HQ 608 Tournament Favorites

Hernando said:
I know that I posted a comment about a video that someone posted of a sunday wave battle awhile ago that included my negative reaction. I just want to express how my presumptions regarding the chapter's quality and safety from that video were blown completely out of the water from the is event. I feel a bit foolish, actually. All I can say now is I'm sorry and good show.

Thanks for having me.

Thanks for not letting that video stop you from coming down and experiencing the game first-hand. I hope you come back again!

--- Eric Stehle / Ivan Drake

IvanDrake said:
* Sophie rebuking Ivan for leading Aven morally astray. If Ivan is a "goody two-shoes," then Sophie is a "goody six-shoes."

Hehe. I'll take that as a compliment.

Another good moment surrounding the whole skit thing:

Sophie: Aven, don't do anything I wouldn't do.
Aven: Sophie... unfortunately, the Code of Chivalry prevents me from making that promise to you.

Duke Frost said:
Coming in as Drak to respond to Henry's plot writeup and hanging out with Leona and Qualin. Nothing like telling old stories. I was kinda sad that I missed hanging with my home girl Sevaria though.

Man, every time I saw you OOG the rest of the weekend I was hoping it was because you were gonna bring another Drak cameo. :(

OMG! How could I forget. The duke and Rorii sitting together at the ball while the belly dancers were dancing and trying to decide whether it was inappropriate or not to throw coins at their feet.

Then Flint came ambling/dancing up and the decision was made for us....very inappropriate.

:D

Scott

The dancers themselves would not have been offended. We even tried to teach Baron Rorii how to dance! Tho I think others would not have been happy!!

Duke Frost said:
OMG! How could I forget. The duke and Rorii sitting together at the ball while the belly dancers were dancing and trying to decide whether it was inappropriate or not to throw coins at their feet.

Then Flint came ambling/dancing up and the decision was made for us....very inappropriate.

Scott

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

My favs:

Having my poor innocent character learn IG what I've known OOG for years - be not quick to trust a gypsy.

Getting to see the Vex Squad in action- Sean has been telling me about his new group for months, and I haven't seen him this excited about his IG team for over 5 years. And what a team it is. Well armed teddie-bears who must have gotten confused, and mistakenly replaced their honey pots with beer mugs. Never have I seen a group with such believable comradery. I wish all groups could RP their friendships so well.

The acoustic power metal- honestly, best musical performance I’ve ever seen IG. I would have wanted to unload gas poisons at the judges if that one didn’t win.

The Dockside Rats- A rag tag bunch, but they got spirit.

A certain gypsy dance- Such a fortunate man am I.

Thanks everyone,

See you in Caldaria, HQ or Deadlands in September,

Gary

omg how could I forget...

Superlatives. So embarrassing :p.

Most insincere compliment to Squire Trevor.
The Greatest Spell....

GAH

Love my team but dang, that was some brutal teasing.

And Glori STILL has Darkans number on HIS compliment lol. That was just funny.

Hernando said:
Gary Marvel, Samara Martin, Dave Tengdin, and Jesse H during the ball. "That guy sounds like a real *******!" and the conversation that followed.

That remark must have been about the Thessi Ambassador.

And for those who liked the Stonehammer's entertainment, here's a video of the original version from Bob and Doug Mackenzie if you never heard it before.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wOR7sceBy20[/youtube]

So I had a great time this weekend. My mind is always a mess after an event, but her we go in no particular order,

The Ash Forest, for letting me join their tourney team. Thank you to everyone on Ash Forest for letting Amar join up. Seeing Ridick Dale durring the 3 man battles and looking at each other.
Ridick: "I bed you never though you would be in those colors and I would be in Norden's" "Even weirder is Gloriana in Phalanx colors."

The tourney. I had a great time. 3 man was great, but I am really out classes by most of the poeple there. More on individual tourney stuff below.

Justin Coggin: Good God man, is there anything you do at this game which isn't badass? Flint was the MAN all weekend. From the tourney stuff to Vex Squad conversations.

GETTING MY I WIN NERO MOMENT. This was without a doubt, the coolest thing I have ever done. Two years of RP and plot subs bring to to the moment when I get to be the Hero...and I choked. Thats right. Totaly deer in headlights the moment of truth. The RP that followed the failed capture op. Having to face the nobility and inform them that a two year undercover operation is concluded. THANK YOU PLOT FOR GIVING ME THIS BADASS MOMENT. Even though I didnt get the win, it was still the most intense cool ever. All I cansay is TRUST YOUR PLOT STAFF, theyare amazing. Chapter 1 is over, and I CAN"T WAIT FOR CHAPTER 2. As you asked Ali, yes, balls to the wall nero must continue.

Tinder and Sevaria. OMG. Me: "We have lost out alchemists, and our healer has no spells. We have to abort the mission. I will go alone, do what I have to do, and we will take the next opertunity" Sevaria: "Fine, but your not going alone" Me: "If your seen, you know I will have to kill you, and I will not hesitate.......please don't make me do that." All my protests and all my warnings and the amasing loyalty my friends have. I could not ask for better friends in this world.

Tinder dressed like a dwarven ninja. Flint to tinder: What the hell you think your doing. Tinder: I dont know, what do you think? Flint: you doing what I think your doing? Tinder " what do you think I am doing" It was Sooooo awesome to see. Flint knew exactly what was going on, and tinder just wouldnt up ad say it. Priceless.

The moment of truth. Talking to my nemisis, giving her everything she wants while in my mind I am litteraly hearing the words, kill her, kill her, you cant back down, she can not live, dont hessitate, just kill her" Finaly jumping her, and 20 seconds of combat later seeing her recal away. So damn intense.

The ball. I don't own fancy in period clothing, and Amar is a 500 year old farmer turned adventurer so he allways feels out of place at formal functions. Having my hair done using the race packet as a giudeline tho I doubt that many got it. I had a lot of fun, but I need to learn to dance. Fulfilling Baron Ivan's request. Also, thanks to Rebecca (Sophie) for humoring me and my two left feet.

The moment before the ball, hearing Barron Ivan flustered in his cabin (my tent was right next to his) and going to investigate. Barron Ivan: "Amaranthus....should I be wearing my belt? I meen, the sword i stuck to me, and I need something...but the sword dosen't match my outfit and......"
me: "your exelency...your a noble, the belt is part of your station so you must wear it, and it is white which matches your shirt. the sword is presentable, just keep it in your scabard." barron "what about the cornet.?" me "yes....please wear your cornet....BARON Ivan....." Barron Ivan turns me for fashion advice....pricless. I did as you asked as well, and had a delightful time.

Soo much more like parducs head dress, getting to know duke buchard, sitting five feet from buchard when he implied civil war, and much much more. I can't wait to see how this all continues. Thak you again plot. See you all soon.
--bill
Caldaria Staff
Caldaria Rules Marshal

Well I had a long reply typed out and my computer crashed again. GAH!! Now I'm just going to say that I'm so happy I got to see so many old friends both in game and out of game. I had a good time and wish I could've been there for the full event.

Hugs,
Colleen

Colleen,

Thanks for being there. I'm glad I got to see you oog and I'm very happy Ragnar got to say goodbye to you IG.

*hugs*
Mike Stabley

I love you Bill! Haha, man yeah, super stealth hush hush mission talk time with you was awesome. Our chill out time with Duke Brittington (Dammit I can't remember what the heck the Bru...name was every time I was reminded haha) rocked too, those were some excellent moments for sure!

Colleen, Flint is soooo ready for that rendezvous! ;) I'm really happy I got to meet Azura as my new Dwarf! I hope you come to the event next week!!

-Justin Coggin

Michiko said:
Duke Frost said:

Scott

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

That shuffle was worth a copper or two, no? :D

I haven't had more than a few hours of restless sleep for the past week and my mind is still rocking out to The Police.

1) First and foremost I want to thank the NPCs and HQ staff, you guys are amazing and I know we all cannot thank you enough.

2) Ragnar's Spirit Farewell -- That was extremely difficult RP with Rak, Azura, and Black Forest there. Khaadijah was so destroyed after Ragnar permed and started a very odd change of personality for her. She was trying to enjoy herself at the tournament and be around her friends but all she could think of was seeing Uncle Ragnar and telling him she loved him and goodbye. Khaadi didn't cry but stood and recognized each person into the circle, waiting for her turn. In the end, Ragnar wanted Khaadi to leave when she went to say goodbye so she wouldnt see him dissipate -- she refused to go and didnt want to let go. That RP almost made me break down OOG. Thank you Mike and also Brian.

3) EVERYTHING AIR RAKSA!!! Khaadi was happy to have Uncle Rak there to hold her at the end of the spirit farewell. Khaadi was also happy to grab a leg for Uncle Rak and give it to him after the Duke yelled about the hand. "*Hehe*...Uncle Rak...*hands Air Raksa the leg she's been hiding behind her back*"

4) Talking to the Black Forest. Khaadi wanted so badly to hang out with them and enjoyed every moment of the Party Within a Party...even if she didnt understand the "adult speak".

5) Barefoot Racing

6) Almost getting Darkan into trouble again...honestly hun you set yourself up for it, i don't even have to do anything.

7) Colleen, Tonya, and Erica - Azura, Shya, and Glori...there is nothing that needs to be said besides -- I love you all!

Well this was my first tourney event and I had a solid time overall. So in no particular order...

Getting to be a part of the tourney on the Norden and Allies team was fantastic! I honestly had no idea how involved the whole tournament was. And I would love to see it spread out over a long weekend. =)

The colors was great, there were a lot of very solemn, pompous and serious moments at this event and I really appreciated that. Quite honestly I feel bad ashamed of the quality of my own RP and am encouraged to be more all in character and staying true to my character and not letting "the player" come through. :oops:

Spellcasters dual, and the running race were both awesome! Initially I took a look at the gathered spellcasters and I was like... wow how am I going to survive. And then I ended up in 3rd! :D

Playing Chess with Sun Li Ki was a highlight of the event for me. Especially after he got drunk. Some people might not enjoy it but I had a lot of fun with a really long drawn out game and some great RP conversation, talking about all these other characters and such. I love that stuff.

Plus the Ducal Ball hit a new point for me. There are few moments when I feel totally immersed in the atmosphere of the world and this was one of them. The tavern, combined with all the people and the great food and drink just made it a wonderful time for me, even if I was only observing a great deal of it.

The last Saturday afternoon wave battle, wow Justin's BBG was amazing, and I always have some fun blasting things. Another one of those classic spellcaster moments when Tab is coming at me and I'm backpedaling pounding him with Lightning Storms until I realize I can Web him and continue pounding him until he goes down. Supper spelldown for the win! :D

Plus it was fantastic to have someone to make the whole 7 hour car drive with me and such a relieve Ryan that you were there to help out with the driving. This is not the 3rd game at the HQ site that I've driven down for from NH and its a long solo drive. But props for that man!

Plus I just have to say all weekend I never really felt like there were serious lulls in the game, with only 10 to 14 NPC's you guys must have been going like crazy and I have more respect now than ever for all the work you do. THANK YOU!

Due to getting a flat and the various rigamarole that went with making sure that I could get home Sunday, I only played about half the event, but what I DID see was awesome!

-Costuming, and I don't just mean the Ball, the team outfits were awesome!

-Raska, whether assaulting my Bugbear in the Tavern, or asking Duke Broomis if he gets "freaky," Brian stretched my ability to keep a straight face to it's utmost limit.

-Entertainment, I laughed, I cried... but then I'm bipolar. :p

-During the Ball chat with the Boulderbacks and Amaranthus as Duke Broomis, and the followup after the event when Bill came up to me and said that Broomis was absolutely right but had no sense of timing.

-Amaranthus being the only person during the entire event who had the balls to ask the pertinent questions, and in exactly the right way to get answers.

-Talking to Baron Ivan, flattering him shamelessly, then starting to talk about setting up increased trade, trying to work out specifics, then Ivan and I both saying that we have people for those things.

-Obediah playing bodyguard when Les'Grahk and Raska were having their "talk" and wondering who Metzler would attack if it came to a throwdown.

-Smoker's Guild conversations. "Duke Vader" and the realization that my costume really did look evil.

-toddo

Toddo said:
-Talking to Baron Ivan, flattering him shamelessly, then starting to talk about setting up increased trade, trying to work out specifics, then Ivan and I both saying that we have people for those things.

LOL! I almost forgot about that.

We started talking about economics and I remember thinking "Ohmigod, Duke Broomis is gonna think I'm an idiot" when we start getting into specifics. Then we both kinda looked at each other and said, "Bah, we got people who can handle the details."

--- Eric Stehle / Ivan Drake

This was an awesome event. The roleplay was great and the atmosphere was wonderful. A big thanks to everyone NPC and PC alike who created such a great environment!

I am so bummed about losing Koshi, but all of the roleplay that ensued after his death was awesome. So many people loved him, it was great to hear so much about him from so many characters.

I love the Log of Truth. This type of roleplay makes me love playing a noble again. This is just the type of camaraderie that the baronies need.

Amaranthus joining our tourney team in Koshi's honor and Kerrigwen stepping in as well. What a way to honor a friend.

All things Ash Forest! Those on the court and just friends of, you guys rock.

A huge dark figure moving toward me in the dark saying "I miss you when I'm not in these lands" I wasn't sure who it was and was getting ready to pop a slay. Seeing Air Raksa was awesome, Daralassia has a soft spot for that orc.

Sir Harrison stepping in to take me to the ball. What more could a girl ask for, a true knight in shining armor.

All the roleplay with Squire Aven. Thanks Jess for all of the confidences. Poor kid, you were taking Rorii's teasing like champ!

Having Gilthalion show up at the ball was a huge surprise. Scott- what can I say, you are my hero! You were exhausted and still made an appearance, that totally made my event. Thanks!

There was so much about this event that was great. Thanks HQ Staff!

Ok, here's just a few favs from 48 hours of roleplay yumminess:

Sitting near Will when Koshi was posthumously knighted, so I could see his reaction. My condolences on your loss, dude.

So many Romani! Yay, familia! You were all wonderful- I want you around all the time. And I'm totally in for Team Romani in 2 years.

Getting to see Duke Frost roll up behind something in combat. I don't believe I almost felt sorry for an undead.

Everyone with pointed ears. How does Natalia get all the elves to like her? She just loves the way Qualin thinks. And nothing brings quite so much spice to Romance subplot as having MWEs around to embarass you. "So, Natalia, how is Baron Rorii in bed?" Thanks for using the indoor voice there, Kerrigwen.

Of course, the ball. Walking in on the arm of Baron Rock Star and being announced together, Rorii constantly referring to himself as my accessory, getting CONSTANT attention and compliments on how I look and all my sewing, and winning a really nice prize in the sewing contest (thanks to Rorii and Daralassia for making me enter). Everyone in the room added so much- dancing, performing, coming all dressed up- it was quite a show. And finally being good enough to be introduced to Daralassia's boyfriend, the Imladari prince.

And last but certainly not least, the "Post After-Ball Party." Rorii, Natalia, and a spirit-linked longsword in a 6 foot dome tent. Maybe I should have burned a couple healing spell tags in the morning!

There was tons more, but not to ramble. Thanks everyone.

Back