Evaluatable Items and tags representing their worth

EricMarsters said:
Lurin said:
Maxondaerth said:
Dave, I went back through and the only other "con" I really saw that was directed towards this specific idea and not just the problem in general other than "The list already works when it's there, why rock the boat?" was your point about sapping chapters for coin. While I admit this is a valid potential concern, it's already a concern with the system as-is, and how is that different than if I show up at your logistics with 100 Cause Mort potions from Ohio and Merchant on my card asking for coin, or show up with 300g worth of alchemy, sell it to your local players, then come back to Ohio with all your coin? I mean, if the 100g swan shows up and someone wants a workshop, give them a workshop and a tag for a swan worth 90g. Problem solved.

I think if I had a problem player doing something like trying to sell me 100 potions via merchant, I'll just require them to be properly repped to be accepted to at least lower my costs :mrgreen:

Hey,

We've never required that of you in Chicago... thanks for the idea though. :D Just for owners, though... :twisted:

I'd like to think you'd count me as an honorary local and not a traveler :p. The point is not to require it all the time, and I don't think I'd ever be in a situation where I'd actually demand it, but the balance is there if someone is trying to bigfoot my coin supply.

Lurin said:
I'd like to think you'd count me as an honorary local and not a traveler :p. The point is not to require it all the time, and I don't think I'd ever be in a situation where I'd actually demand it, but the balance is there if someone is trying to bigfoot my coin supply.

Sweet, does that mean we can occasionally demand that any tags handed out for production come properly repped? :)

Wraith said:
Lurin said:

Sweet, does that mean we can occasionally demand that any tags handed out for production come properly repped? :)

You can demand it, no promises but in SoMN this year we didn't drop a single piece of unrepped loot all year, I'm rather proud of that achievement, this does not include merchants selling items etc. but all of the actual dropped loot was fully repped (including actual gas globe packets on every single tag etc.) Although I'd love to figure out a better way to rep vorpal coatings then to have them in a vial, maybe find some unbranded wet wipe packages or something....

Lurin said:
You can demand it, no promises but in SoMN this year we didn't drop a single piece of unrepped loot all year, I'm rather proud of that achievement, this does not include merchants selling items etc. but all of the actual dropped loot was fully repped (including actual gas globe packets on every single tag etc.) Although I'd love to figure out a better way to rep vorpal coatings then to have them in a vial, maybe find some unbranded wet wipe packages or something....

Weapons and armor too? ;-)

tieran said:
Lurin said:

Weapons and armor too? ;-)

all that we put out, I think we dropped 4 weapons and two shields so far this year.

You seriously sent out reps for regular production weapons and shields?

tieran said:
You seriously sent out reps for regular production weapons and shields?
If I remember correctly, they were NPC camp weapon reps that were returned at the end of the event.

Back