magic Armor) and 2.0 (as Weapon Shield).

However, Weapon Shield in the beta book only mentions the Weapon qualifier. Which is right?

Is there likely to be a Beta.rev2 rulebook with all the known fixes we can check out?

Is there likely to be a Beta.rev2 rulebook with all the known fixes we can check out?

Yep, I expect there to be at least one more round of Beta feedback. I'll ask to get new, clean threads put up at that point, so we can easily separate feedback on the updated version. However, I'm not in charge of rulebook writing, layout, or timing, so I can't speak as to when we will actually get that updated version.

-Bryan Gregory
ARC

However, Weapon Shield in the beta book only mentions the Weapon qualifier. Which is right?

Weapon Shield will work against Physical delivery Poison qualifier attacks, just like Magic Armor used to. If it doesn't make it in on this round, I'll make sure to send it in on the next Beta rulebook revision.

Weapon Shield will work against Physical delivery Poison qualifier attacks, just like Magic Armor used to. If it doesn't make it in on this round, I'll make sure to send it in on the next Beta rulebook revision.

I assume this means Parry and evade work the same way?

Haven’t seen it posted yet, but the Rulebook has Rebirth as 5 HM now instead of 8. Intent or typo?

Protective Reflex is at 8, as per play test.

There is no more Cure Light Damage :) Alchemists just produce Healing 5 Elixirs, which otherwise work the same as Healing 5 Potions (barring the Qualifier, which rarely matters when you're drinking it).

But this did make me notice that it doesn't say "Elixir" under Cure Wounds, so I added that to the list of comments that I sent over!

-Bryan

We may want the new version to indicate that the Cure Wounds is specifically a "Cure Wounds 5" on the Alchemy Production table.

The current text for Doom Blow indicates it is specifically compatible with Slay and Assassinate, which implies it isn’t compatible with Eviscerating Blow.

The current text for Doom Blow indicates it is specifically compatible with Slay and Assassinate, which implies it isn’t compatible with Eviscerating Blow.
those are two different effects, so yes?

Doom Blow only changes the Carrier from whatever it would be otherwise to Doom; Eviscerate changes both the number called and the Carrier. In other situations where multiple Carriers can be applied to the same swing (such as having an active Enhanced Blade spell on you), you get to choose which Carrier you use at the time of the swing; I don't see this being changed if you're willing to expend two skills to swing for 500 Doom.

I should clarify that I believe Doom Blow is intended to work with EB, but the wording in the current beta rule book has specific wording that implies it excludes anything not Assassinate or Slay.

“This may be combined with an Assassinate or Slay for additional damage.”

Ah, okay. Yeah, either Doom Blow or Eviscerating Blow should say whether they can be combined or not, I agree.

The Herbal Lore skill states that it is required to mix elixirs into food/drink, but no rules for doing so appear to be presented in the rulebook or player's guide.

The skill table lists "One Handed Master" and "Two Handed Master", but the headings/descriptions use the names "One Handed Weapon Master" and "Two Handed Weapon Master". Please choose a name. (And let me know if it's different than the table version, since that's what the CMA has).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back