August Favorites

<3 you and your real life vampire gaze skills. I was flattered to be a recipient :wub2:

Gwendara said:
<3 you and your real life vampire gaze skills. I was flattered to be a recipient :wub2:
lol - you all would have been, I stared everyone down, but only some of you stayed locked long enough... :twisted:

I'm glad it was cool. I kept trying to get gabriel, but he had the timing perfect... lol

Haha gwen is stubborn. She wasn't gonna back down even if it was stupid not to certain bad guys get that defiant streak in her. Right now it's all vamps since dominion are gone.

You were an amazing arch villain. Thanks for being awesome.

One more favorite, that really deserves it's own post.

Feral Spider Goblins. Those horrible ferocious things. We haven't had them as a problem as of yet because of the spider monkeys that chase them off. But the spider monkeys get eaten by the barking floor spiders. These barking floor spiders let out a foul emanation when they appear (and cause dozens of people to trip in the tavern). This foul emanation causes the invisible silent magic duck to appear and eat them. It only ever speaks after eating a barking floor spider...hence the occasional "Quack"...

Upon first hearing this explanation, I almost suffocated from laughter...

All things Mich and Tom, with the Sir Bryce plot and it comming full circle. Crazy, even the King showed up for the feast!

Such epic RP with Sonia in reference to mentioned above. No, THANK YOU MICH!

All the Kitchen help, cleaners, and my 2 lovely Vansir Asst. Chef Ladies!

Blank Blank Assassins and how vicious they were.

"Shock and Awe" on being told there was no need for a Haven of the Living to be put up, begging and it falling of deaf ears.

Being "Fearless" was truly awesome, Stake of Woe Ritual FTW

Epic Danny fight with his assassin. Good show bro, very good!

Henry as Harrison, truly Unique in his own way.

New Squires, who seem to wear short, skimpier "no pants".. Challenge accepted sista!

All the rom rom's. I guess people didnt hear but during dinner prep, Luka was singing and it reminded me off Edith from the Archy Bunker theme, so i was singing it from the kitchen lol.

All things Stormblades and a heartfelt farewell from Andros to Ithica.. FOIG. But love Gwen, Izer, Ik.. just great rp and 1 liners with them all weekend.

"Ima make you a Shield with an H on it"

Love all the New peeps. Orc chili guy, The Dwarf with that cool hut outside. Rayna & Her male companion, excellent to see you guys again. And the Scavenger fella with the staff.

"Who is that Prince Zuko?"

Epic conversation with the New Dwarf Fella wearing the leather Armor and Mike Strauss's Galanthian. Awesome 20 minutes or so RP down by the river.

Marcus Grim, Life Saver and Man-at-arms extraordinaire. "Ok walk out the Cabin 10 feet, whatever comes out to attack you we will beat it down and then go save the town."

Seeing Lochabar saturday evening, and amazed how the ritual was being cast/completed so fast with minimal resistance, and there was so much chaos and disorder just from his presence.

Del and Eldarion from Phalanx, such cool people to be around.

Conversations with Zatarina.

And interactions here and there with Sir Eros.

Feeling fortunate i never got turned into a Bloodwraith.

The clowns and the chaos that insued... " you get over here and forfill your Husbandly duties!"

Emilia's Fey.. "You cant handle where im from!"

pssst... Grim's first name is Marcusagrim. His last name is Anvilstrike.. just saying...

Ithica said:
New Squires, who seem to wear short, skimpier "no pants".. Challenge accepted sista!

Unless you're willing to actually wear no pants, you've already lost. Jovunn gave her skirt to a Galanthian soldier whose pants were ripped (OOG, the NPC's pants ripped mid-wave battle) in exchange for his surrender. :twisted: SQUIRE NO-PANTS 4EVZ.

Well, it was my second event and my first time PCing, but despite all this I really had a blast. In battle I couldn't always do too much other than provide a distraction, but I didn't mind all too much really. The interactions were where it was at for me. Everyone is fantastic and were all highly friendly and accepting. A short list of moments that stick out in my mind:

- The prophets at the beginning were pretty neat. Got my fortune told only to learn that others were suspicious of her because of her box (possibly rightly so lol)

- Monty and his mystical instruments of music. It was awesome to watch others play/improvise with them and he was such a great sport about it all. His abilities were awesome as well, and so was that tent!

- The Fey taking a whole group of us to the Velvet Room was certainly an interesting experience, though I don't think Cyno much cared for having his fur rubbed the wrong way.

- Ithica picking me up after being beaten down by a fellow adventurer unknowingly turned by the blood wraiths and chasing him up the stairs to the tavern.

-Getting yelled at by Lochabar for just a moment in the Healer's Guild while he screamed and threatened Ezri. Then being one of the only two people out of four in the Guild with a weapon should someone invested become a thrall. It was chilling not knowing what was happening and then seeing all the people coming in that needed to be resurrected.

- Defending the Guardian of the First Forest from enraged animals.

That's all that I can think of for the moment. Oh and props to all the people who knew what a thylacine even was. There were a couple of you, I know... Anyway, it was awesome and I can't wait to rp with you all again

Ithica said:
Jovunn said:
Ithica said:

Unless you're willing to actually wear no pants, you've already lost.

Oh its been done, i got my skimpies!

-Toddy, waking up at nero all hours of the nite and fighting off bad guys in tighties since 2003

CHALLENGE ACCEPTED.

This was a very satisfying weekend and I mean that in the best possible way. Like walking away from Thanksgiving dinner happily stuffed and ready to sleep but not able to say what your favorite dish was.

I completely agree with Michelle that there are all these “games” large and small that make up a weekend event. It creates a community in all its complexity. Whether you are with someone the entire time or just see them in the tavern or on the field, knowing that the others are there makes the world that much richer. The story is less full without everyone there. Thanks to EVERYONE for adding to my story.

**Disclaimer – I am notoriously terrible with names, so my apologies for any mistakes. I will eventually get them all, but it may take awhile. I’m getting old, what can I say? :p

Special shout out to monster desk this weekend. Well stat-ed throughout from everything that I saw. Very challenging, but fair. Great job!

Also to those who cooked (and cleaned, served, etc., etc.) during the weekend- PC, NPC or Food committee. A good tavern adds to the game in so many ways.

Now for some memories that stand out:

-PC’ing a stealth mod. Let’s face it, I’m not well… stealthy. :thumbsup: I’ve NPC’d them, but never had to be the one with screaming muscles hoping the BBG doesn’t find us. Being told as we entered the woods “Be warned – unscaled module ahead” (or something to that effect). And oh the DRAMA! :yummy:

-Meeting Kialda’s sister Layna (?) in the tavern and immediately knowing that I’d be keeping an eye on her too. That whole group of PC’s were great!

-Zatarina’s Life-ing me 10 seconds before Mouse needed it and the subsequent resurrection dance to the circle. I’m one of those players who totally embrace the idea that you get to die in this game and COME BACK. Very cool.

-The whole Resurrection experience and a great story by the first person who had taken the time to ask Mouse about her past. I’m blanking on your name right now, but you allwed me to fill in the blanks in the story and have some nice sole roleplay afterwards. Catharsis is good.

-The last minute popcorn battle. Thanks to Scott for putting it together and to 3 of the hardest working NPC’s around! Thanks to everyone for keeping it fun the whole time. For all we knew, our 12 tough guys were being slaughtered in the tomb, but we were having a grand ole time. :funny: Legends of Squire No Pants will live on in history.

-Scott taking a moment after the Lochaber 10-on-1 fight to express how he felt it went. On the spot sincere gratitude goes a long way in fostering what we all want to see in the game. Your dedication to the spirit of this great game is about shows.

- RP with Mike’s Galanthian all weekend and especially after collecting herself after resurrection. That last bit was just what Mouse needed at that moment. Very happy that my character history could so naturally help fulfill your plot quest. :yes:

-The ride up and back with Danny and Michelle. SOO nice to have company, I can’t tell you. Hit all the right notes. And what great company, even with me stressing on the way home about being late and the rain. Thanks guys!

Ok, so this got a little longer than I thought, but one last bit of advice before I go:

If you are ever terrorized in the tavern by a couple of vampires – run into the Mages Guild and “Be the Chair”. :funny:

See you in Oct.
Kathy

Kathy you are a blast to rp with. I am amped you came last event

Leading up to this event was very tiresome for me since 3 different rides I had hoped or planned on catching backed out for one reason or another. Left at 9am Friday just to get there by 6 and man it was worth it.

I really like bringing new people into the game cause I love seeing my friends go from the this is kind of akward to this is okay to this is fun to OH EM GEE WHEN IS THE NEXT EVENT. Lauren and Kamil I'm so glad you two could make it and So glad you both had an amazing time even though I barely saw you IG.

Thanks and booo To Amanda and Will. I had plenty to eat and 2am cheeseburgers thanks to you two but at the same time I had to work extra hard to lose weight this weekend. You two really fueled NPC camp and Everyone appreciates it. (NPC more often it was fun being your battle buddy).

Stupid O'Clock mod. Thanks to the stupid o'clock crew that thought up that awesome mod. Jeremy as The Amazing Jar Jar, Jamie as the old lady farm owner and me as the random citizen pretending to be a blood wraith (Just having a red sheet)

Squire No Pants!: I tore my pants while fighting Mike Strauss' group as one of 3 NPCs fighting over half the town. Thank you Jeremy for being cool with me doing a bit of RP that lead to Jouuvan exchanging clothing with me and getting her the title "Squire No-Pants"....

"Kill them all and bring me a pair of pants!" *seeing the baffled look on the PC's faces*

Standing OOG by one of the cabins and seeing a galanthian heal the enemy and then attack his own. I love spells that turn people against themselves.

IG food in the tavern. From the food committee to every one that used the kitchen to cook: The food keeps getting better and better. At the rate that it's going I wouldn't be surprised if we had swanky 4 or 5 star food in the future. (Okay I would)

All the geeky/nerdy references in NPC camp. This serious kept my energy up throughout the weekend. Other than food and 2-4 hours of sleep that is the single thing that revitilizes me. Laughter & Geeking out is the best medicine.

I hopefully will be there at the September event. (I left that bottle again so I have an excuse to come back) Every event I go to seems to get better and better. Please I hope we can keep topping events.

Back