Dream Magic Item

Vry_Young_Pup said:
My dream magic item would be a silver longsword with Damage Aura +2, Earth Aura, Spirit Lock, Spell Strike Earth Storm, and Monster Slayer (Undead).

For you more intelligent people, about how much gold would a weapon like that cost? What about just the Damage Aura, Earth Aura, and Spirit Lock?

Also, every rit on the list is general or Earth with the Exception of Monster Slayer. That would require a seperate extender just for that 1 rit, so you probably should drop it and bump your Damage aura to +3 to compensate. Besides you play a barbarian, so I doubt the other Barbars would like you as much if you had a spirit locked celestial ritual.

What's the difference between preserve and permanence? And you have a good point about the Monster Slayer.

So there's no rough estimate how much gold a sword with +2 Damage Aura, Earth Aura, Spirit Lock, Spell Strike Earth Storm, and Preserve/Perm cost?

Pantzike said:
Vry_Young_Pup said:
My dream magic item would be a silver longsword with Damage Aura +2, Earth Aura, Spirit Lock, Spell Strike Earth Storm, and Monster Slayer (Undead).

For you more intelligent people, about how much gold would a weapon like that cost? What about just the Damage Aura, Earth Aura, and Spirit Lock?

Also, every rit on the list is general or Earth with the Exception of Monster Slayer. That would require a seperate extender just for that 1 rit, so you probably should drop it and bump your Damage aura to +3 to compensate. Besides you play a barbarian, so I doubt the other Barbars would like you as much if you had a spirit locked celestial ritual.
Monster Slayer's Celestial?

**** that, then.

Okay, my dream item for realz:

For Sevaria --
+8 Dark Elf Reaver, +8 Undead Slayer, +0 DA, Spellstore 18 (Celestial) , Spellstore 18 (Earth), Permanence, Spirit Link

For Evie --
+8 Kin Reaver, +8 Insectiod Slayer, +0 DA, Spellstore 18 (Earth), Prison 6/d Permanence, Spirit Lock

whoa, Prison 6/d is six rits there girl. ;)

Anyways Albert there is STRONG difference between Preserve and Permanence. Preserve means the rituals it is cast upon only last for 5 years. Permanence means they last forever.

As far as a rough estimate in gold for all those things (IF anyone would be willing to sell them for gold). 100's. Damage aura can be as much as 90 gold. I would expect Earth Aura could easily go for 60+. Preserve is in the 100+ range and I doubt Permanence (and the Permanence catalyst) could even be given a gold value number.

But yea Monster Slayer is celestial. Anyways, and item or weapon like this is totally an end game piece of magical equipment... Expect years of work to find these things, if ever.

Vry_Young_Pup said:
What's the difference between preserve and permanence? And you have a good point about the Monster Slayer.

So there's no rough estimate how much gold a sword with +2 Damage Aura, Earth Aura, Spirit Lock, Spell Strike Earth Storm, and Preserve/Perm cost?

This is a rough estimate because i don't have the scrolls in front of me to figure the actual reagents needed for each, and don't remember is Spirit lock needs a Catalyst, but here's what I'd guess for rough estimate:
I'd guess about 35 reagents, at 2g per=70g
DA and EA both about 40g each, Channel is about 15g, so there's 105g.
Preserve is about 50g and a Permanence set probably 125g if you find someone who's even willing to sell it and they like you.
Spirit lock probably 35g, again finding someone who'll sell one.

So for a 5-year version (assuming no catalyst for the Lock) 260g, for the permanence call it 340g. Again, very rough based solely on what I've seen these scrolls sell for down through the years on average.

Prices are probably higher on the EC where ppl probably have more coin too.

Unless it's changed significantly recently, Spirit Lock doesn't need a catalyst.

Dreamingfurther said:
whoa, Prison 6/d is six rits there girl. ;)

I've got boobs. Doesn't that make me get more rits?

No, but if you wear a low cut blouse it gives you Feeblemind at will vs all male heterosexual players :D .

Dreamingfurther said:
Anyways Albert there is STRONG difference between Preserve and Permanence. Preserve means the rituals it is cast upon only last for 5 years. Permanence means they last forever.

As far as a rough estimate in gold for all those things (IF anyone would be willing to sell them for gold). 100's. Damage aura can be as much as 90 gold. I would expect Earth Aura could easily go for 60+. Preserve is in the 100+ range and I doubt Permanence (and the Permanence catalyst) could even be given a gold value number.

But yea Monster Slayer is celestial. Anyways, and item or weapon like this is totally an end game piece of magical equipment... Expect years of work to find these things, if ever.

Maxondaerth said:
This is a rough estimate because i don't have the scrolls in front of me to figure the actual reagents needed for each, and don't remember is Spirit lock needs a Catalyst, but here's what I'd guess for rough estimate:
I'd guess about 35 reagents, at 2g per=70g
DA and EA both about 40g each, Channel is about 15g, so there's 105g.
Preserve is about 50g and a Permanence set probably 125g if you find someone who's even willing to sell it and they like you.
Spirit lock probably 35g, again finding someone who'll sell one.

So for a 5-year version (assuming no catalyst for the Lock) 260g, for the permanence call it 340g. Again, very rough based solely on what I've seen these scrolls sell for down through the years on average.
Thanks both of you for your answers. I guess I should start saving my gold instead of giving it away.. :lol:

If I get a preserve, and during that 5 years I get a perm scroll, would it be possible to do the permanence on it after it's already been made?

Vry_Young_Pup said:
If I get a preserve, and during that 5 years I get a perm scroll, would it be possible to do the permanence on it after it's already been made?

unfortunately no you couldn't do that.

Also, keep in mind if you are actually making yourself a supper sword/spear/whatever you can have up to 20 rits on the item. So you don't have to limit yourself so much. Multiple activates and multiple spell strikes can be awesome.

Dreamingfurther said:
Vry_Young_Pup said:

unfortunately no you couldn't do that.

Also, keep in mind if you are actually making yourself a supper sword/spear/whatever you can have up to 20 rits on the item. So you don't have to limit yourself so much. Multiple activates and multiple spell strikes can be awesome.
Yeah, if channel is only about 15 gold, I'm definitely going to get a bunch of actives or spell strikes.

if you npc in ohio you can earn the scrolls and comps (though it will be local chapter only). You can even get a perm scroll. I think there may be other chapters that do this too.

This is great for people like me who dont get much treasure in game, because you can eventually get almost any item you want with enough npcing and goblining.

your item would be

35 reagents (you get the comps to cast at lowest difficulty with each scroll) so more like 20 needed (4 npc events 2000 gobbies)
DA- 2 npc events 500 gobbies
Earth Aura- 2 npc events 500 gobbies
Perm- 5 npc events 500 gobbies (1 per person ever)
Perm catalyst- 2 npc events 500 gobbies

15 npc events and 4000 gobbies. Not bad for an awsome LCO permanent item of your dreams.

Though this is rough estiate on components since I dont have all of those scrolls.

oops almost forgot. All Preserved and permanenced items are automaticly spirit locked, in Ohio's goblining policy so you get that one for free.

Hah.. channel for 15 gold.

If someone is buying your channel scroll for 15 gold I will buy it for double that.

Spellstrike = awesome.

Indeed

Sunnfire said:
Hah.. channel for 15 gold.

If someone is buying your channel scroll for 15 gold I will buy it for double that.

Spellstrike = awesome.
Hey, I was just going by what Maxondaerth told me.

As I said, Maxondaerth's estimates may be fine. But I think he plays mid-west or west-coast where the game isn't so old, so there is not so much gold to go around. Hence a bit lower prices. That's all :)

agreed, spellstrike = awesome.

Back