DARKON

Tzydl Zhitelava said:
awww david that's just sad...where I come from...if you're not a geek of some standing you're looked at as a redneck which is just as sad....titles and ignorance is no good no matter which way its spread. I think the reason the "normal" people make fun of us "geeks" who LARP is because....they've forgotten how to play make believe and dress up from childhood and it makes them sad so they lash out at those of us who will never lose the inner child that keeps us young and happy! :D

I don't wanna grow up. I'm a Toys R Us kid!

Indeed, and thanks for the support. It is nice even just having these forums because I know there are some people out there who haven't totally lose their creativity. :D

never stop being a kid...thats my motto for life...i still have more legos than most children i know ...and i play with them..

legos are amazing! Just last christmas my Mom was calling me asking what I thought might be good presents... I said legos are always enjoyed. :D

I have a personal love for the origional Star Wars sets...

But to get this back on track yea, more people should learn to be comfortable with things they percieve as childish. Its allot of fun to play dress up and create living story.

<=collects the lego castles....got some for christmas....gets them for birthdays and christmas and wedding anniversary...yup

w00t! we should have a lego party sometime! *thinks* Now LARP legos... now your talking... =P

i was trying to create an Alliance scene with legos but i dont' have elf ears (unless i paint or sharpie some on then you can't see the ears through the hair or hat) and i don't have ogres and orcs since.....they're yellow and green...i have a yoda head though

The problem with making a Documentary being sympathetic or exclusively pro anything comes across as propaganda or just a really long promotional video. The best plan of action when making a doc is to have a question in mind and to explore that question in the film.

For example in "Roger and Me" (a Micheal Moore film) started out as an attack on GM for closing it's factory in a small town in Michigan. The answer to that question was unexpected and helped create an element of surprise that was overall entertaining or interesting to the audience. Or "Bowling for Columbine" where he sought to find out why these kids went out to murder their class mates only to discover an altogether more disturbing answer than originally thought.

A promo video is more like what we need. But again it has to be done well or the original statements of what a bunch of dweebs we all seem will inevitably ensue.

B~>

Jorundr said:
nah mate, the new system is VERY world of warcraft

http://games.slashdot.org/games/08/02/04/180224.shtml

and as Always... Slashdot to the rescue.

I cant post the review or it would be like 20 paragraphs.. but its well worth the read

Good lord. Yeah, about the fact that I will not be giving WotC any more of my money. A bad mechanic may not be the end of a game, but if I wanted to play a 'click the powers in the right order, grab loot, repeat' character, I'd be on WoW.

Sweet! I'd love to be in on that MN DVD if not for the making and editing then for getting filmed. =)

I'm gona be trying to get some vids of me and my friend fooling around but use latex weapons so I wouldn't put that into any Alliance vid...

Back