Grattitude for your friendship

RP_Wolf

I wish to deeply thank those who still believe in me, those who still stand by me, those who will not let me give up. I am glad not to be alone, a pearl on a mountaintop.

Yours,
Veil KeeKoree

I would almost be tempted to buy into the redemption theory if I was capable of seeing any redeeming qualities in you.

You have shown contempt for those who are understandably reviled by your actions.

You have mocked those who TRULY stand for what is good and just in the Earth that you corrupt.

You have continuously fallen into darkness... and have shown to evidence that you have crawlen out it.

How many more times must you be executed before you truly redeem yourself and just choose to not ressurect. The world will be better for it.

Riddick

And that took as bout as long as I expected it to.

Lord Aaeun Nimbus of the Estate of Luminary in the Kingdom of Arandin, Assistant Guildmaster of the Canning Wizard's Enclave, Elemental Warden, Prophet.

I still have a hard time finding something to say. I think my mind is still fighting reason and memories...
Veil, it's difficult to give you the chance of redemption, and even more so now.

Ezrad

Ezard,
If I may be so bold, what is it that Veil has done now to make it any more difficult for her to "redeem" herself than it already was?

-In Service
Squire Theodin Hammerfist, Sheriff of Badril's Rest

Veil was found guilty of consorting with undead and sentenced to a death. She was given a fair trial, and Baron Ivan and the squires all participated and gave their opinions. I wish now I had made the trial public so that everyone could have seen what happened, but I was respecting her request for a private trial.

Veil has shown no remorse for her actions from what I have seen. Perhaps if that were the case, people would be more forgiving.

Sir Eros Clearbrook, Magistrate

Ezrad,

You have not heard my applogies? Was I not in the Healer's Circle the moment I saw you had returned and told you how sorry I was? Or was your memory 'fuzzy' at that point as well? Do you not think your death hurt me also because believe it or not I have always loved you as a trusted friend.

Riddick,

I have a host of unflattering things I would wish to say to you, but I will wont; I refuse to be baited by your accusations and insults. Know this; I was executed and came back. I know people hate me yet I dragged, healed and lifed those same individuals. I had many a chance on the field of battle to disprove the trust of those who have been so kind as to give it to me, but I did not. I will not become what you accuse me of being. I will not betray myself and I will not betray others. I am only mortal and I can only do my best.

Sir Eros,

I can think of nothing else to do that all that I have already done. It seems that everyone's only accord for how I can redeem myself is to permanently die. Trust me, one day will be that day and then you may all rejoice, and I may finally have peace.

Veil KeeKoree

Veil,

The fact that you accidently cast healing spells correctly does not change the truth. You have already become what I accuse you to be. You are a Necromancer. When I see you all I see is the rotting husk of a corpse that many of your kind become when they wish to "ascend to power."

You are no different than the vile necromancers that are slaughtered on our battlefields. Redemption has been your armor. It has protected you and kept you alive amongst those who would see you perish. With each crime... With each false step... this armor breaches.

Riddick

Friends,

Do not waste your breath; save it for those less vile and more deserving. The earth does not forget its ills and those who have acted against it.

- Sevaria of Goshawk

There is so much hostility flying around this dream that my head is throbbing even as I sleep. Must every word spoken or dreamt by Veil be met with insults and accusations? Has she not paid for her crimes many times over? Yes, we must learn from history. Veil must be allowed to learn from her mistakes. Do not mistake my meaning, the casting of Necromancy is a terrible crime. But if she is not allowed to contribute to the society which she harmed, how will she heal the wrong that was done?
I would very much liked to have seen the trial at the last gathering where she was convicted of consorting with undead. I do not understand how a system of justice can operate under the strain of such powerful emotions from so many different minds. It would have been most interesting.
Understand that my comments are not made in Veil's defense, nor do they come from any attachment to her. I accuse no one, nor do I proclaim anyone's innocence. My words are nothing more than an appeal to reason.

Ren Suzume

Veil,
I hardly considder pinning me down by my shoulders to speak to me any form of appology. You only held me there while you said I shouldn't have followed you... Your words after my testamony were even harsh, if not mentally violent.
I'm just confused is all. While there is not as much trust as there was, I can befriend anyone not activly trying to kill me.

Honorable Citizen Races,

Veil, by the laws of the Kingdom of Icenia, has paid for her convicted crimes. She will now have the opportunity to live her life again but always with an eye wary and concerned on her movements. What we must remeber is that her slate is now swept clean (legally speaking) and she may choose how she spends the days ahead. It is my hope that she will truly begin her life as a healer of the earth and no longer be tempted to the evil of chaos. If she is discovered to be in league with necromancers or necromantic beings or casting necromancy, stricter penalties will be forced upon her by our just legal system which is decided by our Magistrates.

Hopefully, there will be no more executions for Veil because she will do what is right.

Man at Arms Cinder Thunderhammer
Vex Squad, "Rock of Trellheim"

How many times must her slate be swept clean before we realize it was muddied with the ichor of undeath to begin with?

Riddick

I don't know so much like you all maybe do.. I know you say she pay for her crimes.. and then make it where I cannot move from magic so some undead can kill me during next battle. How is justice after working in your lands? Because in mine, she and my blade be talking close next time we meet path.

Morganne

Ren,

We have never met but you sound like you have a level head on your shoulders. There is much hostility towards Veil, and I think it is deserved. For she has been observed for several years by people, and it is clear where many of them think she is on her “path of redemption”.

Veil was convicted and executed for the most vile crime of Necromancy. A mark ritual was unable to be acquired on short notice. When she was next in town she attempted to conceal her identity from the Nobility and was fined for it. After being marked she fled into the mists.

I do not know of the full list of crimes she has committed in Ashbury. However, the removal of her mark, plus recent conviction and execution for Consorting with Undead speaks volumes in itself. Had that crime been committed in the Harvest Lands of Eire or any of its Protectorates Veil would have been Obliterated for committing her second Necromantic offense. Because she fled into the mists she was able to avoid this sentence by performing her crime in another land with different laws.

As Cinder pointed out, she has been punished for her crimes, and some believe that is enough. However, how many times must somebody be executed for Necromancy before it is too much? Also, do not be fooled into thinking she is free of charges against her name. Veil KeeKoree is wanted in the Lands of Eire and will stand trial if she ever is seen setting foot there. She should be treated with caution as her charges involve Necromancy and deception.

The fact that Magistrate Sir Eros Clearbrook comments on her lack of remorse is quite telling. Especially when she continually hides behind the banner of redemption.

Veteran Healer Pantzike
Assistant Master of the Finn Castle Healer’s Guild

It seems nothing I say will convince anyone I am being truthful.

Pantzike, I did not 'flee' old Syraandor. I left to travel elsewhere and the mists seemed to permanently close.

As for my most current conviction, I believe in my heart it is all a misunderstanding involving a creature encountered in Dara's Grace last winter.

Seeing as how there is so much confusion regarding the who, what, where, when and why of myself, contact me privately if you wish and I will answer your questions, hopefully lay your concerns to rest, and maybe finally be able to move-on with my life. As redemption seems impossible now, the most I want is...acceptance for existing.

Morganne, if you are referring to the battles where some of us were thralled, there you have it. We had no control over our actions and I myself have no idea what I may or may not have done. If I hurt you or anyone else, I am sorry. I can recall no other event where I would have deliberately webbed you for no reason.

Veil KeeKoree

Speaking as someone who travels with a bunch of people with a sordid and muddled past, true redemption is nae easy to come by. Do all the good you want, prove your new life is your true life, sew the seeds of rightousness. However in the back of peoples minds, always and forever, will be the anticipation for "the other shoe to drop". All you can do is live your life to the best of your ability, stay on the side of truth and light and give people no more cause for disdain for you. Some people, alas such as yourself, have treaded much farther off the path than others, and the journey back is difficult, if not wholly impossible. Personally, in the very core of my being I loathe and despise you, but can tolerate your existance so long as it persists as long as you remain on the side of the light. While you may have paid your debt legally, cosmicly the scales are still far from balanced.

-Redcloud

Veil,

I you are correct, nothing you can say will convince people anything. Only your actions have and will be telling, for they are true record of your will.

When you were convicted and executed for the Casting of Necromancy, many people were already giving you your “last chance”, as Necromancy is one of the highest crimes in most lands. You have recently been convicted and executed for Contortion with Undead. All the work you undoubtedly put into convincing people you were redeemed has been undone. Those who never believed you in the first place, have been proven correct.

If you claim that you did not flee Syraandor, then I request you return to what is left of it and face the charges against you there. Until then your name will not be clean, and your attempts to redeem yourself will be a lie.

Pantzike

Back