High Orc Tusks

markusdark said:
I will be making a mold either this or next week for a facial prosthetic that has teeth build in just below the lip. It'll be a jaw piece that hopefully will secure with just an elastic band. It should allow for easy talking, eating and drinking.
Hey Mark I finally got sceamteam to send me the one I showed you in the pic if ya need to borrow it for things and stuff let me know. and yes i still want to get a few from you cause the one i have will not last long a lot of hype but not that well made, much inferior to your past works in all categories

Lost_Nation said:
I've used friendly plastic to make all of my orc/ogre tusks in the past and it worked just fine. I thought for my current go around I'd like something with just a bit more realism. I put in an order for the Dental Distortions Razorback tusks about a week ago. Two days ago I got an email notifying me that my order was "being processed". So it looks like it'll be a while before they ship. I'm really hoping that they're worth the long wait. I'll post a little review when I gets them.
Hate to say it but i have gone thru 3 sets of those they look cool but are not durable at all. the first one broke in the space of a couple hours, the other did not make it through the weekend. and they were not comfortable either. My search continues. Wish I still had my old ones that lasted like 5 years

Sorry for the late response!!!

I have been using the tusks that Telokh_Amdo posted about for over a year now. Unfortunately, I have gone through 3 pairs of them. My bottom teeth arent completely straight and I tend to bite down hard on the teeth when Im in a fight.

They are also EXTREMELY hard to keep in your mouth when fighting. Half the time, I find that I take them out of my mouth so I dont end up spitting them at the NPC im trying to hit :) Although.... it might be a good distraction.....

Im going to go with a set of softer teeth this season. Im still looking for a good set of them. I will let you know what I find.

Being an Orc or Ogre have you down in the mouth? People can't hear your incants? Can't look macho drinking with a straw? You drool just sitting?

Well no longer! Introducing the latest from Mark's Lovely Latex Land - The Tusks. A latex prosthetic that is thick to survive even the harshest LARPing enviroments, the Tusks, like all of my items, were designed with the LARPer in mind. The tusks are set just below the lower lip, still giving that classic fearsome profile while leaving the mouth completely clear. You can talk, shout, eat, drink and the only time you'll spit from them is when you wish to show your displeasure at a nobleman.

The item can be used with an elastic band around the head for easy on and off or can be trimmed down to make a 'goatee' style that can be applied with adhesive (if this is the plan, let me know so I can cast it a little bit thinner to reduce weight and to make it blend better into your skin). As always, it comes in any two colors you wish - usually one being white for the teeth but I can make them yellow or even black. Orc Green and Ogre Yellow of couse are available. For $25, it will be the most comfortable tusks you ever wore.

Tusk1.jpg

Tusk3.jpg

Tusk2.jpg

That is cool looking.

That reminds me of the lower jaw of this prosthetic. I'm torn between eventually using the jaw for an Orc or a the full piece for a kick-*** Boar scavvy.

That lower jaw prosthetic looks fantastic. I want one some day... ;)

Oh wow... that looks really nice, especially for when I need to get into High Orc Makeup for an NPC

Paul

markusdark said:
Telokh_Amdo said:
That reminds me of the lower jaw of this prosthetic. I'm torn between eventually using the jaw for an Orc or a the full piece for a kick-*** Boar scavvy.

That's the one I based this design off of although I simplified the design.

ok First of all I own the "boaris" from scream team it is made of a foam substance it looks nice on the website, but it does not look as good in Rl, the tusks were uneven and off center, even worse for $75 (with shipping) and it arrived with the tusks torn, one almost halfway through. (they have yet 2 weeks later not responded to my emails or phone messages) go figure they got my cash now they are done. their site say you can get "several" uses. I must doubt that if it arrives screwed up. (the top part of the appliance looks sweet and is in great condition, but that's of no use to me since I'm an ogre not an orc.) now..

Marks Piece... I have not seen them in person yet be a couple weeks before I have the opportunity. But what I can say, I am pretty familiar with some of his other works, and they are quality stuff. So site unseen i have ordered 2 in the more fashionable yellow color I know of a couple of his masks that were used for years without failure. this sounds wrong, but he knows his latex. here is some of his other stuff http://www.larping.net/larping/store/index.html

vikingsurvivor said:
(the top part of the appliance looks sweet and is in great condition, but that's of no use to me since I'm an ogre not an orc.) now..

Other than being different colors, High Orcs and High Ogres look the same. Why can you use part of the prosthetic for one but not the other?

Telokh_Amdo said:
vikingsurvivor said:
(the top part of the appliance looks sweet and is in great condition, but that's of no use to me since I'm an ogre not an orc.) now..

Other than being different colors, High Orcs and High Ogres look the same. Why can you use part of the prosthetic for one but not the other?
It has a pig type nose on the piece that is more orcish them ogreish. Im currently considering modifying it to better serve my needs/ concept

Neither Orcs nor Ogres have pig noses AFAIK.

But there is nothing saying the couldn't have one is there? I guess it would just be personal aesthetic preference...

I'd say ask your local plot committee if having a pig nose for your Orc/Ogre is a problem.

They stereotypical Orc from most fantasy literature are somewhat pig faced. Of course, this isn't true with the Alliance but some people ofte look towards the standard when designing things. In fact, the Orc masks I sell are pig faced.

Aww, Tetsu grew his dreds. He's all growed up now. :D

Back