Dryad Race

wouldn't it be fun to find a baby dryad??? like OOH we found him under a rock....no literally we found him under a rock HEHEHEHEHEHEH

lukeskywkr said:
My girlfriend and I both plan on playing Dryads at the first possible event and I think the RP is gonna be awesome. Will things like where baby dryads come from be explained in the race packet?

"I speak for the trees"

They come from the same place (or in the same manner) as the other races. Drayds aren't plant scavvies, so no seeds or taking leaf cuttings.

oncei get my costume together if someone tried to clip something off of me i might hit them ...seriously HEHEHEHEHEH

Fearless Leader said:
The race packet is being worked on, but I am pretty certain that, as a race, they have sex and babies just like all the other races.
Other races don't have sex! Babies come from cabbage patches! My mommy said so! Just, you know, the cells didn't differentiate as well with dryads as others.

Oh no...

I could just see someone like Baron Ivan giving a sex talk to a new adventurer.

Or a Stone Elf.

I am going to have fun playing a dryad, although i'm not sure if I'll play one before or after my stone elf healer.

Decisions decisions.

Jim - Dryads are just a bunch of tree huggers!

the hippies of fortannis

This was actually adressed at the National event:
"I'm sorry no one's explained this to you, but... when a man and a woman love each other very much..."
- the Barkskin dryad, played by Sean Metzler

won't serve DRYADS???? good heavens what's not to trust????

Tzydl Zhitelava said:
won't serve DRYADS???? good heavens what's not to trust????

Never seen one before, don't know what they're all about. Oh, they can say whatever they want but all I have is their word on things. Heck, I'd serve a kobold before I'd serve a dryad. At least I know what a kobold is about and where he's coming from.

In a world of adventure where the guy next to you could be the worst necromancer ever known, I prefer to try and be as safe as possible. There have been enough 'infestations' where plant-like creatures had infected PC's with some sort of parasitic vegitation - how do I know that this new race isn't the end result?

Just because they're a new PC race doesn't mean that they should instantly be trusted simply because they went through logistics with me.

::Just giggles out loud!::: TOO FUNNY....just remember if you treat them badly and you're down on the battlefield and one walks by with a life spell but doesn't heal you because you treated them like the plague....well then...you may die...heheheheh

i feel the same way about humans and barbarians though...my character doesn't trust a barbarian as far as she could throw one...and humans????? heck they're the ones that cursed the land she is trying to live on!!! she likes the few humans she knows but dislikes almost all barbarians except two...

so far she only likes ONE biata....go figure...

we have two biata...i only like one....

we have 10 barbarians or more...i only like two.....there's a huge group of barbarians at one event i thought they were taking over the town. there are about ....7+gypsies...tons of humans...lots of elves and mwes...the funny thing is that where i come from the humans get an automatic race plot the minute they logist in deadlands HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH ...is funny

Yeah, I'm kind of looking forward to the role-playing fun we might have when dryads appear. For instance, my magistrate will have to deal with the question of whether they are "people" and thus subject to our laws. Should be fun.

whether or not they're people...well i suppose a demonstration of how they procreate would be inappropriate for proof of person-ness. lets see what makes a person distinct and applicable to laws?

Fearless Leader said:
Yeah, I'm kind of looking forward to the role-playing fun we might have when dryads appear. For instance, my magistrate will have to deal with the question of whether they are "people" and thus subject to our laws. Should be fun.

yes! put them in the stocks and I will serenade them :D

why would we torture these poor creatures???? they just got here! let's not scare them off hehehehe

Back