Humans Melt faces

tieran said:
no... they are delicious!

-Justin

It depends on the race...... ;)

Playing a human can be fun especially if you make it something unique. IE: we're all human (most of the time) and yet...not one of us is alike and 50% of us if we went into public people may look at us strangely...so...this is your chance to be all you can't be right? Play a human that does something or wears something or talks or acts really DIFFERENT. In all honesty there's hardly any difference between the human i play at caldaria and me...and the only difference between me and the gypsy i play at deadlands is the gypsy curse....in all honesty i'm thinking my next PC is going to have to be NON human just so i can put my RPing skillllz to the test...not that i have any skillz. :eek:

I get to be human all the time
(mostly, anyway)
so it is fun to explore other options once in a while
:D

in NERO Colorado (Anilar w/ Jimmy Adams) the scariest call phrase in the entire game.. was Human dressed as I am.

we saw things like gaunt undead with skull face and floating ethereal crowns... jet black horse with flames dancing about its feet all sorts of great call phrases and the scariest was human as I am.

Jorundr said:
in NERO Colorado (Anilar w/ Jimmy Adams) the scariest call phrase in the entire game.. was Human dressed as I am.

we saw things like gaunt undead with skull face and floating ethereal crowns... jet black horse with flames dancing about its feet all sorts of great call phrases and the scariest was human as I am.

At HQ, we try to stay away from "call phrases" and are really trying to make a wysiwig game. Otherwise we're just little kids playing pretend in the backyard. I prefer to be a grownup playing pretend at the larp site.

"You see what you see" is my favorite "call phrase".

Scott

Duke Frost said:
Jorundr said:

At HQ, we try to stay away from "call phrases" and are really trying to make a wysiwig game. Otherwise we're just little kids playing pretend in the backyard. I prefer to be a grownup playing pretend at the larp site.

Scott

This might also be another basic attitude difference between us and NERO (please note that Colorado is not and has never been an Alliance game)

Duke Frost said:
Jorundr said:

Scott

I uauslly see a 20-30 something in a costume.... but then again I am not a roleplayer so I guess thats why.....hehehe any way, if its repped correctly, you never have to ask what do you see. Silglad (sp?) was a prime example.....
Some one: "what do I see"
Some one else (I can't remember, might of been Redcloud): "Looks like a mummy to me, mostlikely greater and/or cursed"

I dont mind call phrases as long as they dont stop or hinder game play. Call phrases should be used if the garb on the NPCs is bad or they didnt put on face paint.

3-4 NPCs with a green tabard could be 80% of the goblinoids but they could also be lizardmen and a slew of other things. So in those cases call phrases dont bother me.

an NPC with a skeletal face with black garb on could just be a skeleton or it could be "Gaunt undead with skull face" which traditionally has been a death knight.

to be totally honest I'd probably still pay different races than human even if they didn't have all the racial advantages and dis-advantages. Just because I really like makeup and costuming. =) To me thats always been one of the big points of lots of PC races... correct me if I'm wrong.

I dunno, I don't really have a problem with base skeleton having the same costuming (and call phrase) as a much larger skeletal thing... Realistically one dead pile of bones looks much the same as another :)

Though I agree with Scott in that people should avoid call phrases in general and just dress up the NPCs :)

Well and there is also something to be said for the fact that sometimes monsters do infact look similar... and you just have to take a few swings from them before you figure out whats coming at you. Protectives anyone? =P

Back