clearly

Ghost said:
Togashin said:
How dare you speak such words to my friend. You are truly the one of ignorance if you clam to know anything about us.

I don't eat clams. Though they are considered a delicacy in some lands, my old homeland for example.

And I was referring to "GFW" (Gypsy-Free Wayside), a group of wholly ignorant fools that anyone of your kin should be appalled by.

Or do I have MWE all wrong too?

As for mist travels, a worthy barb to be sure, but everyone knows it is by no means an exact science and others far more intelligent than I have been lost there for good. Perhaps one day, I can follow in their glorious footsteps!

Perhaps I was not as clear as I thought I was in my first dreaming (sleep has been scarce lately for me, my mind clouded and unfocused); I've nothing against friends who live through the mists, and you are one of them. It is people who live in the ignorance of blaming one race or people for what amounts to coincidence. As others have pointed out, someone has chosen the gypsies, it could just as easily have been MWE or Dark Elves, or Dwarves.

All I was asking for is patience and understanding, albeit sarcastically. But, what I say still stands. I've killed for less. If any of my friends die because of GFW's ignorance, there will be...consequences. If that puts us at odds, as much as it would pain me, so be it; you are a worthy Warrior and friend, Toga. I am surprised you would side with an openly hostile and bigoted being (and by association, group).

Regardless, I wish the best for you all, whatever that may be.

And Stoneskull,

The green of jealousy doesn't match well the green of your kind. I have a job to do, I do it well. It is all I do. I live to serve my lord Baron, and nothing more.

You seem to misunderstand me, and that's okay, few people understand me or what I do. I am a being of few words. I do what I am told when I am told by those whom I serve. I do not bark, I do not make a show for the benefit of those around me. I do. Nothing more. Nothing less.

Perhaps if you closed your mouth and listened and looked, you would see the world through new eyes? ;)

Avaran,

I know you serve your Baron. I refer to the lack of you doing ANYTHING to try to protect the citizens of Andar, or other adventurers when your town was attacked by Pain Elementals.

Now, unless you are going to be traveling through the mists to Wayside sometime soon, you should focus on your own problems there, and mind your own business.

Stoneskull

Avaran,

Stoneskull isnt aware of da sacrafishes of da Baron or your group on our visit. ah hope ya kin take mah apologies fur not exaiplaining ta him exactly wut ya did ta help fortanis. Sometimes da rage of war in him makes him blind ta da efforts of others and his need ta defend his teritry, in dis case a friend, makes him unkind ta dose dat he should call ally. Ah hope ya kin forgive him cuz its not out of rancor, greed, or arrogance dat he says dese things but from pashion and care.

On anoder note if ya want ta really find a way ta anger me, keep pointin out peoples spelin mistakes... dat goes over real well fur me. Really, ya can see what Toga meant, at least ah can, and if ya can't dats pretty sad. Alsho, sometimes ah tink dat sarcasm, which leads ta misundestanding, tends ta be da root of many old wounds ah bear on my body, and in mah spirit; fur dat reason, ah tink ya ought ta consider more wisely yur choice of words to those you care fur.

ah find dat many peoples have different views of things... its different here. Ah met a lot of good gypsies in Andar, Kerjal and his sister, and dat guy Davio he wuz fun. Cazik and dis Joe guy kin choose ta have whatever views he wants.... callin em dim or any oder word isn;t gunna change dat its just likely ta earn ya de ire of his friend... some of which are yours Avaran. I kin see sum of da points made here are good, Gypsies round wayside are da cause of a lot of problems, and Marcey's attitude isn't helpin da situation at all. Ta me, at least, she's jest agravatin da folks she's trying ta sue fur peace in the dreamrealm before meeting them in real life ta me dat's not wise... ah might be wrong doh cuz I tend ta make mistakes.

Just a thought.

Jehan Wyldweaver.

I were only trying to stop a battle before it starts. I do nye want to show up in Wayside only to be torn apart by the likes of GFW and their sympathetics. Like all of you I have a job to do. For mi familia, for mi cama, for my friends, and for the promises that I have set fourth that I intend on delivering upon. I would I could dispel all unbridled hatred and bigotry in the lands with words, but I can nye. But I would my efforts were seen as how I had intended them.

With Love And Good Fortune For All,

~Marcena Cenkraea "The Dove" DagonGaddi

Ghost said:
Togashin said:
How dare you speak such words to my friend. You are truly the one of ignorance if you clam to know anything about us.

I don't eat clams. Though they are considered a delicacy in some lands, my old homeland for example.

And I was referring to "GFW" (Gypsy-Free Wayside), a group of wholly ignorant fools that anyone of your kin should be appalled by.

Or do I have MWE all wrong too?

As for mist travels, a worthy barb to be sure, but everyone knows it is by no means an exact science and others far more intelligent than I have been lost there for good. Perhaps one day, I can follow in their glorious footsteps!

Perhaps I was not as clear as I thought I was in my first dreaming (sleep has been scarce lately for me, my mind clouded and unfocused); I've nothing against friends who live through the mists, and you are one of them. It is people who live in the ignorance of blaming one race or people for what amounts to coincidence. As others have pointed out, someone has chosen the gypsies, it could just as easily have been MWE or Dark Elves, or Dwarves.

All I was asking for is patience and understanding, albeit sarcastically. But, what I say still stands. I've killed for less. If any of my friends die because of GFW's ignorance, there will be...consequences. If that puts us at odds, as much as it would pain me, so be it; you are a worthy Warrior and friend, Toga. I am surprised you would side with an openly hostile and bigoted being (and by association, group).

Regardless, I wish the best for you all, whatever that may be.

And Stoneskull,

The green of jealousy doesn't match well the green of your kind. I have a job to do, I do it well. It is all I do. I live to serve my lord Baron, and nothing more.

You seem to misunderstand me, and that's okay, few people understand me or what I do. I am a being of few words. I do what I am told when I am told by those whom I serve. I do not bark, I do not make a show for the benefit of those around me. I do. Nothing more. Nothing less.

Perhaps if you closed your mouth and listened and looked, you would see the world through new eyes? ;)

Cazic in no way said anything to support or associate with the GFW. He was simply pointing out to Marcey that she has not lived nearly long enough nor traveled anywhere to know what association her peoples or anyone might have with undead or the like.

Now Avaran, you are the one that was so quick to jump to your lovers side. You'd best watch your words.

Avran,

I'd hate ta see all da blood dat our peoples, da defenders of Andar and the Warrior and Valdanish, Wayside, and Calador, spilled be fur naught because of hasty dreamspeak. Ah hope dis kin be worked out when we meet next without blooshed and wit da respect of warriors and scholars of our respective lands. Ah call you friend and ah hope others kin realize, like ah have, dat you are as much ta be respected as dey are and dat your willinness ta lay down life, limb, and coin shoud allay sum of your more eclecitc humors.

Jehan

For the love of Fortannis... :x can't you all just learn to except that sarcasm is meant for fun... why must every person we know through the mists have to be greeted in a hostile manner by some one or another.... I'm sick of it.

I want you all to step back, look at the useless fighting you are subjecting all the rest of us too and stop. What ever happened to working together not assuming people mean you harm by words that are chosen in jest. Telling some one that they best watch there words is a threat. Stop threatening each other, violence over words is meaningless and stupid, save your fighting for defending the town you so claim to love so much.

We can live in a hateful tension and be worthless in a fight where everyone is needed... or we can stop being foolish and learn to take a joke. If everyone starts hating one another and dividing into groups who don't like each other than we'll never save the town when it comes down to it. I'm not saying it should be all love and flowers but come on people, if you can't work together than we can't rightfully protect this town.

And I tell you... ganging up on some one who is much less seasoned as you would be a dishonorable move indeed... and if that one man wants to make sure that that person is protected than that is the way it is... defending the not so combat oriented folks is what a protector does last I checked...

Right now, I will say... Khale, the past is the past... let the turmoil between us be put to rest cause I thought it already had been. Violence between us is pointless. I will go one defending the weak if you will as well.

Toga, Cazik, and Avaran... Insults and threats tear you apart as friends. Let us not let that happen.

And Jehan is right, bloodshed is not needed. Especially for some one's opinion.... There is my two, four, maybe ten copper.

How many elves does it take to light a campfire?

Oh Great Dragon, NO! Think of the trees!

Dramthin Hartsboon
Simple Keeper of the Tainted Grove

p.s. Eldandiril Zanabanath, I have spoken to you in hubris before, and for that I apologize. Here's to you and your wisdom.

Cazik made no threats and I made no threats.

And i am no friend of Avarans.

Togashin,

I saw no threats fired at you or Cazik either... If you want to take things as threats at every turn, then so be it... but its pointless to do so in this manner. That is, unless you have lumped yourself in with the "Gypsy Free Wayside" group. I never thought you would be so prejudice, if you have. Of all the people I would have thought that you as a Mystic Wood Elf, would know that our people are the least prejudice out of all... we have passion for freedom, and that goes for all races. Not just our own.

I realize that Avaran has put out a vow of protection for Marcena, but I assure you, after reading his dreams over again he had not been addressing you nor Cazik... only those who wish harm and fowl on the Romani that visit us in Briarpass. If he were to come here to protect her directly I would be greatly disappointed in some one for striking him down for fighting for what and who he believes in. It would be like me striking some one down for liking strawberries, when I can't have them... Just not right.

Dramthin,

Your apology is accepted, perhaps we'll speak more on this in person later.

Eldandiril Zanabanath - Thank you. My ears are still short and sometimes (alright, often) I speak before I think. With all the issues Briarpass is facing right now, I should not be adding infighting to the enemy's armaments.

Dramthin Hartsboon
Simple Keeper of the Tainted Grove

Dramthin,

I'm glad that at least one person sees what all this is doing to our side of the fight... it's very bad for morale and I'm sure the other adventurers would like it more if we weren't causing so much turmoil amongst ourselves when we clearly are opening ourselves to a hard attack from our foes. Infighting is weakening our forces, making it easy for us to not be able to work together and therefor easy to take down... this is not a position I would like to see the town in.

Dram,
There is a lot going in in BriarPass. Send me a pigeon and I can give you the run down.
Liddia

Cazik said:
clearly the fog of dreams has made peoples willingness to communicate their blight next to impossible,a welcome reprieve if you ask me.

Cazik yes-

and then their unwillingness to communicate their blight then they create more troubles forthemselves for the lack they thought they had before.

-Cazik yes-

Cazik,
I plan on informing Dram about a lot of things that those who have adventured here know already. The Cross Pick Dwarfs, the two unicorns Lumierre and Skarn, the brood problem, Halgrimson cave and Haley Halgrimson, the undead who made thier way North following Lady Death, the Light Well, the Pool of Limpid Time, the guilds, the Tower, the Sandorian Mountians, HoarFroast and his brothers, the balance of the Planes in BriarPass, Lord Gaelous and Princess Persephonie and anything else that comes to mind. I am pretty sure that you and the others adveturing in BriarPass or others who answered Senchal Rassh's call for help already know. If anyone has any questions regrarding anything listed please fell free to ask.
Liddia FallingStar

Back