Humans Melt faces

Humans Melt

A) You play a human every day
B) No good racial plot
C) You play a human every day
D) Of they take your race they make you play a human
E) You play a human every Sunday
F) No cool racial roleplay

In all honesty, there is no good reason not to have human race plot. I dont see or hear about it in most alliance games, but there is no reason not to have some since many PCs are human.

A) You play a human every day
* I play a worker bee in the hive of the united states, a brotha's just trying to get some honey.

B) No good racial plot
*Use to be...Sessaur and such

C) You play a human every day
* A nameless automaton in the factory of our super power, see the above analogy

D) Of they take your race they make you play a human
* Humans are the win, no make up, no specialized RP.. take my race any day

E) You play a human every Sunday
* I do play a human every Sunday...it's the best race I've found!

F) No cool racial roleplay
* except that you can invent any cool racial role-play you want... why be limited to some pre-conformed to stereo type or box limiting my interaction ability?

Guys, this is the IN-GAME section.

If I can figure out how to move this to the OOG section, I'll do so but otherwise I might just delete it and hope you can start a new thread where it belongs.

Fearless Leader said:
Guys, this is the IN-GAME section.

If I can figure out how to move this to the OOG section, I'll do so but otherwise I might just delete it and hope you can start a new thread where it belongs.

If this is the same version that I'm used to...

There should be a drop down menu at nearly the bottom line of the page that says "Quick-Mod Tools" next to it. Should be able to select Move Topic from there and be good to go.

It's always good to see non-human PCs because they went that extra step and decided to not be the fantasy analog of their current race and adapt a sometimes entirely new mental mindset. It's easy to role-play a Human in Alliance because we're very used to acting human. An extremely small amount of people are used to acting like animals on a regular basis, so playing a Scavenger is an exercise for the brain and will maybe give you a more nature-oriented view in real life. Or just how to find the really good trash in the barrel.
Call me a Lorwyn-ist, but humans can get boring fast. Voodoo practicing goblins and sadistic fey that suck the dreams out of sleeping creatures? Sign me up. :geek:

P.S. Shadow priests melt faces, which are not necessarily human.

#1 reason......extra build.........I know you are saying no, you don't get extra build.....but you do. You don't have to spend build on racials, leaving you more to spend.

LoL,
-David-

Shhhhhh....don't let everyone know Humans get eaxtra build!!!

Gilwing said:
#1 reason......extra build.........I know you are saying no, you don't get extra build.....but you do. You don't have to spend build on racials, leaving you more to spend.

LoL,
-David-
Or rather you don't have the opportunity to do things that would normally require reliance on magical items or putting more build into. You can't DFM a racial trait as hard as you try. Plus most rogue-types will want a dodge. Most fighter-types will want a slay or prof. Most squishy-types will want a resist.

I would have to agree, humans dont get racial abilities which is more often than not, a minus, not a plus. The lack of racial disadvantages is a plus though.

meh... most times if people are concerned about a particular disadvantage the character will be tailored to avoid/minimize it... at least initially

-Justin

consider the source...

But seriously, resists do trump cloaks... but at the cost of build...

-Justin

I think the best point addressed is that many people playing non-humans tend to fit in the very narrow Tolkien-style parameters that filtered down to us all through D&D. I think this in part because it's easier to fit inside a well-defined type than one created whole cloth.

I'd personally be very interested to see a move away from this; one of the things I really like about Caldaria is the introduction of the Twilight Elves. I think they're a very interesting reinterpretation of elves as a society while staying largely true to the generally outlined concepts of elves as a race. I think we could use more of that, and I applaud whomever came up with them.

[PLUG] We've got a little bit of this at the new NH chapter, Deadlands, as well. I'm excited.

-Dan "It Takes Two to Tolkien" Beshers

source considered

the twillight elves seem neat, havent really had a chance to see what they are all about
yet

I think a bunch of chapters have or had neat twists on the different races...

I know that Ohio has a bunch of interesting race packets... <plug>

-Justin

Back