HQ 608 Tournament Favorites

My favs in no particular order whatsoever; no, none.

- The Thessi ambassador and his wife "she's growing on me, could we enslave her as a pet?" and RAST asking "If Biata eat chicken, is that cannibalism?" And the ambassador choking on his fudge after the Duke told him it was made by a Scavenger (evil grin)

- Semaji, my own personal stalker, looking like he wanted to jump my female fox everytime she turned around. Rast to Parduc "Admiral, he's FOLLOWING me again!"

- Winning cooking and sculpture and being tied for poetry; sweet prizes!

- The controversy of Veil's Journal...MWAHAHAHAHAHA!!

- The talent, dancing and singing of the tournament and ball; so much fun! My face and chest hurt from the laughing.

- Coming-in 3rd in the grand melee with my pastes of stickiness! Darn it that I didn't have a purify on me!

- After by the battle I'm crouching by an animal den under a tree, staring intentily into it, when Air Raksa walks by and says "Oh, is the fox making a dooki? Are you making a dooki?" AAARRRGGHH!

- Flint and Air Raksa both dancing passionately with inanimate objects at the ball; oh, and Air Raksa's top hat!

- Mike V's mage's guild master paying RAST to go away!

- Watching Air Raksa's snack get disarmed!

- Dark Elves with no pants on! (Poor you, you were awesome)

- Most insincere compliment, and almost seeing Darken get physically beaten by Glorianna.

- All NPCs; and their tournmament team.

- Mild rivalry with the Coyote Scavenger "Ugh, Coyotes!".

- RAST getting rejected by Kuwo when she asks if he'll go to the ball with her.... Awwwww.

- Winterthorn trying to figure-out how one of Amaranthus' claw feathers got in her bodice...

I had so much fun, even though my mask itched like a son-of-a-gun! It was nice to play a character that people don't hate...yet.

Lyndsay/Veil/RAST/Kalsi

"Semaji, my own personal stalker, looking like he wanted to jump my female fox everytime she turned around. Rast to Parduc "Admiral, he's FOLLOWING me again!""

Is Semaj going to have Parduc after me?

And really he wasn't stalking.

Semaj was protecting you.

Especially when you started to annoy the Thessi.

Yes I had plans to tag along with your character and try to get a friendship going.

It's lonely being the only fox scavenger in Ashbury.

This brings me to another favorite:

Baron Ivan playing matchmaker for Semaj by encouraging him to ask Rast to the Ducal Ball.

Best laid plans of foxes and men I guess.

JIM

Well, I got back to work monday and was bombarded with enormous amounts of work so i haven't been able to post anything.

anyway... I have never done a team tournament before, nor the ball, so I didn't know what to expect and had to wing alot of it. Thusly the Dockside Rats were formed... Saturday... right before colors... next time.. i'll plan ahead more.

All in all, it was fun. We went in expecting to lose, and didn't disapoint. we got to throw ourselves into competitions and see where we ranked.. and see all the things we need to work on if we want to be the best we can be. so it was a good learning experience.

The sun is my mortal enemy, and my face is peeling off... le sigh.

I think if the tournement and ball were seperated, and / or held at a cooler time of year, it would rock harder.

Anyway, my favs:

-- NPCS. seriously. you guys are amazing.

-- Tab. you are the Lamborghini of amazing. I want to drive you.

-- I did alot of guild duty this weekend. it was awesome.

-- The Ball, and the RP I had during it which I am not going to post here.

-- N00bing up the spellcaster's battle. wow.

-- Failing miserably at the trivia... wow X 2.

-- The entertainment part of the tournament.. Trellhiem's was really well thought out and funny. After I saw this, I knew we had no chance. Then the other dwarf team got up... omg.. if i wasn't so dehydrated i would have wanted to pee myself. Tab should have his own variety show. I was ready to happily lose this event. Then we got to do our song.. and we did not expect that kind of reaction. thanks guys.

If you want to know what it is supposed to sound like:

THE HAUNTING (SOMEWHERE IN TIME)

[youtube2]http://youtube.com/watch?v=CDNWu0CV9Ro[/youtube2]

The second song I did.. which we didn't have time to learn the guitar for:

A sailorman's hymn (audio only)

[youtube2]http://youtube.com/watch?v=UNfDbHImpyI[/youtube2]

- First and foremost, of course, FAMILY. Perhaps the best part of playing a Romani is that nowhere you go, there are always people willing to take you in just because you're distant family. Wynter, Natalia, Glori, Giorgi, you guys rocked.

- My girl, Sevaria. What a great event to reunite Irina with a long-lost best friend. And seeing her bond with people?! Nuts.

- Vex Squad! You guys are amazing. Big deadly teddybears. I love it.

- Air Raksa at the ball, whether with the top hat or with Parduc's (date?) mantle. Pure hilarity.

- Pretty much every character Hernando played, but especially the hobling with the outrageously huge eyebrows. "Wow, that guy sounds like a real *******! I wouldn't want to get anywhere near him!" etc.

- Getting Rock to demonstrate for us how "Snake-Head Man" is correctly pronounced.

- Top Ten Reasons Everyone Needs a Sun-Li Kai.

- Not exactly a favourite IG moment, but definitely OOG: Rock and his big jocky friends sitting at Irina's table while she's trying to do business, chatting very loudly about how they eat hearts and roast babies. Not exactly the best way to bring in customers!

- Seeing a few familiar faces and the warm welcomes that came with them -- Amaranthus, Kuwo, etc.

- Dancing at the ducal ball with Wynter on fiddle and Baron Rorii (I believe) on drum! I'm glad it was well-received; for playing such a boistrous character, I still get stage fright when surrounded by a group of people all sitting quietly and respectfully. ^.^;; Getting a little group of students on the dancefloor was also quite fun, nice job kids!

- Dockside Rats in general. What a rag-tag group of awesome. Especially the entertainment! Holy crap dude, incredible. Hearing an acoustic version of Kamelot made my weekend.

- Giving the Vex Squad dwarven spirits and watching the hilarity that ensued. I've never seen anyone dance more gracefully with a tankard of ale.
"Sun-Li Kai, you're still conscious!"
"Yes, but note that I haven't tried to stand up."

- Singing 'The Mariner's Revenge' with Sev and not realizing till the second verse or so just how dark it actually was...

- My vestacha. :)

Flyaway Bird said:
- Not exactly a favourite IG moment, but definitely OOG: Rock and his big jocky friends sitting at Irina's table while she's trying to do business, chatting very loudly about how they eat hearts and roast babies. Not exactly the best way to bring in customers!

I think that may have been about the same time that Rock told Telokh that Stone Elves taste like strawberries and don't scream at all when you eat them alive. I'm still wondering why Rock would know what strawberries taste like. LOL

Baron Ivan playing matchmaker for Semaj by encouraging him to ask Rast to the Ducal Ball.

AH HA! So THAT'S who parduc will have to yell at!

It's like RAST said, just because we both happen to be foxes doesn't mean we'll be the best of friends. Actually, she leans towards people who wear plaid...

Lyndsay

Telokh_Amdo said:
I'm still wondering why Rock would know what strawberries taste like. LOL

That was my first question the first time I heard that too. Apparently he has a well balanced diet of Hands and Fruit.

so, you're giving my fox fashion tips?

Careful, Semaj may show up wearing plad next time ;)

JIM

Telokh_Amdo said:
Flyaway Bird said:

I think that may have been about the same time that Rock told Telokh that Stone Elves taste like strawberries and don't scream at all when you eat them alive. I'm still wondering why Rock would know what strawberries taste like. LOL

If Rock ever does the menu for the ducal ball, im not attending...

or better yet glori will curse him to be a vegetarian! :lol:

I think the best thing about this event for me was that I got to celebrate my actual birthday on the day of the Ducal Ball. So, I decided to make it Leona's birthday as well. Some other favorites were:

• - Giving up on a suitable name and settling on "The Dockside Rats."

- The champion fight between Parduc and Riddick. Holy crap. Yeah.

- Talking with Drak at length in the tavern about all things Kergani related.

- Stonehammer entertainment. I laughed so hard I thought I might actually pee myself. Tab NPC's the best character's. So, many quotable lines.

- Dark Elves wearing no pants!

- Speaking of Dark elves; the Caster's battle was insane. That boy can move super fast. All I heard was "Spell Shield" and then instantaneously the Spell Shield incant following it. I felt bad for Robb, who just stood there as a meat shield for other casters.

- Watching Khowryn die... a lot. ;p

- Getting to win a competition with Robb. I always enjoying singing with Robb and I'm glad we got a chance to work it IG. I'm pretty sure that is the only competition that the Dockside Rats won, and we really didn't expect to win.

- My IG birthday gifts; Nausea arrows from Mattock. Vorpal coated arrows and a friendly gesture from Nathan Westwind.

- Getting my first magic item (Yay!), and getting it as a result of winning the consolation spot in the crafter's competition.

- Rock in Parduc's head-dress at the ball. Soooo funny. He just kept charging people and growling. I almost lost it.

- The whole Rock and Glorianna confrontation concerning the Fey. Holy crap. "Active Slay."

- All the NPC's and the players who decided to hop the fence. Without the NPC's, the game just wouldn't be... a game. Thanks so much guys!

I know that there are other moments, but I'm way too tired to think right now.

Thanks for a fantastic weekend everyone and for making my 25th birthday one that I actually want to talk about! Haha!

Back