IG: A voice echoes across the mists

I would prefer to reach a peaceable solution without violence; as a diplomat by trade I know that parlay can resolve conflicts. Yet, I am not naïve enough to think that this tactic has not been tried and failed before with either party. But, to assume is unwise. May I have confirmation that all negotiations have been fruitless?

I have deep concerns that my home and all of Fortannis could be threatened. Any information would be appreciated. Please let me know how I can help.

Lady FallingStar

Last edited:
Baroness Ezri,
It appears you have a story to tell me.

Alto,
Before you engage further in such things as this conversation I recommend we have a conversation about scale.

To the rest:
I do not know that I am familiar with what is amiss here, but something to consider...always respect your foe. If you must come to blows, do so with that thought in your mind and you will grant yourself an even bearing, so that you may bring all your strength to whatever challenge you face. Thoughts echo into actions in ways that carry beyond the deeds themselves. Failing to understand something foreign is not simply a failing....it is a choice.

Simon Neville

Gosh. Sorry. I guess I mis-spoke earlier. Hey Creepy Dead Lady Who Wants Nothing More Than To Bring Silence To Everything That Has Ever Existed, would you like to sit down for tea and maybe some cookies and talk about what's REALLY troubling you? Let's see if we can get in touch with your deeper feelings. Tell me about your childhood. Do you just need a hug?

((Mimicking Ailin Mor's voice)) Why no Little Elf. I want to snuff out another Wayfarer beacon like it's not even a thing. I'll take a hug though. It makes it so much easier to pull the life force out of your husk of a body.

Oh gee Creepy Dead Lady, that doesn't sound like any fun for the rest of us. Guess we'll have to stop you the old fashioned way. I know a great recipe for glazed shortbread too. Really seems like a waste.

*the sound of a scolding, clicking tongue can be heard for a moment.*

Apparently, Brother, there is a competition amongsssst the rabble on who should be consumed firssssssst......

Lucky that we have sooooo many across Fortannis who serve usssssss......in shadows..and in daylight....

Your invitation issss accepted, those who are Imladari..but not Imladari........tell usssssss....do you still ring the bell of Fortannis' destruction?

Because your people believe you do......

-Aelin Mor

We'd love to ring your bell. We'd even take turns...except...you know...that whole silence thing...no ring-a-ding. I mean, you aren't the first apocalypse we've met. And we seemed to have a friendly enough understanding with the last one, so...

Aelin Mor -

You speak to all our minds using words and titles that not all of us understand or grasp, likely due to our lack of age or experience.

It doesn't seem polite to talk about ending us without at least making something clear. For starters, what's this "Imladari" you speak of? Is this an old word that some of us might know by another name?

If you intend for us to be prey, at least be sporting about it.

-Dominus Zeth

Simon,

I will speak with you regarding this matter at the upcoming gather.

Dominus Zeth,

Imladar is a nation of Elves that live within Tar’Navaria, along the border of the Duchy of Ashbury. Ergo, "Imladari" refers to a citizen of my country.

I will say no more publicly on this matter. I am currently researching deeper into this matter.

Send me a missive or private dream if you wish to discuss this further.

Honorably,
Squire Altohtaro Armand
Special Forces Division, Ohtar
Imladar Northern Regional Command
Imladari Ambassador Pro Tempore to the Duchy of Ashbury

I have heard of this Lich while I travelled to Enerret. They say it extinguished their beacon, which was a dire price to have paid. There, they also had creatures of shadow and darkness that were held at bay by this beacon. The lich is not one to trifle with. But she is also not one we should waver in strength to or cower in fear from. We should not be fighting eachother! A single tree does not stand against a storm but a forest grown thick will stand up to the strongest hurricane.

Aelin Mor, you threaten my family, my friends and our lands. We shall persevere as us adventurers always do. Your warning is received. We will be here when you arrive.

-Equitem Aether of House Whispers and Thunder, Karzel

What's wrong with a little silence? I would, myself, love to be able to sleep with a bit of silence. Without all of the creepy voices in my head. I get enough of that when I'm awake and don't wear my gloves.
-Dorgun

Well seems like something of great power to draw me from my Mountain fortress, I have not sensed such a sinister adversary or challenge, since my dance with Death itself at its gates.

Squire Alto
Mistress Keely
Lady Phedre
Baroness Ezri

Let me know what I can do to help, call and I will answer.

Squire Shin, I do not believe we have ever had the pleasure, but I can tell by your words I would like you very much, I would be honored to answer your call as well If I am capable.

- Ithica
General, Immortals.

Baroness Ezri,
My service to your daughter requires I likewise offer it to you. If you would find the time, I would sincerely appreciate a history lesson that I may be better apprised of this situation. As the mists have only so recently opened to the citizens of Barran, I seem woefully lacking in understanding of the situation.

Aelin... Mor, was it?
Do keep talking. It is so very, very difficult for the brain to focus on one thing whilst it does the other.

Vaer'lux of Lordaq
Matriarch of Clan Vidua, Red Back Spider Tribe
Acting Head of the Order of the Earth

*the voice hisses* Legionaire....Immortalsssss...

The laaaast time we saw you was in Ashbury....tournament.....stories of our old body........

Perhaps a hint is sporting.

Síno Aelin Mor linwe.
Síno cala mí varne halda.

Here the Lake of Darkness lies.
Here the Light in Shadow sleeps.
Here beneath the blackened skies,
her secrets we do keep.

A sharper blade not one could find.
Her chivalry ne'er marred
The Voice of our people, our Protector…
And we her faithful guard.

What struck when Night of Terror rose?
A foul and putrid shame.
A plague upon our earth was called,
And pure evil was its name.

The Veil tore open upon the world,
And horrors from within
came pouring forth in decaying flood
To corrupt the land for him.

An alliance answered of elf and dwarf,
Our cousins too did call,
But without the answer to breach the hole
Fortannis was sure to fall.

The line held hard for days on end,
To a bloodied and tired crawl,
Till within the Tome of Tales did lie
An answer for us all.

Two scrolls deep within our cousin’s home
Became the solution to the breach
But a catch was contained within the scrolls
A lesson perhaps to teach.

The great magics of old could close the Veil
And make safe the world from death.
But on both sides must the ritual be cast.
To undo Chaos’ vile breath.

The Brennil herself would complete the task,
Asking for volunteers only to go
And we, her loyal guard did stand,
Our lives committed so.

So through the Veil and darkness we plunged
To rid evil from our home,
To never again stand upon pure land,
To remain always here, alone.

The battle surged around circle formed,
And inside Valnora cast the spell,
Til components and scroll disappeared
Closing the Veil as well.

“Let our last stand be true. It is with great pride I stand here with you.”

The Brennil then drew both sword and shield,
Her words formed well upon our ears.
She gave her best to all of us,
And dropped the circle, without fear.

The claws of the dead would tear and rip,
The teeth would bite and gnash
Til Valnora struck with mighty blade,
Returning all to ash.

The Black Lake did come and encircle her,
And she fought hard and well.
Til head severed from creature became the task,
Though true victory, one will never tell.

Darkness came, and evil fell,
Upon the Brennil’s pure form
Til bone and skull pervaded spirit,
And shadow from light was born.

We all fell that day, though rose again
Cursed in sadness and in death,
But here we keep the Brennil’s deeds,
And wait on baited breath.

Here the lake of darkness lies.
Here the Light in shadow sleeps.
Here beneath the blackened skies,
her secrets we do keep.

Catchy, needs lute and drums.

-Dorgun

I have been told you were made aware of my location Sightless, but that doesn't mean I will be as easily controlled this time around. I respect your power, but that doesn't lessen the hatred I hold in my heart for the dead you have tarnished.

-Teth

Hello to all that are hearing my voice, my apologies for the interruption, but the obvious anger in this dreaming has drawn me here.

Perhaps I am interpreting wrong, but it seems that the one called Aelin Mor is asking for understanding amid the threats. I do not seem to be the only one thinking this, but perhaps there is more here than what has been presented previously or is on the surface? As said by friend Simon Nevell, It is wise to respect and understand ones enemies, and perhaps through understanding we can offer help where there was only hostility before. Though I do understand the anger that can be felt towards one who has harmed those you care for... I only plea towards thought and reason.

On a possibly unrelated track, for those familiar with the goings on of Sedovia, are you reminded of the Cult of the Void that has been active there? Or am I making more of a connection than there is?

Yours in friendship,

Amory Thistleburr

Amory,

There is some more information in regards to Aelin Mor. I was incorrect in the information that was given to me previously about her. Shin has cleared it up by giving me the correct information. According to this information, she is a being of Necromancy, an embodiment if you will. She seeks only to silence Fortannis. There is no negotiation.

-Karzel, Equitem Aether of House Whispers and Thunder

Friend Karzel,

I thank you for sharing the additional information. I will bear it in mind going forward.

-Amory

Back