In the ArchMage's Chambers

Status
Not open for further replies.
A messenger arrives at the doors to the Arcane Sanctum. Enters and places a message on the main desk.
"Please see that the Arch Mage gets this as soon as possible please"
With that he turns and leaves and quickly as he arrives off to deliver his other messages.

Approaching the arcane sanctum, Ithawda slows her pace, becomes hestitant. The one thing she is uncertain about. Celestial powers. It feels so irratating, teeth on edge, painful. She raises her closed hand to the door, hovering above the surface, she steels herself & pounds upon the wood, not wanting to waste her effort if it incurred pain.
When she's feels nothing but the door beneath her knuckles, she breaths a sigh of relief.
When the door is opened, she requests an audience with Az'Caine. "Preferably in a non-celestial tainted room."

The Aspirant looks a bit confused at first, then realizes it's a biata speaking and just not some brash person with no regards to using such a phrase such as "celestial tainted" would have to one in the Conclave Penta.

"I'm sorry, but the ArchMage is a busy man. What is this 'important' information that he should drop everything he is doing and rush down to meet you?" The Aspirant looks none to pleased with the tone of this 'visitor'.

With an rush of air, fur and robe fly past Ithawda, Mobeus looks with a minor (albeit healthy) ammount of fear in his eyes. Upon inspection behind him, clearly he must be running FROM something... he comments in passing.. "I am... Required... Nice to... see.. you.. Ithawda..." never missing a beat in his step. He rushes through the halls making his way to the very last leg of his journey he stops all at once. Brushing off his cloak, straightening his stance and gathering his breath, Mobeus very cautiously but with due haste, approaches the chambers of the ArchMage.

Respectfully knocking to affirm his presence, "Archmage, Mobeus as dictated by your direction." His posture firm and his eyes gazing forward at the very warded door, his sniffs the air for the moment commenting softly to himself, "I smell burnt elf... or is it obliterated elf... probably a fat one too... poor bastard..." Before turning his full attention back to the door in question.

The ArchMage looks up from his studies. "Ah, yes, Mobeus. You may enter my Ward." After Mobeus enters the room the ArchMage continues. "Well, all that studying of the maps seems to have paid off according to a small Goblin Loremaster" he grins and continues his expression turning dour. "I do not know how much of the weekend's events you are aware of so let me tell you some tales from the Ogre's Head Tavern. Please have a seat." the ArchMage says while motioning to the seat directly across from his desk. "We had one of your adventurers, Tal I believe the other terse Biata called him, killed just outside the tavern early in the evening. Such a senseless crime. Apparently over a slight to an Earth Caster at some event nearly a year ago." Az'Caine shakes his head in disbelief of the absurdity of the statement.

He continues. "The Biata mate of, Isawda I believe, read into the man's mind and found the memory of his crime. Quite a hand skill, but far from proof in my opinion, but the man, Alexander was his name, confessed to the crime. As such he was senteced to a Death and it was carried out by the Lady Fatespinner. Now here is the part of the night that I still try to wrap my mind around. During the interrogation of this Alexander fellow, some fool Tari-Nor decided to try to put a baked good into my spell pouch. I have no reason why, but after several polite attempts to have him leave me alone to my task at hand he had the audacity to physically touch me. As you well know, Assault upon a Noble is a crime and someone even daring to do so to me is unheard of. So he was dealt a blow from my staff that laid him low. I ordered Fredrick not to interfere with his punishment. But, Fredrick being the kind soul he is apparently took pity on the man and against my explicit orders revived him." The ArchMage once again shakes his head in disbelief. "I cannot allow people to just willfully defy a lawful order of the courts. So both Fredrick and this Tari-Nor were sentenced, the Tari-Nor had to complete his sentence that was interupted by Fredrick and then Fredrick for near Treason. It seems that some people just cannot heed the words of the courts and choose to stay ignorant of the laws they continue to skirt or even openly defy."

"The point being that I need you to work harder with these new hereos of this land and ensure they understand the laws and their punishments. Your tenure as Magistrate will be frought with hardship in the coming times and you need to trust in yourself and your duty. Leniency can be a sign of weakness and being too strict, well, you may end up with a reputation deserving of myself." he says with a grin and another shake of his head.

"As for the coming task, you need to lead a group into the Tower of Alzoon near the border of the Edgeland desert and the Western mountains of Caladna. I believe Fredrick has gathered a group of heroes at the tavern, so you may need to converse with him of what is required or what the plans are. Be aware that this tower will test you. Alzoon was a formidible destructive force during the Great War. What was left behind in the tower is anyone's guess, but it took most of the Magi of the entire Arcane Sanctum to Ward and encircle the outer area of this tower. When you are ready to leave I will give you a key to pass through the Ward. Be aware, this key is not to be lost and you will have the words of power at your disposal to destroy it should the situation call for it. At worst I can recall it to my Circle through a Ritual. Be prepared. Construct as many scrolls as you can and ensure your team is as prepared as you can be for the journey."

After pausing for a long while to ensure Mobeus has absorbed the plethora of information thrown at him Az'Caine asks. "Have you any questions for me? Or anything you need to tell me about your travels and studies?"

Mobeus listens with great interest to the entirety of Az'Caines tales, he nods his head. Mobeus notes to write down about the preparations, "I will be prepare for this task Archmage." looking at his quill for a moment his memory is spurred by a wayward traveller outside and he speaks up softly "The mate of Isawda is downstairs, her name is Ithawda, she appeared to have some great need to see you but I knew it pressing that I come at once prior to her concerns." He continues to press on writing in script some of the possibly required scrolls for such a task.

"Ixit also expresses some discoveries could be in the key being more then one, and some parts even broken.. mentioning that the magnet the Earth Weavers are looking for may be the same shape as a key, if they had a picture, they could much more easily put it together.. I am sure his report will bear much fruit despite my original misgivings of his parentage... I find his mind above what I expect of many..." Mobeus lets out as great a praise for Ixit as he has yet spoken. "More must be done but there appears to be great hope for discovery with proper effort... Ill assure the right effort is applying at each level.."

"Seems that everyone has important business with me." Looking around the room Az'Caine has a thought. "Perhaps it's best if I meet with her in a separate chamber that is not Warded. Have her meet me in my council chambers in 15 minutes." With that the ArchMage sends Mobeys on his way, through his Ward and out into the Spire proper. "Now what could be so important that a Biata would willingly walk into the enclave?"

The ArchMage stands, straightens his robes then heads down to the Coucil chambers and waits for Ithawda to arrive and state her business.

Again with due haste, Mobeus expressed to Ithawda, "Well excellent, you are still here... The Archmage will speak to you in an unwarded area... The Council Chambers." he catches his breath, "I hope that is helpful to you.. if you require me further just say so.. otherwise feel free to go, the Archmage's will is known by those on the way so they will not tarry you.."

"Thank you Möbius. You are as always a kind man. It's just too bad your a celestial. We could be better friends.", as she smiles sweetly at him & her eyes speak it too.
Turning to the enclave entrance, she squares her shoulders & proceeds into the sanctum, thinking she could never have fathomed the reasons for coming here. Asking directions to Az'Caine's council chamber from any passer-by, inwardly expecting to walk into a walk of celestial fire ants at any moment, to outside observers Ithawda proceeds defiantly forward, as if she belonged here. Approaching his chamber doors, she raps sharply upon the door, & awaits a reply from within. (Wouldn't want to be thought of as rude.), she thinks to herself. (Must be invited in. Would hate to step on some else's toes. )

"Enter" comes a voice from behind the door. As Ithawda opens the door she is surprised at the sparseness of the room. In the Council Chamber is a large round table and 7 seats. The room has simple furnishings such as desks and tapestries, but not much more. She sees Az'Caine, seated at the table directly across from the door.

"Come in Mistress Biata. Please have a seat anywhere" as he motions to the seats around the table. Once Ithawda picks her seat the ArchMage continues. "So what is so pressing that one of your kind would venture into the heart of Celestial magics? Please feel free to state what you need. No one will interrupt us or eaves drop."

With a wave of his hand the large oak door slams shut with a thud, the doors lock and the room secures itself.

moved to PM

Colin finds himself once again inside the Arcane Sanctum. Approaching the first Aspirant he sees, he holds out the note saying "A message for the ArchMage from Her Grace, the Grand Duchess.". Once the Aspirant had taken the note, Colin turns and leaves, not wanting to spend any more time there than necessary as the ArchMage terrifies him. His mother once told him that the ArchMage is cranky because he is old, just like Colin's Grandfather was cranky...but Colin doesn't remember his cranky Grandfather ever being as scary as the ArchMage is. "Better to stay out of his way" Colin says to himself as he hurries out of the building back into the bright sunlight.

The door to the Council Chambers unlocks and opens fully. Standing before Ithawda as she leaves are two Aspirants, each holding a letter. They wait for the biata to leave then enter the chamber. "Messages from the Duchess and Lore Master Laurent." the one states.

"Fine, bring me the Duchess' letter first." Opening it and reading over it carefully he raises one eyebrow in a show of surprise. "hmm. Very intriguing." He looks up to the other Aspirant. "tell Laurent, if he is still waiting, that business has taken me away from Council chambers for the rest of the day. If I require him, I will send for him."

"Right away ArchMagi" the Aspirant states and then leaves the room not looking back.

With a wave of his hand, the doors to the Council Chambers slam shut and lock once again....

As Ithawda leaves the front gate of the Arcane Sanctum, she finds herself on a busy street. An average human approaches her and smiles, "Ithawda is it?" not waiting for an answer. "Excellent, a message for you from a friend." as he hands over a sealed letter. Tipping his hat towards you, "Have a pleasent day ma'am," as he walks off whistling a jaunty little tune.

Mobeus finally arrives forthwith at the Chamber of the Archmage, and in his usual way steadies himself up, catches his breath, and knocks on the door three times, stating who he is and that he arrives as per direction. Mobeus steps back from the door, awaiting whatever may come from inside, he is eager and nervous to find out what may be required by the Archmage.

Mobeus is nearly bowled over as Magi Farr'Shen leaves the ArchMage's chamber. His demeanour leaves no mistaking that the Lion Saar is none to please with something. Storming out of the room he heads towards the stairs and quickly out of sight.

"Ah Mobeus. Please enter the Ward." says Az'Caine. Not waiting for more than a moment the ArchMage continues. "Soon you and a team will be leaving to the Tower of Alzoon. This tower remains Warded and protected from anyone entering and more importantly, leaving. Beware that your team does not venture too far into the tower. find what you need and then leave as quickly as you can. Ixit has found references to this Magnet needed to rid the city of that witch and please make every effort to find it. Apparently it was disassembled many decades ago and one of it's pieces is in the tower. I have been conferring with an Order Elemental about the process. It is not as simple as putting it back together, but we will worry about that when the time comes."

Reaching into his stack of papers, Az'Caine produces a rolled parchment and hands it to Mobeus. "Take this. It has an enchantment on it that will briefly allow you and your party to enter the Wards and Circle of Protection surrounding the tower. Before you leave, make sure to read the second inscription to re-seal all the Wards and the Circle properly. We do not want what is trapped in there roaming the countryside."

"do you have any questions for me before you embark on your quest?"

Mobeus shakes his head, holding on to the information bestowed upon him, he waits for permission to leave the Circle, as per the Archmage's need. He then proceeds to the portal to the Tower, with the rest of his group and is gone.

Az'Caine sits at his desk. So much to ponder and so little time for such nonsense. He looks down at the Portal peices. Where did they come from? Where will they lead? Will the King be at the other end? If he is, what condition will he be in? The ArchMage's ritual sent the King and himself off to pocket dimensions where they would be safe, healed and cared for until unlocked. But someone... some THING had pulled the King from his safe haven. Apparently more Fey involvement. Damn Fey! Always sticking their faces in matters that do not concern them!

Relaxing a bit the ArchMage then looks to the report from Commander Dunbow. 4 more arrests on the grounds of Consiracy, Treason and a list of other petty crimes. Never would he have thought the Male Biata, Isadwa was it? would be charged with such crimes. He was a virtual beacon of justice, something the ArchMage did admire. Of all of them that was the most shocking. Then there was Tess, she seemed so eager to fit into her new surroundings, so eager to put her talents to work for the Sanctum, even taking on a new Templar stone elf to help him learn the skills of the Celestial school.

It is strange to think that the female Biata, Ithawda, was also taken into custody. Not overly shocking from the conversations that she had previously with the ArchMage, but her depth of involvement in this conspiracy will have to be ascertained. That will be up to the Commander to find. Az'Caine has the upmost confidence in the Commander's ability to lead the investigation and interrogation of the prisoners.

Az'Caine's thoughts move to the final conspirator, Laurent. His name has crossed this desk too many times, and not in a flattering way. His "fey" companion, the rat on his shoulder, to his wild stories of being from a land that no one can find on Fortanis. That time he said he was on a mission to root out evil in the Earth Weavers by having this Tal fellow scribe spells for him, only to find that Tal is the lead conspirator! No things do not add up with that one. Commander Dunbow will have a very intriguing time with that one, of that I am sure.

There must have been some compelling evidence gathered by Commander Dunbow to arrest this group and not some of their other companions. Interesting indeed...

With the thoughts mingling in his head he calls to a page. "Find me Magi Rhialto and Magi Corstar. We must prepare for a trial it seems." The page immediately begins her trek through the sanctum to summon the Magi.

Looking at the bustle of activity, Mobeus is not entirely sure what is going on by the Archmage's chambers. Making his presence known to some of the lower ranking Mages, he gathers that the Archmage had summoned others to do with trial. "Hmm my information may be prudent... I should present myself."

Mobeus swallows deeply for a moment, and knocks on the door, "Archmage, Mobeus, Adeptus Major, Magistrate of Parson's breach. I offer my aid with your trial, have found an artifact of some great Celestial mystery, and was witness to Third through the night of the Full Moon.. and hope to give you all I know if you wish it." He steadies himself. Acutely aware of presenting himself uninvited, he only hopes his information is worth enough to oversee him arriving without being summoned.

Az'Caine looks up at the sudden appearance of the Magistrate of the Breach. "Eh? Ah, Mobeus. The Ward recognizes you in. What can I do for you?" the ArchMage asks. He motions to a chair infront of his desk, ever piling with more letters and missives.

Mobeus enters the chambers, he comments softly, "I have a few things with which to tell you, and if you would grace me with some insight after I would appreciate it." Mobeus ensures that there is no one at the door and quietly tells the Archmage everything going on. (Taken to PM)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back