Bin Laden Dead!

Hell freakin' yeah!

BOOM! Headshot.

I'm just sorry we weren't able to get him alive and in chains.

original.gif

I'm just going to throw this in here before this thread takes off:

Lets keep things respectful and tasteful. If you have questions about what that means... feel free to PM me. But, you should know what I mean.

Thank you.

Stephen
National PR

Icey said:
BOOM! Headshot.

Well, latest report I heard said the Seal team had orders to kill, then they dumped the body at sea.
Granted, I am not big on conspiracy theories, but this really sounds like they set it up.

Or they wanted to ensure that the body couldn't be recovered and used as a rally, or make wherever it was being held the biggest target in the world.

Silverharp said:
Or they wanted to ensure that the body couldn't be recovered and used as a rally, or make wherever it was being held the biggest target in the world.

I'm fairly certain there's no conspiracy here. They grabbed the body for a proper ID, got what they needed, and then in accordance with Muslim custom buried it. By granting the body the respect Muslim culture demands, they completely avoided making any more of a symbol out of him. No one can rally around a lack of disrespect as a way to continue fueling the conflicts.

I was also under the understanding that no country was willing to have his body buried there. (The cost of securing the site would have been insane.) So burial at sea in international waters was the only real option.

Stephen

SkollWolfrun said:
Icey said:
BOOM! Headshot.

Well, latest report I heard said the Seal team had orders to kill, then they dumped the body at sea.
Granted, I am not big on conspiracy theories, but this really sounds like they set it up.

I see your point. However, also, take a look on twitter. There was a gentleman that inadvertently tweeted about the op going on, in real time, @ReallyVirtual.

Source: http://news.yahoo.com/s/yblog_thelo..._thelookout/man-live-tweeted-bin-ladens-death

I trust that his head could have been stuck on a pike on the white house lawn and there would still be a sizeable portion of the American population incapable of admitting he's dead, and subsequently screaching "conspiracy!"

I would like to say i think this thread is extremely inappropriate to have on the boards even in the off topic area.

Silverharp said:
Here's hoping my lads and lasses in the sand box come home safe.
And all the others, of course.

not to shoot you down or anything but troops won't be coming home for another few years or so. The "war on terror" has forced major terrorist organizations to break down into much smaller, scattered cells working independently of each other. Though Osama was a figurehead, it's not as if their leadership was shattered. To be perfectly honest this is probably one of the most dangerous times to be in the middle east.

EricMarsters said:
SkollWolfrun said:
Icey said:
BOOM! Headshot.

I see your point. However, also, take a look on twitter. There was a gentleman that inadvertently tweeted about the op going on, in real time, @ReallyVirtual.

Source: http://news.yahoo.com/s/yblog_thelo..._thelookout/man-live-tweeted-bin-ladens-death

thank god covert operatives are using twitter on missions.

Deadlands said:
I trust that his head could have been stuck on a pike on the white house lawn and there would still be a sizeable portion of the American population incapable of admitting he's dead, and subsequently screaching "conspiracy!"

People who believe in these conspiracy theories amaze me. Especially for things like aliens landing in Area 51 and the US not landing on the moon.

Do you realize how many people would have to know about this and keep silent about it if that were true? Whereas only one person with the truth could write a book and make a million dollars exposing it.

Our government has a terrible time keeping secrets. Even little secrets. Ask Bill Clinton. Ask Richard Nixon. Look up wikileaks. To think they could keep these huge things secret just stretches credibility to the breaking point.

I would like to say this thread is EXTREMELY appropriate, and appreciated! People i play with are good friends and as close as family. Talking about topics, not related to Nero, in an off-topic section is completely acceptable.

Sometimes people should just not click on the topic if they are afraid of what its going to say. Kinda like watching a video titled "Caution Sadam Husein hanging bootleg, GRAPHIC, VERY GRAPHIC" .. then you click the link of the video and say " it was to graphic, they actually showed the hanging of Sadam...." ( which i thoroughly enjoyed BTW)

Anyway, what do you think? Think he might of been killed some time ago? Think this was a breath of fresh air to kinda settle all the uprisings in the USA at the moment? ( Gas prices, political parties, Union labor laws, economy, USA on verge of 3rd world status headlines?)

I'm not a conspiracy theorist, but whether he died last week do to a gun shot to the head and his body was dumped at sea. Or he died 5 months ago, and then launched into the sun on a Missile. Who cares the Mother F'er is dead.

Doesnt end the war, doesnt put a stop on the Terrorist organization. But one lest P.O.S. with some status influencing people. If they want to make him a Martyr, who cares.

KUDOS OBAMA, getting on the TV saying it like it was "We did it, we blasted him, we dumped the body" . Kudos for no sugar coating.

-Toddy

Imagine what kinda state the world would be in if Ronald Regan was in office the past 10 years or so?

Ithica said:
Imagine what kinda state the world would be in if Ronald Regan was in office the past 10 years or so?

bad dude... real bad. a corpse in office... necromancy legal.. the black forrest guys would be senators or governors by now.. :yummy:

Back