How to fix Doom Blow, your thoughts?

Which change to Doom Blow would you prefer?

• 1) Reduce cost to 4 build. Change to mirror eviscerate like before, dealing "500 body" from behind.

Votes: 1 5.6%
  • 2) Reduce cost to 2-3 build, Leave as is.

• 3) Same build cost, adds your assassinate damage to doom carrier.

• 4) Same build cost, Change to "Weapon Doom".

Votes: 9 50.0%
  • 5) Reduce build cost to 2, Does your assassinate damage with Body carrier.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 6) Reduce build cost to 4, Does Double your assassinate damage with Body carrier.

Votes: 2 11.1%
  • 7) Same build cost. Make it a tri-burst, you get to swing Doom carrier for three strikes in 3 secs.

• 8) Other, Detailed below in post.

• 9) Leave it as currently is.

Votes: 2 11.1%

• Total voters
Weapon Doom, however, is probably way more likely.

That is kinda my thought, Still think that means I sell back all but one of them though. Which is disappointing.

Weapon Doom is likely to pass, but I think that isn't actually very good. It gets past the armor problem, but it still leaves all the other problems of the current Doom Blow. It still falls in to both of these rules tropes that Max posted in the related thread:

Rogues would be better off with an eviscerate clone. Or maybe something else, and moving assassinate to being ever /15 instead of /30 so they had more burst damage (fighters have slay & eviscerate; rogues have only assassinate).

Rogues would be better off with an eviscerate clone. Or maybe something else, and moving assassinate to being ever /15 instead of /30 so they had more burst damage (fighters have slay & eviscerate; rogues have only assassinate).

I agree I find weapon doom uninteresting, esp when I get weapon sleep/paralysis for less then half the cost. I would be totally onboard with removing it and letting me get double the assassinates. Also it would make the classes more different. Which I dig.

I would like to flesh out my suggestion for what I'd tentatively call Resourceful Action: a /60 stealth skill that allows the use of one (1) choice from a small list of options. Suggested choices include:
1. Three uses of Assassinate, using the character's Assassinate damage.
2. Three uses of Evade.
3. Three uses in total of Weapon Sleep and/or Weapon Silence, chosen for each swing.
4. One use of Arcane Release (self only) and Two uses of Cloak Binding.
5. One use of Dodge and Two uses of Counteract.

Resourceful Action provides up to the next three game abilities used. RA is activated when the first verbal is used. The use of any game abilities not provided by that activation of RA will immediately forfeit any unused Resourceful Action skills.

What about if it were a one purchase passive (ala Combined Strike or United Blow) that adds the ability to add the doom carrier to your assassinates. How would that change its usefulness? Would that be something that would make rogues feel better about the purchase?

What about if it were a one purchase passive (ala Combined Strike or United Blow) that adds the ability to add the doom carrier to your assassinates. How would that change its usefulness? Would that be something that would make rogues feel better about the purchase?
I actually dont hate this idea. Something cool and good, but not the same as fighter style captstone. Would it need 180 in stealth to buy then?

Maybe up it to 90 to go with surprise attack?

I actually hate this idea, purely because if Resist Curse isn’t actually that common right now, it sure will be afterwards. Plz don’t make Curse useless.

Sincerely, an offensive Earth Scholar

Cause waylay wont cause this issue already, I can generate 23 paralysis and 10 dooms alreadly if I want too. this would only give me 6 more dooms.

I mean, I’m definitely down with fixing Waylay..:

I actually hate this idea, purely because if Resist Curse isn’t actually that common right now, it sure will be afterwards. Plz don’t make Curse useless.

Sincerely, an offensive Earth Scholar

Enter the corrupted genie. "Deal, but bestowing Curse is now Celestial (to fit their intended theme as the offensive caster). Removing curses stays Earth"

Enter the corrupted genie. "Deal, but bestowing Curse is now Celestial (to fit their intended theme as the offensive caster). Removing curses stays Earth"
Someone got monkey paw'd. :D

Back