Dream Magic Item

Just for fun:
Let's say you are making a magic item. You have a budget of five rituals. (Yes, I know you can have twenty on one item, but really, who can afford twenty scrolls?) What would your item be and what rituals would you choose? What if it wasn't a weapon?

Do we have to include the extender in the five rits, and is there a cap on what level they can be cast to if they are scaling rits?

Okay then: (celestial item) Spell Store 15, Spell Store 15, Ward x1, (Spell Strike if in weapon) Magic Storm x1, Arcane Armor 30. Spell stores are a C-templars BEST FRIEND EVAR!!!

Earth item: Purify x3, Cure Mort x2, all Channeled if in weapon form or activate if not.

Probably the way I would go. If not maybe, maybe perm dodge 3 times a day, prison 1 time a day (or life 1 time a day)

Gee-Perwin said:
Permanent dodge 5 times a day. Oh wait, guess it would have to be 4 dodges since permanence counts as a ritual. A good defense is the best offense, amirite?

It did say "dream" magic item. Me, I just have more realistic dreams :D. Otherwise those'd be Greater spell stores :lol: .

Yeah... I was going to post my dream item, but realized it involved NPC-only rits (Ownership ftw) and funky flaws, and decided it would turn into a weird argument about whether or not the flaws counted as rits, and so on. So I didn't.

well that takes all the fun out of it... :lol:

obcidian_bandit said:
You might want to keep it to items that are possible.
(Times per day skill stores don't exist.)

Damage Aura +2 (on a silvered blade), Protection Aura 4, 30 point Arcane Armor, Spell Store (C) 10 (I'm not greedy), Permanent Duration.
-toddo

AA 25, Spell Store 15, Spell Store 15, DA +3, Spirit Lock (spell stores ftw for celestial adept too)

Now that would be assuming only 5 rits. Because in all honesty the thing I would most love to have would be a 10+ rit item just piled high with cloaks. But you need lots of cloaks to make that work, so that really is the sort of item that is "out" with only 5 rits...

Ren Suzume said:
Just for fun:
Let's say you are making a magic item. You have a budget of five rituals. (Yes, I know you can have twenty on one item, but really, who can afford twenty scrolls?) What would your item be and what rituals would you choose? What if it wasn't a weapon?

You haven't been to the mid-coast, have you? There are people who bust their butts to make 20-rits....

Oh we have em out here on the EC too, but I like that the question on this thread has a limit, with 20 rits you can put pretty much anything you want and it's less interesting. 5 rits forces you to triage. And apparently David is happy to just have a one year item. :p

Ok, five rituals?

On a silvered blade - Damage Aura <+3>, Spellstrike Prison, Arcane Armor <25>, Protection Aura 4, Permanent Duration

This might be an odd answer but I'd take a Silvered Bow with a +3 Earth Aura, +3 Ice Aura, a one per day life, a permanance of course, and lets see...a 30 point suit of AA

One other item I'd take is this:

+8 Turtle Reaver, +8 Vampire Reaver, Earth Aura, Bane Command, Permanent Duration.

I love you Dave. :)

Lurin said:
This might be an odd answer but I'd take a Silvered Bow with a +3 Earth Aura, +3 Ice Aura, a one per day life, a permanance of course, and lets see...a 30 point suit of AA

You'd need two extenders on that Since Earth Aura is Earth Aspect and Elemental Aura is Celestial aspect. Also, Earth/Chaos Aura and Elemental Aura don't add +damage. (unless the rits were modified this edition)
-toddo

I'd be okay with it if the Turtle Reaver was an elemental call for damage, you are welcome to stack all the reavers you want against lurin.....

Protection Aura 4, Spellstore (huge as big as I can get it), Permanence, Spirit Link, Streghthen?

Back