Event Review: One down, Six to go

Status
Not open for further replies.
1. Post your favorite moments
The only mod that I went on, lol (Home guard). I really like town mods in general and the one I went on was pretty fun.
Seeing all of the new characters really getting into the game. It was refreshing to hear the stories of old friends and the massive amounts of lore that's out there.
Target practice. I'm surprised to see my 'practice session' in the forums come to life.
2. Post your less favorite moments (if we don't know, we can not fix)
Forgetting the grinder so I can get that redcap
Not being able to enjoy my suggestion for the obstacle course. That looked fun!
Even though I was there for a very short time, throughout the day it was slow.
3. What you would like to see more of
I'm glad to see the tavern split in half for the event and being used for other mods. I would hope it sticks around for next event.
More obstacle courses!
4. Give us a moment from the perspective of your character
---
5. Please add your thoughts on things we need to review for the 2.0 ruleset
I'll agree, I sometimes find myself doing the same with my incants and sending out my packets. More practice! :)

Getting angry at Calan on Friday night. Leading to really good RP for the rest of the weekend.
The kobold mod was lots of fun!

The weekend felt a bit slow for me but that can totally be just because of how involved I am with plot at the moment. It’s great that lots of things are happening towards the main goal right now, but if you aren’t apart of that then there isn’t really anything too much to do.

The gobbies for completing this. I haven’t received any yet for any of these.
Smaller mods. The large ones are great and lots of fun, but it would be nice to see more smaller ones too.
Merchants coming through town. Our resources are running low and we need to get resupplied. We don’t always have our crafty PCs at game.
Mods with puzzles and RP

Rohnan had been growing nervous. Phal had gotten into her head and it was now getting late and she had yet to see either Jinn or Calan. ‘Where are they?’ She asked to herself as she fiddled with her necklace. Finally Jinn came strolling along without a care. Alone. He hadn’t seen Calan. Calan was missing. The only constant in her life for the last thousand years just decided to up and walk away.

Rohnan saw Calan walking into town with Dam and didn’t know weather to celebrate or hit him. Later she did the latter, and then yelled at him a lot. Not really paying attention to the words that she was saying, but hoping that they hurt him a bit in the same way that she was currently hurting.

She stormed out of the house leaving him behind wards that he wasn’t invested into. Hopefully thinking about what he has done.

Was it the surprise that caught you off guard/didn't like? Because quite often things happen that didn't go as planned/that we didn't expect.
It was the expectation that I was going to miss out, and I just had to wait, and then we were caught off guard, meanwhile, I had to stuff away, go back to where I was in RP, and then react. It was a bit of a weird feeling, as if we were supposed to stay behind, but plans changed, and- well, aside from a gross tangle of emotions, change is difficult for me to process sometimes, being autistic and all. Ambushes are fine, it was probably fine in the long run, but boy did it confuse me and think the other realm was closer than it was. I was hiding in the Earth Weavers Tent, writing in my journal (phone was all I had, hence I had to put it away, and yes, I know that it probably wasn't the best idea to have it out then, but I was expecting that because I was low level and weak I wouldn't get action that night, and I wanted to write things down, and wait in the EW tent to heal when they got back. It was also in a relatively safe place. If a monster charged into the tent, there would be bigger issues than my phone in a durable case bouncing off the grass safely.), then suddenly stuff is happening, and I have no idea how dangerous the situation we have been ambushed in is. It's hard to put to words, but I'll take half the blame for the confusing time I had then. I'm new, and didn't understand fully what was going on. Half of what I wrote for what was good and bad was my fault, and I'm not sure how you guys could recreate/prevent it in the future.

Still, had an overall great experience that weekend, regardless of confusion and off guard happenings.

I also never told anyone they couldn't go to the reaches because they 'weren't powerful enough' I will take anyone. Also while game is on, monsters will come out from many different places, something to be prepared for.
Other people were saying I should stay behind. And I'm glad I did, each monster had several eviscerates or hundred point damage swings per life. Plus, if I was downed, and we had successfully closed off the realm, that's a permadeath right there on my first event. We didn't, and I didn't go, but I don't really have defenses for that sort of thing.

Other people were saying I should stay behind. And I'm glad I did, each monster had several eviscerates or hundred point damage swings per life. Plus, if I was downed, and we had successfully closed off the realm, that's a permadeath right there on my first event. We didn't, and I didn't go, but I don't really have defenses for that sort of thing.

6 people died when we closed the last realm. No perma deaths.

Realms do take some time to close, so there was no chance of a character who isn't pulling stones of permanently dying that night even if we were successful; if they closed instantly, about 20 people would be stuck in Oricellion's realm right now. ;)

Realms do take some time to close, so there was no chance of a character who isn't pulling stones of permanently dying that night even if we were successful; if they closed instantly, about 20 people would be stuck in Oricellion's realm right now. ;)
Ah, fair enough. Well, there's always the fear that you get left behind and the page of existence is ripped apart from your home, and your soul has no way of getting home, or maybe your body, or whatever, but basically that. Guess that's not how it works though.

1. I think my favorite part of the weekend was being healed by Aithusa after all the years of having the blood marks
2. I enjoyed the Drake fight but I felt that it did leave a lot of out PC's off to the side because they couldn't hit hard enough but I did also bring most of the town
3. More inter guild mods would be nice, unless its a big town mod we haven't really had a two guild mod like the HO and Sanctum or HG and Weavers or something where they both need something from the same place and need each other to get around obstacles
4. "SARRYN" Baibh yells "The dragon Aithusa wants to see you" coming out from the woods where he was laying in wait for the redcaps and other beasts of the night after meditating on lost friends Sarryn drops the hood of his cloak "Aithusa wants to see me?" Sarryn questions. "Ya come on shes waiting in the tavern" walking into the tavern and seeing the whole town gathered Sarryn quickly takes the seat he is directed too after bowing to Aithusa. Hearing that Aithusa is going to heal the marks that he has carried for what has felt like an eternity Sarryn holds back tears as he watches her cut herself and spread the blood over the marks and they disappear. Feeling his life energy come back to him Sarryn manages to whisper a choked out "Thank you" before we ask Aithusa anything on our mind.
5. Really enjoying how much more streamlined it is

Running from the giant boulders-sooooooo much fun I love this mechanic and wouldn't mind it getting snuck in other unexpected times. like id love to be walking through the commons when some sort of giant walks in and starts tossing boulders around for no apparent reason.
jinn demonstrating his expert trap skills
being thrown into my room behind multiple wards I wasn't invested in so that I couldn't interact with Dam any further. - pretty much any rp that followed as a result.
standing face to face with a Fae vampire lord and living to tell the tale- it was the most intense game openings I have ever experienced coming to game I was prepared for everything from you wondered around a month for nothing to you're dead or your a vampire now.- while I was a little sad that I didn't get to roll into town sporting my red contacts the conversation that followed was a lot of fun and took me by surprise.
I want to preface this with I still had a great time regardless as to how negative the following may sound. I will also try and throw in some possible solutions. The reaches this month were brutal in a whole new way. I know it's supposed to be dark and terrible and dangerous I have no problem with that at all. I found that I was frustrated by the constant 500 body being swung. In one case I fead over 100 damage into a beast and it was still coming at me swinging heavy when I was finally able to drop a beast it just popcorned back again only a few feet away. this made this mission feel unwinnable right off the hop. as a solution, I would have liked to have seen some variation in the monster strength everything swinging for an eviscerate was a bit much, and killing them only to have to endure it again seconds later frankly made me feel like packing it in for the night. on top of variation to monster size, I feel it would have been better if they came out in waves over popcorning. I get that its a beast realm and there are countless beasts but even in cases like this, there should be some sort of reprieve even if it's only for as little as a minute. one of the things I also really didn't like was in once case while I was down I knelt because I had a sword on my head and the NPC continued to strike me. Their argument was that they were a mindless beast and would continue to attack even once a foe had fallen and while that may be the case I just felt it was bad form. Also during this fight, there were more than one occasion where I was machine gun attacked by NPCs. I know there was a combat camp this game for NPCs maybe make sure to explain that the sword has to strike a different location each hit and that its 3 in and out. Finally, I was also frustrated by this fight because going in we were specifically told not to run at full tilt in the field but it seemed that the NPCs did not get that same memo so while I was just trying to carefully jog I was being charged by Npcs who were full out running. this puts the Pcs in a position where they either have to run and ignore the safety warning we were given or die. this could be solved by giving everyone a gentle reminder not to full tilt run, and perhaps demonstrate a safe speed for night time running. I know this is challenging because some of us can run way faster than others but I feel its worth addressing to some capacity.
Mods- I do my best to go out on things as much as possible. this weekend I couldn't find any lairs - insta-mods were addressed at game so I won't bring that up.
Maybe it was because of how the camp was this weekend but it felt like the mine, the reaches and bright more mod were all that really happened. Id have loved to see more townsfolk, and not just I'm sitting by the fire to rest towns folk genuine fishbowls felt scarce this weekend. it would be nice to see more people in town to sell things, find things ask for favors, spread rumors and so on.
Calan sat by the fire after one of the most horrible nights hed ever experienced which said a lot because he had a number of truly horrific nights in his past. He was frustrated by having run into what felt like a no win situation. any plan they had going in seemed to have gone out the window. The fire was warm on his face and his nerves had calmed. Gabrielle sat a little way away. He knew he had absolutly no chance in gaining her favor but the attempt was a welcome distraction. one after another he asked her seemingly innocuous questions in an attempt to get to know her. After all he thought what is the worst that could happen.

So many. Fighting up the hill with a wall at the top, the drake fight, the double nature of HG missions where there's more going on than is apparent, Cory's RP as an undead Biata climbing into the cauldron

Going into Balinox's realm, we had people under attack from 2-3 NPCs before they finished rifting in. Were they waiting for us? how'd they know when/where we would arrive?

HG/BG combo missions! I absolutely loved slipping off to do a little covert raid on the town hall. Also, having the tavern cut in half made mealtimes more cozy. When we have the whole tavern, everyone tends to spread out a lot more, and spontaneous conversation is less likely. Not that many people willingly/spontaneously converse with Barra, but still...

The voice of the goblin clerk droned on, something about making an appointment? We don't have time for this, I thought. "Solveig, how about we cut through this bureaucratic ********?" I said, hefting his sword suggestively. At her nod, I flicked a spell at the clerk, and bands of force enmeshed it, binding her to her chair.

All good!

oing into Balinox's realm, we had people under attack from 2-3 NPCs before they finished rifting in. Were they waiting for us? how'd they know when/where we would arrive?
Just a quick reply. The portal is a glowing beacon in the lands. It is filled, nearly to capacity with beasts. So yes, they saw the portal and attacked.

I had a lot. I will say this was my favorite event of the past few years absolutely, from the Drake fight (Thanks again Cory) to Brightmore, to the Reaches to the RP moments with everyone. I liked getting to know the new players that I did (You guys are friggin rocking it), to holding the rear of the battle with Stig during the Reaches, one of the benefits of this latest character is that I finally have an excuse to really play with Scott, and that is -super- important to me.

My absolute favourite moment was a quiet one that delved deeply into my character's background, which he keeps very close to his chest (Two people know in game) and I had a beautiful RP moment where my character took over IG and went against what I was thinking OOG. Really, really good immersion this month.

I have also adored the focus on the Homeguard this season, I feel like they've really been revitalized and that is all on the plot writers right now, you guys rock! I have been really impressed with how this season has added in the 'other' side to the Home Guard coin and how the writing has intertwined our mods to run at the same time but have separate objectives. Kudos.

The one thing I had an issue with I brought up at the meeting but will also reiterate here, I saw during fights probably half a dozen times when an NPC called a resolute, took a few more hits and then walked off. I'm not worried about what happens if they're calling multiple defenses from multiple attacks from a lot of people, but it seemed like perhaps the rules for the ability weren't clear. That's about it though.

More of the same! This month was outstanding and I was really impressed with NPCs and PCs alike!

"Don't worry Baibh, she'll be back." Solveig said quietly to the portly ginger sitting next to her, her tone worried and tense.

"She F*cking better." He replied, his eyes unblinking, staring at the earth circle across from the two of them, rocking softly in his seat he gripped one of his shortswords in both hands; his right around his handle and his left digging into the blade, blood running onto his pants and the seat below. "If she doesn't, there will be people dead before the end of the night, I f*cking swear it.... not again Solveig... not f*cking again."

"I know Baibh... I know.."

HUUUUUGE fan. I've been running a skirmishing fighter this season and I've yet to need a magical item or really many magical defenses in battle, I feel like the 2.0 ruleset has really taken the class and smoothed it out with all the others to a good point of balance. I have also enjoyed how personalized each one of our fighters are, I don't feel like anyone is the 'cookie cutter' version of their class anymore, ie the differences between Baibh, Stig, Talon, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back