Dream Magic Item

James Trotta said:
Why so many damage aura on silver sword dreams? I'd like a normal sword for fey. I don't remember if they are immune to magic and silver or only affected by normal though so if you had earth aura and damage aura and earth works on fey then a silver sword would be cool.

Unless somehow fey have been classified as undead, I don't think an earth aura can affect them. If you want a sword against fey, make yourself a monster slayer attuned to fey.

my dream item? start with a lightening wand, and add expanded wand (to add flame), enhanced wand (to increase damage), AA 30, PA 4, purify 1x.

Even if you had a monster slayer Fey, I think you would have to call normal damage type with it (and hope you didn't have it foolishly on a silver sword). Because they are immune to Magic damage any time I've known to deal with them.

That would be a hot wand though lauren. =P

phedre said:
my dream item? start with a lightening wand, and add expanded wand (to add flame), enhanced wand (to increase damage), AA 30, PA 4, purify 1x.

What is it about chicks with big guns that's so hot? ;)

vikingsurvivor said:
Easy. DA 0, arcane armor 30, life 3x day, spirit link, earth aura, perm

I guess this is the true definition of dreaming big: putting 7 rits on a 5-rit item :D.

1 Mercury Golem w/ 4 lightning blasts a day cast on it for good measure.

Just saying.

I want a Scottsword. User has the ability to summon Scott in any of his various PC or NPC incarnations.

jpariury said:
Yeah... I was going to post my dream item, but realized it involved NPC-only rits (Ownership ftw) and funky flaws, and decided it would turn into a weird argument about whether or not the flaws counted as rits, and so on. So I didn't.
Dreamingfurther said:
Sure you can make up anything if you want to. But I figured this made somewhat more sense if we tried to confine ourselves to the "standard" magical item rituals.
Foiled.

Ah, Toddo... would it make it better for you if I were a redhead?

I'd totally drop the Purify off of mine (and find another purify item) if Ownership were a valid PC ritual. That would be HOT.

I have seen spell strike ritual affects. Lazy NPC wizards who want to invest people but not take the time to actually cast the ritual... :D

Obviously not PC controlled... obviously not Spirit Forge and Race Change, and obviously LCO but still, sorta cool.

Just like everything else, it's occasionally terrifying when used sparingly. This is how I feel about most "fantastic" things though (dragons, gryphons, unicorns, obliteration, etc.). For instance -- terrifying is when NJ's big bag of last season -- Mortucal, or however you spell it -- was trying tospellstrike race change Coggin's sarr into a gnoll while picking him up by the scruff of his neck like a kitten. Not so terrifying at this point is the Justicar's axes.

The Justicar's axes WERE hot before the rules change... ;)

And its not that they became worse, its just that other things became better. :?

oh ok, sweet! I hope wizard Justin takes a trip to Icenea and rolls in with some sweet ritual channel obliterates to back us up the next time vampires show up obliterating ppl with a dagger... They can have an obliterate dual! ;)

My dream magic item would be a silver longsword with Damage Aura +2, Earth Aura, Spirit Lock, Spell Strike Earth Storm, and Permanence/Preserve.

For you more intelligent people, about how much gold would a weapon like that cost? What about just the Damage Aura, Earth Aura, and Spirit Lock?

Vry_Young_Pup said:
For you more intelligent people, about how much gold would a weapon like that cost? What about just the Damage Aura, Earth Aura, and Spirit Lock?

Like with many things ritual-driven, it would depend on who has what you want and what their standing is with you. Good friends can simply give items/scrolls up (At least in my experience), while if someone perceives you as an enemy, the cost could be astronomical (If they're even remotely willing to sell what you want to you).

As far as the valuable/hard to get rituals scrolls are concerned however Damage Aura and Earth Aura are pretty high up on that list. Also remember if you want whatever you are going to make to last more than 1 year you need to find a Preserve or Permanence scroll. Preserve is also very valuable but possible to get a hold of. But Permanence is probably up there for one of the most valuable scrolls in the game. (As well as the catalyst for Permanence)

Spirit Lock probably isn't so bad, although Channel spell is definitely a nice scroll was well, but once again probably not SO bad. Monster slayer is quite valuable. Although in NH if you have an earth aura AND a monster slayer on one sword your sort of wasting your time because in NH you can't stack a different type of carrier other than Magic on a monster slayer Undead damage increase.

Back