[.11] Character Management Application - Free Play

Chris - is the cost for Slow/weakness blow correct for rogues? It's showing up as 4 on the webapp but it's 3 per the packet. At least that's what it is looking like to me.

Great! As long as you know, that's what I wanted to make sure of. Thanks Chris!

Tieran is correct.

It remains:
((BUILD - 15) / Build needed per body) + 10

So a Human fighter at level 1 would have 10 body. Here it gets a little tricky -- you are given an extra blanket to start so you come in at 25 build instead of 15 (No one will play as a level one character in the 1.x rules). Fighters as you know get 1 body every 5 build over 15. This means a brand new character, human fighter will start the game at level 2 with 12 body.

Because it's still BUILD - 15, all existing characters can just add +4 body.

This is the current system for calculating body.

In the app however it seems the formula has changed to ((BUILD - 25) / Build needed per body) + 10 resulting in a slight dip in body across all classes, as much as 2 points for fighters at identical levels between 1.3 and 2.0. Is this an intentional change? I haven't been able to find anything on it in the .11 play test document.

I wrote this code prior to the change in body.

Good catch on the math.

Here's the snippet of code that handles that.

def body_points_for_class(character_class, xp)
body_affecting_xp = xp - Character::STARTING_CHARACTER_XP

body = case character_class
when CharacterClass::FIGHTER
body_affecting_xp / CharacterClass::Body::FIGHTER
when CharacterClass::ADEPT
body_affecting_xp / CharacterClass::Body::ADEPT
when CharacterClass::SCOUT
body_affecting_xp / CharacterClass::Body::SCOUT
when CharacterClass::ROGUE
body_affecting_xp / CharacterClass::Body::ROGUE
when CharacterClass::SPELLSWORD
body_affecting_xp / CharacterClass::Body::SPELLSWORD
when CharacterClass::SCHOLAR
body_affecting_xp / CharacterClass::Body::SCHOLAR
when CharacterClass::ARTISAN
body_affecting_xp / CharacterClass::Body::ARTISAN
else
raise "#{character_class} does not appear to be a valid character class"
end
(body + Character::STARTING_CHARACTER_BODY).to_i
end

Originally the starting xp (build at the time) and where you start calculating body from was the same.
When the change was made, I didn't create a new constant, like I should have.
So characters on cards were getting roughly xp 10 less worth of body.

At least that was the problem before I fixed it a few minutes ago.

Found a formatting error. Under the Biata description, the Green feather color doesn't have it's own line and is merged in to the Gray description.

upload_2018-9-27_2-22-19.png

One hand edge for High Orc Spellsword is listed as 2 points instead of 4? Half rounded up. (7/2 round up)

Two weapons for High Orc Spellsword is also base and not halved.

Style master for High Orc Spellsword is 5 instead of 8 (Half of 15)

Never mind...third try worked. /shrug

One hand edge for High Orc Spellsword is listed as 2 points instead of 4? Half rounded up. (7/2 round up)

Two weapons for High Orc Spellsword is also base and not halved.

Style master for High Orc Spellsword is 5 instead of 8 (Half of 15)
I saw a merge go through that addressed this.

I deployed 4ed672bd054cc2717a39d631478046af71020d43.
This includes a few bug fixes.
Several Logistics Changes including support for NPC blankets.

@Ken 's done some work on an undo button. You'll be able to undo a skill purchase made with in the last hour.

Big props to him on getting a feature out that I've been putting off since we started.

I've deployed a new build, which includes the Pyramid Buy feature. Whenever you qualify to purchase any spell slots, new buttons will be available at the bottom of the skill purchase list.
Input your desired pyramid and, if everything checks out, it should buy the whole thing at once.

While it would be nice if the pyramid interface would do XP calculations for you before you push the purchase button, I felt it was good enough to use in this state. Let me know if you find any problems with it.

Pyramid looks great.

I was playing around with the app and preregistration, and I was wondering if the app was going to support secondary character blankets (https://alliancelarp.com/forum/threads/secondary-character-blanket.33018/ ) and requesting blankets for past events from chapters?

As a nice to have, it'd be nice to be able to buy multiple ranks of craftsman at once; especially when spinning up a sylvanborn character.

I suspect the answer is "have patience, more important features are getting done first". I'm just excited to see all that has been done.

The buying back events from other chapters is already implemented. It will also support buying Dragon Stamp and Goblin Stamp monthlies. Once 2.0 and the character manager is live, we will be importing everyone's DS and GS totals. From then on, you won't have to get in touch with Logistics for any chapter to buy back events or get your monthlies on your characters.

Prior to the official switch over to 2.0 we'll support secondary character blankets. Logistics teams will be able to assign them. It's actually probably pretty soon, maybe with in the next month or two.
Right now we're working on the following to get ready for launch

Battleboards
Skills Rewrite (To support better undoing and selling back)
Race Change Functionality
Members List for Logistics
Automatic Goblin Blanket, Dragon Blanket and Goblin and Dragon Stamp Assignment.
Purchase pay no play events via gobs.

Then probably secondary event blankets.

Don't consider anything in the database now permanent. Chapters are still updating the old 1.3 databases and we'll clear everything out and reload it all when it's time to launch 2.0.
And I reload characters prior to events typically which will include xp for those things.

Last edited:
The buying back events from other chapters is already implemented. It will also support buying Dragon Stamp and Goblin Stamp monthlies. Once 2.0 and the character manager is live, we will be importing everyone's DS and GS totals. From then on, you won't have to get in touch with Logistics for any chapter to buy back events or get your monthlies on your characters.

Will our gobbies be pooled? Or will I still need a set of gobbies from HQ for example?

I really hope they aren’t pooled.

At least at the moment, they appear to be chapter specific. Which makes sense -- if you 'buy' gobbies you buy them from a specific chapter, and that chapter gets the money. Its a franchise, not a single entity.

GS will be chapter-specific as it is now, you just won't have to get in touch with a Logistics person to spend your gobbies. You will still have to interact with them to get gobbies for things like donations, of course.

Can't automate everything... yet.

Back