Favorites June 2009

Ezri

Knight
Normally I wait for somebody else to start this thread, but I just had to post my absolute favorite of the weekend:

Faces new and old.

This weekend we had some players return who hadn't played in quite some time, and we had an AWESOME batch of newbies in NPC camp. Everybody contributed to a really positive atmosphere this weekend and I had a great time. So thank you to all the players that came out this event.

-Michelle

I had a blast of a weekend it was absolutely amazing. I always seem to have a ton of fun when I go to Headquarters to PC even if I am getting my butt kicked left and right. I am positive you will all be dealing with more of my character at future events, I can't wait till I get a little higher level so I can stand my own even better. Here is the what I could think of for my own likes and dislikes for the event

GREAT WEATHER, swimming on Saturday was one of the best ideas ever.

Getting more in touch with just who Vincent Tarethial is, I really feel like I am building this whole other person.

The Wedding FIshbowl was amazing and I had a TON of fun getting involved with it. And to the New NPCs involved in that, They acted like Professionals as if they been in the game for years, I didn't wanna believe it was there first event.

Staying up for more than 24 hours.

All around seeing the Alliance crew and everyone that plays. Every event is filled with Laughs and fun, and damn you smokers guild at 4:30am, My stomach still hurts from laughing too hard.

The fire pit and cooking out, Chris's howl should have attracted wild animals to us...too bad it didn't lol

Getting Cursed! Man it's annoying but that was fun, your lucky I like intoxication potions.

Role Play....This is the game to do it in, and it's always AWESOME.

Luigi just running up and wrecking the fire elemental bill was playing, Man I wanted to fishbowl that but it was kinda funny watching him just rush in and blast bill apart.

Newbies!!!!!!! you guys did great and NPC's you guys ROCK!. Thank you all again

Dislikes: I really don't have any cept minor screw ups of mine.

Screwing up a fishbowl because of in and out of game distractions. I got alot of heat for it, In game that is^^

Mods! Wish I coulda gotten myself into a Mod. I did one with a party but it was short and sweet, Maybe next time I'll be more pro active about it since I do really like going on Mods with an adventuring party.

The last wave was amazing, too bad I missed all of it cept the first 2 minutes. Was welee'd the entire battle inside a cabin. EH better luck next time.

AS ALWAYS ALLIANCE, That was amazing and thank you all again for another AMAZING event. You'll be sure to see me at many more events. And I have finally started my arsenal of weaponry, hopefully I'll be making quality sticks soon.

Thank you all again for another amazing time.

-Jeremy

I would like to start off by saying that this was an amazing weekend!

My favorites:

Getting looked to by the new players as someone who know the game! (even though it was only my 4th event)

The two made up on the spot fish bowls:
First the siblings trying to pay pc's to kill one another for their family fortune! even though i got caught it was fun.
Second the Gypsy stone elf wedding. Though i went longer then the half an hour we where only supposed to take, it was great to get so many PC's involved with it!

my redhead space heat from keeping me warm while I was outside with the smoker guild.

playing an autistic Biata Friday night! I love playing those role and the PC's are always fun to role play with when your "not right in the head"

Getting turn to a werewolf by the NPC's in the mod i was hooking, then ending up win the healers guild like i always do!

late nights in npc camp, always a good time.

It was just an over all amazing event I really just can say that enough! I love NPCing with everyone I NPC'd with!!!
I cant wait for the next event!

Heather
neo kuh

I had a great time at the event. Thank You Faire Play, Staff, Plot and NPCs.

-seeing so many new NPCs doing an awesome job

-playing a spellcaster as a PC for my first time. at first I was really depressed, like "what did i do?", but I got more into it by sunday. i got into some fun throw downs with Patrick, Danny P, and Bill. thanks gents

-Luigie. Friday Night i got real depressed that i didn't play my primary. it was really cool getting to hang out anyway and get to know him again as a completely different character.

-the squires meeting getting blown up. when amelia stood up i thought she was about to throw some dragon magic! it has been talked about for years and now i can say i was there when it finally happened.

-all the crazy things happening to poor Obadiyah. metzler is my hero.

-successfully summoning Sun Li Kai, twice.

-All Things Sophie "Our Lady of Trellheim"

-seeing freakin Find'rth in war machine mode. insane phys rep Scott, mad props

-chillin with Quallon, Henry H is one of the most quality role players that i know.

-jumping ship to play the Karid with Chazz and Ted, trading insults with professional diss merchants, looking forward to calling Paul Foisy and telling him about it, thanks Michelle and Toddo for being cool with it

-Brian B (aka Ignatious)

This event i think is by far my favorite!

Friday night's role play with Wynter. Every one was so suprised to see two Roma rolling on the ground over a damn Diary...lol

Trying to keep Jarrin out of the healer's guild after he almost overdosed himself with fudge...James I love RP with you!

Saturday's swimming party...we were all ready then the page comes up saying every one was in trouble...when we got there they were fine....it was fun though.
Then the actualy swimming. It felt so good! Meg that was a great Idea. Sorry you lost a contact James.... :?

The nice talk with Cuar. He deffinitly cleared a little bit up for Lanna. And he let her into his mind a little. Thanks Chris.

Seeing Dragonflys...that were rainning on people...LOL. Then going to the healer's guild and telling Amy there was a dragonfly on her shoulder. "Lanna. Vat did Jarrin give you?" "Jarrin gave me nozing. Cuar gave it to me."

Emily's Sarr being totaly gone at the Elf party. Emily playing with her like that was amazing. I'm glad I made your night by doing that.

Saturday night when we were in the smoker's guild. James being in my head(totaly oog). Me freaking out then bringing it into game cause I realized as I was walking away I was heading twards a large group of people....Oops...

Sunday's wave battle was so funny. Paranoia poison...Thanks Mike E.... Then running back into the battle and watching the NPC's face when I go '12 normal, 2 normal, 2 normal' gotta love those alchemy coatings.

All in alll it was an absolutly amazing event.

-Hearing the shouting match between Luigi and Mugg Friday night as I was bringing stuff down to the cabin.

-Friday night soldier talks about the destruction of the homestone. In fact, just having a good chunk of the squad together again. I love my team so much. You guys really make the game so much more fun for me, which is saying quite a lot. I love the dynamic, the comradery, second opinions, kicking butt together and then roleplaying our own off afterwards.

-Creating Healer's Guild drama. We have such an interesting mix of personalities in that group that when we clash on something it's like an explosion of awesome.

-Thou shalt fight prickness without cessation.

-The look on Sun-Li Kai’s face when he heard how old Sun was and all the comments about how people should ask her parents if she could go on a module, not her.

-Watching Obadiah fight trolls without cessation and protest too much about spirit linked weapons.

-Receiving a bunch of flowers from Tetsu... roots and all.

-The Karid busting in on the auction and all the insult hilarity that ensued.

-The grilling of Muggins. Holy cow, we might as well have poured barbeque sauce on him and flipped him over a couple times. Much as Sophie did not like the situation at all I was very impressed by the level of roleplay that went on in that room.

-Partaking in the tea ceremony. New flavor of tea: Walk in the woods on a late autumn morning. The ritualistic serving of it. Chatting with Joaquin and Sun-Li Kai over a cup of it.

-Singing Saturday night at stupid o’clock.

-Getting quasi-backpacked by Aislynn and Sun-Li Kai! As someone who usually does the backpacking it was a very cool feeling to be on the receiving end of that.

What an amazing weekend. I was incredibly busy and had some incredible roleplay from PCs and NPCs. There was a point on Saturday where I was showering and thinking "I must get back into game... I don't want to miss anything".

-Mugg's argument with one of his mentors: THE Luigie. :eek: Probaly some of the most intense rp to come out with me in a while.
-Meeting other Hoblings. Ever since I decided to go the racial hero route, I've looked forward to meeting and roleplaying with other Hobling NPCs. The HQ plot team wrote up some truly talented Hobling characters. Thank you so much!
-The werebear/troll mod. I couldnt beleive how fast that module went. Gebous is truly an amazing Hobling.
-The bottle module. We all left that encounter saying: No way it was too easy only to have the bottle blow up in our faces! Lucky for elemental shields!
- Meeting Ignatious of the Vex squad for the first time. A long time ago, Brian and I never really could figure out if the two could get along but now we know! And seeing him tell off that soldier and Amelia's NPC just rolling with it too was hilarious.
-Chilling with my Deadlands homeboy Heresy. Take a relatively active earth scholar with an incredible scout and watch what happens!
-Watching Drenten, badass of the hunt, take out Hadley's creation and then Hadley. That guy is a much better rogue then me!
-Spending time with Mee-Wee crew! I love hanging out with you guys! Watching Pickles get embarrassed just talking to me was especially fun!
-Getting some real pointed questions from the Healer's Guild and remaining completely calm while I provided an extremely detailed account of Mugg's darker years.
-Playing the Karid was a blast! Gilwing (Dave), Drenten (Mike) and Tetsu (Justin) had me rolling. Also I liked Pickles "solution" to getting rid of us.
-Tetsu growing chops and attacking Hadley Moostream in the name of his uncle. You make a hobling uncle proud... now where's that gold you picked up?
-Hanging out with the Sun-Li Kai tea hour at the wee hours of the morning on Sunday. You'd know if you were there!

-And earning a Lordship as Mugg! Now I can help the financial future of Icenia and make all of Fairedale prosper!

My favorites were the New Players/NPCS...they all quickly grasped the basics and even requested to do some roleplaying before we could even offer it to them!

They were absolutely the best on my Rich Murderous Siblings fishbowl, along with the return of the veteran Karl Weaver and then outdid themselves in the Wedding Fishbowl.

The new people were simply awesome and a wonderful addition to the LARPing world.

Some other favorites of mine:

The way the Archer (I didn't get your name, good sir, and I apologize) set up my NPC, Rory Goldcrest, who had tried to hire someone to kill his brother, Maury Goldrcrest...a true criminal sting! :mrgreen:

When Mike V asked me to play a hobling messinger/hook for his hobling encounter, I got inspired to turn a simple hook into a fun "Elvis-like, bongo-playing hobling"-with some perculiar dancing quirks. And then having Evie and the other hoblings all dancing up the hill along with me, with Will saying, good naturedly, "This is just ridiculous!". :lol:

And coming into the tavern as "The Great And Powerful Necromancer" whom Zatarina (Heidi's always fun to interact with) turned into "The Great And Powerful Gardner, who grows the greatest roses in the world".

Also, in Monster Camp, when Michelle was looking for a Fishbowl to send me out as, she grinned, looked up from the list and said, "How often would I get a chance to give you something like this." Which was a Vansir Skald who was to go and tell Vansir stories.

Getting to fight against Brian Bender and Sean Metzler and the rest of my PC team...as well as fighting against Black Forest.

And Monster Camp: it's always a good time in Monster Camp!

Great event, I definitely had a blast. I made some new friends and got to talk to a bunch of people I'd hitherto only met in passing.
Some of my favorites:

Saturday ooze-a-palooza: seeing how many PCs I could get entangled to each other as a grape jelly.

Saturday night I played a nice beefy mutant dwarf thing. I kinda feel like I f'd it up a little and of course looking back I realize what I did wrong and how I should have done it (hindsight's 20/20 after all), but it still made me feel cool when Toddo walked up to me and said "You wanna play something huge?"

Michelle and I getting mistaken for a Bear.

Saturday stupid o'clock at the smoker's guild; that was the dumbest, funniest conversation I've had in a looooooooong time.

-George

Swimming party at the creek saturday.
Sitting in the tavern talking to Qaulin and learning about the Ash Forest.
Hanging out at the Kurgani (sp?) bonfire and watching Cuar try to kill the vampiric bunny he was hallucinating was on Vincent.
The tea in the tavern with Sun-Li Kia, Qualin, Sophia, Joaquinn, and Testsu.
Sundays aura casting practice with Wynter, Lanna, and Qualin.

In all honesty, my favorite moments where at the smoker's guild talking one on one with people. It definitely helps get past my nervousness while role playing. Besides that I really enjoyed the minor RP I was able to do. Saturday night coming out from the side door under the tavern with a small group of undead was pretty frickin' cool. Also I wanted to thank Mike * E? * for answering a lot of the questions I had.

It's been awhile since I've gotten to play Evie, and as always, it was good fun. :D

- Finally signing the courtship contract with Gebous! Seriously, Gebous and Evie make one dangerous hobling couple.
- Rolling around with the Hunt, even if it was a small group. Muggins, Gebous, and Drenten are some of Evie's favorite people.
- Taking down Hadley Moonstream? Whaaaat! Seriously, all the hobling plot this weekend was great and like Tedd said, the hobling NPCs were hilariously awesome.
- Patrick Von Raven, who is probably my favorite person to roleplay with in all of the Alliance chapters. Seriously man, I cannot wait until Lehigh Valley starts up. :)
- Evie Shenanigans. Whether it's trying to be an ooze translator, harassing some goblins, or.. well, generally being an idiot, the NPCs all dealt with me in really good faith. Thanks guys!

I'll see you all in July! Though I'll probably have pointy ears instead of mutton chops.

#1 fave was a serious of conversations that ended in an in game Alchemy lab being set up in the tavern by the Page Willow and her walking around talking to adventurers selling the wares of the up and coming Fairdale merchant’s guild. Best 10 gold I ever spent in game.

#2 being Landiara Balls' Split personality, scaring people with my glares, and have other people saying what I would have said if Balls' was present.

#3 People trying to get Balls to smile and crack a joke.

#4 Having Zaterina continue to lend me her brain! "balls I want you to..." - Zat "to late its done already" - Landiara "Where’s Balls" - Zat "Standing next to you on your other side" Random person Heidi I think I know you to well at times!

#5 Getting a gift that cost over 130 gold (a particular mace and having it spirit locked to me).

#6 Getting the only Item I bid on and wanted at the auction.

#7 Being torn OOG to swim cool off and have fun or stand guard and be Landiara's broodish self while standing guard.

#8 getting fully protected physically and mentally due to items and skills.

I was only there for half the weekend so'll round up on my Top 5 Pcs list.

Collin's Horrendously Biased Top 3 PCs. (OR Who was awesome while being coincidentally in Collin's line of sight.)

3. Garathon - Not only was Garathon at his defendery best this weekend. He hopped the fence too. I consider that bribery to get on my list. (And oh man, does it work.)

2. Luigie - He ain't 'fraid of no elementals.

3. Rowan - Who has two thumbs and drops 300 gold in a weekend? That guy. Hope it was all worth it, Drew.

I had a lot of fun in NPC camp. The responsibility keeps me moving and always thinking and that's why I play this game. I'm looking forward to next time.

Patrick as his hobling! I couldn't stop laughing while he danced around and even better when Evie and Qualan joined in!!

Patrick's barbarian and his stories

The new NPCS: Mark's (I think that was his name?) dryad and Kevin's (I think?) sarr were awesome!

Roleplay with Ivan, Marissa (don't know how to spell your characters name correctly, sorry!), Kadi, Evie, Daniel, Lupi, Qualan, Ciar, Zat, Eros, Aislynn, Luigi, Perwin, Mugg, Gebus, Joaquin, Tetsu

Qualan entertaining us in the tavern with his antics

Finally getting to meet Sophia

THE wine! Thanks guys!

Reminiscing in the tavern about Zaterina's "baking" parties and other stories

Seeing Karl again!

Mwe mod! Very cool effect :) Thanks Queens!

I'm sure I'm forgetting some peeps.

This is going to sound silly & down right insulting to some of you, but I have to say that my absolute favorite thing from this event was BEING ABLE TO SLEEP IN! My wife works mornings and she hates getting out of bed, so she's constantly hitting the snooze on her alarm from 7-7:30AM. It always wakes me up forcing me to kick her out of bed. ;) Then by 8-8:15AMish my kids wake me up because they gotta eat and I gotta cook. I love my kids to death, but it was such a relief to have no one bugging me in the morning. I was in bed by 2-2:30AM both nights and was up around 9-9:30AM both mornings. The last two events I played I couldn't sleep in past 7:30AM. I know I miss stuff by sleeping in, but I don't care. It felt amazing. I'm sure sleeping in is defined as much later than 9:30AM to some people, but that's good enough for me.

Now, actual game-related favorites:

Hanging with Black Forest. Hau, Matt, Mike, Dave, & Tommy--OMG Tommy! We had some great times as always. I've known these guys since '98 (except Hau who I met last year), and they are some of the coolest guys to hang out with OOG & IG. I actually went out for breakfast with them Saturday morning. That's something I have literally never done in all my time playing. I just hardly see these guys anymore so it's nice to spend some OOG time joking around. For weeks leading up to the event we laid out some groundwork for how we wanted to get things done. Other than a few snags (Hau is the new president of Krispy Kreme, LOL!) we really did a great job working together in battles. The RP stuff with Luigie was amazing. Seeing him flip out of Mugg first thing Friday night really had Perwin sweating. I thought there was gonna be some fighting out of that one, but luckily it didn't come to that. The elemental stuff with Luigie was great, too!

Hanging with the hoblings. Perwin is so damn jealous that he's not a hobling, but he was mingling with them trying to find out as much as he could about the Ambassador before he met him.

Pitching my idea to Ambassador Berrybucket. I was nervous about this one leading up to the event, so I took down an idea I've been working on in my head for a long time, wrote down a few pages of notes, and pitched an absolutely amazing IG idea to him. We sat and talked for 15-20 minutes. I'm not going to go into details, but I don't think there has ever been a more profitable idea in the history of hoblings! :lol: I'm really proud of this one, even if nothing comes of it.

The unscaled werewolf encounter. It was dark, and I only had a silver short sword (long was normal). It was BF and a couple others, and we had no business fighting those baddies with such few numbers in such a confined area. I'm the first to admit that I suck at fighting for the most part, but I felt I did decent this event. With the werewolves I didn't really fight much. I was too busy thinking of a way to get BF out of there without us all rez'ing! It got ugly at one point and I had the big bad werewolf reviving behind me with Engler as a "normal" coming at me from the other side. I realized then that I was just going to run away and get help. Engler comes at me with an eviserate, 140 slay, 140 slay, eviserate--magic armor, dodge, dodge, dodge, SEE YA! I look at Auric and said, "We need help." He just yells, "GO!" I took off up the hill, grabbed my liquid light and started screaming and waving it around. I was amazed that no one rez'ed. Hau got his life spell in time, and Tommy & Dave took off in the woods. It was great to go on an encounter that struck true fear into me. It's probably only ever happened 10-12 times at the absolute most in my NERO/Alliance career. I can tell you the first time was walking up a hill as a level 1 rogue & coming face-to-face with the Undoer & his minions. I probably pooed myself a little as I ran away. :lol:

Troll cave mod. Tim (Maddox) & I kept messing around with the trolls. We hit the first wave and Tim shouts out, "Quick, trolls--what's 6x6?" They look at each other and go, "Uhhhh..." Tim quickly replies, "Too late--nausea gas poison!" Haha! I decided to one-up him with the next wave. I say to a troll, "Hey troll, your head is empty!" and replies with something like, "No it's not!" "Feeblemind gas poison--it is now!" :lol: Then the 3rd Tim dominates a troll that laughed at him for running away when he peeked around the corner and then took off. Troll tried to make fun of him, so he dragged the troll over and we beat him down. I know the NPC's had just as much fun with that one as we did.

Selling food has always been a favorite thing of mine to do. It's a bit tricky because a lot of times I leave my weapons behind to do it. In the past at Lindenmere this has resulted in me negotiating with wandering monsters so they wouldn't attack me. Of course I'm never truly without weapons. Gas globes are always on hand, but I always found it more fun to try to sell them food. Sometimes I just would give the NPC free baklava because it's cool to hook them up with it OOG-wise. It also gives them a chance to RP when they are playing a goblin/troll/rat or some other kind of crunchy. I didn't have to worry about that this event, but I had a blast selling to PC's. It's always fun to hear all the stories from folks I never met as they talk about the legendary baklava. The new Perwin cookie was a huge hit--especially with my freeloading teammates! Seriously, if you don't want to go hungry join Black Forest. These guys have probably cost me hundreds of gold in profits since I started bringing baklava up my 2nd or 3rd event. It's all good though. ;) Mike V's innkeeper also loved the Perwin cookie. It's a cookie that's supposed to be enjoyed with coffee, tea, or hot chocolate. I know I got him extra business from my cookies.

This goes back to the thing about working together with my BF guys, but the final wave battle was awesome. It felt like old times the way we found the big bad guy, pulled him away from everything else, and proceeded to beat him down. Hau and I worked well together rogue dancing some NPC's, but we both got in behind the guy and handed out a beating. I love a good team effort like that.

Attacking the order elementals. Luigie has a serious problem with elementals. We all knew OOG that we didn't stand a chance against these guys, but that doesn't matter IG. Luigie was going to attack and we had to help. Period, end of story. Glad I didn't eat any of those arcane imprisons! I guess they like bakers better than cooks. Again, I'm sure the NPC's enjoyed this encounter, especially since I'm sure they had no idea it was going to be violent!

Crazy Pickle. Renee, I love your MWE. There are times I didn't want to laugh IG and had to just walk away. You're sitting there mocking Berrybucket and I knew I couldn't laugh at it. I'm trying to get all friendly with the guy! You told me to sit there and get in trouble with you, but I had to go outside and start laughing. You making fun of him with that little plastic horse was hysterical.

The folks that hung out with BF at times--Brian/Ignatius, Emily/Khaadij, Justin/Tetzu to name a few. I enjoy RPing with you guys, and also joking around OOG at other times.

Hey Robb, nice bind on Ignatius. Haha! We don't really hang out IG much, but we did get to RP a bit the couple times I needed to stop by the mages guild. Nathan has definitely come a long way since you started playing him (before you quit for a few years).

Finding out Andros & I go waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay back OOG. I used to hang out in a comic store in '93 when I was 13 playing Magic The Gathering all day. He came down every once in a while, especially during a time period when he was alpha testing a card game called Guardians. I got involved with it. I remember him teaching us how to play. Back then we were only using these pieces of paper glued onto card backs, but eventually we all bought boxes and would play that & M:TG. It was a lot of fun! He also came out to Laser Quest a bunch back when I was there all the time, but I haven't really seen him since. It was cool to catch up with someone that I've known that long and didn't even realize it.

I hope NPC camp enjoyed the case of Monster. I'll try to bring one up every event I attend. I figured it would be a good way to keep you guys & gals going. :)

I'm sure there is more, but that's all I got right now.

axe grinder said:
In all honesty, my favorite moments where at the smoker's guild talking one on one with people. It definitely helps get past my nervousness while role playing. Besides that I really enjoyed the minor RP I was able to do. Saturday night coming out from the side door under the tavern with a small group of undead was pretty frickin' cool. Also I wanted to thank Mike * E? * for answering a lot of the questions I had.

Always willing to help a new player, especially potential new Stone Elf brethren!

I just want to say firstly a HUGE thanks to all the people who made this event happen. I've always had a great time when I've come to HQ and this event has been no different. And I also want to say I will not be able to remember all the cool stuff that happened that I want to post here, so if I miss something here know that pretty much anyone I interacted with really made the weekend fantastic.

Friday night, although it took me a while to get IG it was well worth it for the chance to see a lot of friends that I haven't really been able to see for one reason or another for a while. I really enjoy mages stuff and Robb it was good to see you. I know you fee a little over worked at times but I really appreciate all the stuff you do. And the organization of the guild is coming along fantastically. I'm so glad that I'm able to be a part of that even if I can only hit 3-4 HQ events a year.

Saturday was a waffling sort of day. It was a bit slow at times, but there were a number of things that made it good overall. Getting to meet Lord Findarth finally was definitely a big favorite. I've heard so much about him and obviously I enjoy seeing other Dark Elves IG so that was cool. Plus his mask/construct was really awesome. Also going on the mod'ish encounter to save the girl who had a fey inside her and killing the trolls or whatever that were after her was good fun. Definitely made me very happy with my class. And the last wave battle of that day finally getting off a Prison that stuck on Bill as a Heart Eater was cool. Dude you are a hard man to take down so it always makes it very rewarding to finally do so. :)

Saturday night was fun as heck. I didn't actually participate in the auction at all and there were actually a bunch of random damage ogres/gnolls that were decently scaled down in the town. Thanks to the fact that most important people were at the auction there were actually only like 5 or 6 of us who were fighting them and it was a lot of fun running around waylay'ing and backstabbing in the dusk.

Then the rest of the evening was also a really good time. I had a lot of fun RP'ing with people, buying a bottle of wine for 1 copper, :D and just hanging out in the tavern, and then later around the fire when it was getting cold. Seriously seeing squire Ignasious hardcore chew out the Drunk, or trying to be Drunk Biata was hilarious. Personally my character doesn't think that much of all the drunkenness that persists among adventures and it was just enjoyable to watch. Not to mention the whole conversation about useless maces... lol

Then I have to devote some time to give a HUGE thanks to Tori. Towards the end of the time around the fire we hear a yelp from Joquin. He was coming back to his tent and actually got hardcore jumped. Somehow he survived and we ran down to see what was up. After hearing that whatever was out there ran into the woods Heresey, Findarth, Aislen and myself decided to camp/patrol the wood line to see if we could get it coming back for more. So we spread out and hide for a bit. Then I decide to move and check another location. I see a small blob on the path and decide to back up and see if it moves. Thankfully I never gave my back to it, because in short order it charges towards me and seriously I would have been toast if it hadn't been for "activate magic armor x3 or x4" and good enough armor to survive getting owned in the face in spite of all I could do for 5 drain. That whole encounter/mini mod was AWESOME. Probably my most favorite individual combat situation to date.

Sunday morning thanks to not being able to sleep I got up pretty early and was IG before most people. But at least it meant that I got to have an enjoyable time playing chess with Avian. Seriously it was a pleasure to get the chance to finally meet your character Jeremy. And also the "stupid human" moment was also hilarious. Also finally getting to go on at least one traditional scaled mod because I jumped up quickly to help deal with trolls was great, not to mention the stuff we found. :) Chazz is a bad *** and also it was very satisfying to finally take down the Troll Emperor with Stone Storms after getting so much stuff Resisted... The whole mod team felt quite well balanced except for our lack of fighters but it was really awesome. Good scaling and a great encounter. Thanks so much!

There is so much more I could say but thanks again for a fantastic weekend! :)

Thank you, thank you plot, staff, other players, and especially NPCS!! The weather was fantastic and I had yet another phenomenal weekend as Qualin Brightoak, that pointy eared prick! I didn't notice any of the lulls because of the amazing, amazing, amazing RP from the players. I saw many interesting and engaging fishbowls that had a great deal of depth and not much silliness.

Favorites in no particular order:

Music!! Singing and guitar playing - I am so glad I bring that old out of tune guitar with me. People seem to love playing and I love hearing others play.

Aura dodge-capades with Lanna, Winter, and Anna. 3 on 1?

Hours of RP about the Ash Forest with Aislynn. Teaching her the elven method of feeling no guilt. Getting her to smile over and over again, she's come so far from the dour little elf I met last year.

Anna's constant smile and interest in everything that's going on.

Tea Party with Sun Li Kai. Music, tea, conversation, and some stupid o'clock silliness.

Swimming party! "Hey, Joquin, do you want to go down the hill?" "Not really." "The gypsies are all swimming..." "Why are we standing here?" It was really nice to cool off.

Firepit shenanigans surrounding Willow's war painting ceremony. Cuar attacking vampire bunnies, deep conversations, quiet conversations about Tyrra, golems, ships, and Tarzataranzen with Lord Find'rth.

Luigi!!! He's SO ANGRY!! Angry humans are entertaining.

Conversations about humans with Aislynn, Tilly, and Nathan in the woods. Moral choices and the wide range of the human spirit. Nathan-ninja-vanish!! "Where did he go, is he in trouble?" "He has prisons, he's fine.."

Flirting with Azura, drinking with Azura, prisoning myself to avoid her taking the Asitikir I got from Zat.

Trying to talk to Ivan about some information he asked me to research while he was getting it on. Walking in and just sitting down next to him completely oblivious to his lack of clothing and his betrothed hanging on him. Hey, we elves get focussed on little projects from time to time.

Cranky dwarven farmer for the win. Between the bitchy werebear, the cranky dwarven farmer, a Sheriff who now greets me with "now what did you do, Qualin?", and the humans from the Crimson Fist who were honor bound to harass a farmer - the only thing Qualin managed to enjoy at all from that jade hunting expedition was the dwarf's illegal still. Henry, of course, loved every minute of it! Dwarf who I don't know.. you rock.

Al, the (new NPC) human who was looking to learn to heal. After I pointed him in the right direction, he says "Elf.. come here.." and clandestinely slips me a potion. I couldn't' stop giggling that it was a bless potion and I'm not sure why. Anyway, whenever I saw that npc I was smiling ear to ear with how much he was putting into the game. I predict great things. : )

RP ping-pong with Tetsu/Justin. Pitching how horrible the murder of the dominion "innocents" were with one character up in Caldaria, and then slapping him back with Qualin in HQ. Come to think of it, all things Justin Coggin. This man makes my Alliance game so much more real for me.

Ok.. well, I could probably go on and on - but I've had a bit of Tequila and I'm still wiped out from the weekend. Thank you all for a great weekend! : )

Henry the Mad / Qualin Brightoak

Okay favorites!
Well, this is the first event I ever actually jumped the fence and let me say it was one of the greatest things ever! So favorites are broken into two categories Dark Side and IG.
Dark Side favorites:
1. Me, Rich, Darkan and Kyle rolling out as the generic Stormblades.
2. Playing an undead throwing nausea poison and totally ending up throwing my treasure at a PC thinking it was a packet.
3. Tim running at me screaming "I'm covered in bees!"
4. Dan and his magic fingers.
5. Having Gay Chicken explained to me and kissing Marie.
IG:
1. To'Noah's birthday party and Tetsu's birthday song. Justin you rock my world! Also, Marie as Fudge.
2. Getting adopted by Darkan.
3. RP at dinner with Larien and Zat.
Thanks to everyone for another great weekend!

Back