[.11] Character Management Application - Free Play

Hello, tool is looking good.

Improved channeling fix confirmed.

Thanks!

I’d like to make an aesthetics/ease of use suggestion: can we get the skill descriptions moved beneath the build cost and purchase buttons? It may not be an issue on a desktop setup, but with a phone at least, it’s some extra scrolling to get to purchase.

Improved channeling fix confirmed.

Thanks!

I’d like to make an aesthetics/ease of use suggestion: can we get the skill descriptions moved beneath the build cost and purchase buttons? It may not be an issue on a desktop setup, but with a phone at least, it’s some extra scrolling to get to purchase.

That seems like a reasonable request, I haven't taken a look at anything on mobile in a bit. It'd probably be worth giving it a once over. I like the way it looks now with the skill description first. But, I think maybe I can add an expand text button so that you can skip past it if you're not interested in the text.

I'll make a note to do more testing on mobile.

Human description is missing when selecting species. Seems to be the only one.

As a suggestion, in addition to calculating body, it should also calculate maximum armor worn. When changing classes, it should also display body and armor totals to make it clearer what is changing. This is probably most relevant if one were considering buying wear-extra-armor to make up for lost armor cap when swapping classes.

This looks great!

Sleep/Paralysis Blow is listed as 3 xp for Rogue, when the ARB lists it as 2 xp.

The rulebook doesn't actually supply a description from humans, so it's empty intentionally.

Should be edited to state, "The actual worst."

I'm kidding.

Magistarium Blow is showing but i think that is an error as Foundation Blow is not showing and I only have 4 in Martial skills.
XP Spent By Category
Weapon Skills 6
Martial Skills
Trades and Crafts
Scholarly Skills
Racial Skills

upload_2018-7-27_13-13-52.png
upload_2018-7-27_13-23-58.png

ARC and the Owners have made Chris' life tough with the prereqs. LITERALLY UNPLAYABLE.

Seriously, though, this tool is rad, and I look forward to having to bug my Logistics team a LOT less after 2.0 is rolled out because of the Alliance CMA :D

-Bryan

Is there a programming reason not to have the purchase multiple as the default on the main skill page?

I’m probably explaining that poorly, I’ll try to expand. The skill details page (for those that offer it) has a redirect for purchasing multiple instances of a skill. Is there a reason not to have the drop down and multi-purchase button on the same page? You could lose the purchase button at that point and just have the drop down default to 1.

Have you considered accounting for when players are taught new skills but haven't spent the xp on them yet? They would technically have "0" in that skill listed.

Is there a way to add the multiple purchase function to the craftsman skill?

Have you considered accounting for when players are taught new skills but haven't spent the xp on them yet? They would technically have "0" in that skill listed.

I don't have any concept of learning skills right now. It's not important to the playtest. What I'm probably going to do is just let players who've bought skills they don't know have like a * next to them, or grey text.

Last edited:
Is there a programming reason not to have the purchase multiple as the default on the main skill page?

I’m probably explaining that poorly, I’ll try to expand. The skill details page (for those that offer it) has a redirect for purchasing multiple instances of a skill. Is there a reason not to have the drop down and multi-purchase button on the same page? You could lose the purchase button at that point and just have the drop down default to 1.

Multipurchase was a quick add on I made in response to @Durnic complaining about having to buy Wear Extra Armor 25 times. So beyond the fact that it was quick, and *most* skills are single purchase no, there's not a very good reason. Time I guess.

Is there a way to add the multiple purchase function to the craftsman skill?
Maybe I'd have to write something super specific for just Craftsman since you need to select the subtext of it. Since there's a bunch of logistics stuff to get done, I don't really consider that a high priority.

All good reasons!

Back