Introductions

Jesse Grabowski

Squire
Marshal
Greetings all!
I wanted to create this thread for all of us to begin introducing ourselves.

I am the owner/gm of Alliance Denver. Originally from NJ, I have settled here in the beautiful state of Colorado, and have brought my style of Larping with me. I have played for well over 20 years, was on the plot committee for the Ashbury chapter (HQ) for many moons, including through the creation of the Alliance, and served as head of plot there for 2 years.

By trade, I am a high school English teacher, track coach, and a former drama and technical director. In addition, my hobbies include leatherworking (check out fame and fortune artisans on facebook!), larping, writing, and gaming. I love the outdoors and love exploring new parks and places in CO.

I hope to build and grow this game and share my love of it with all the gamers I can summon!

If you have any questions, please shoot me an email through our website- www.alliancedenver.com
Hope to see you soon!

Jesse

Jesse, thanks for starting up a new game in town - my friends and I are terribly excited about it! Alliance LARP has a great reputation, and I've wanted to try one of its games for years; I've just never been in the right part of the country at the right time before now.

Like Jesse, I started LARPing on the east coast -- IFGS in New England in 1991, then NERO in 1992 continuously through the present. I'm currently a member of NERO's National Plot Committee, and I fly back to play in my home chapter of NERO Atlanta a couple of times a year. I've played a number of NERO-offshoots and independent LARPs as well such as NERO's Wildlands campaign setting in Massachusetts, Georgia, and Kentucky, SOLAR's Clanthia and Everhate in Georgia, Accelerant's Madrigal in Massachusetts, and a handful of brief appearances trying out other games and systems along the way here and there. LARPing is a lifetime passion for me, the place where I met my husband, most of my friends, and through which I've had some of the best adventures of my life. This is my favorite medium through which to make new friends -- You know you have at least one thing in common with every person you meet on site, and nothing is as bonding as adventure shared! I can't wait for Alliance Denver to open its doors!

My husband, Ian and I moved to Colorado in 2010. He's also from Jersey (Bergen County, Jesse). We met in Georgia, and moved through Dallas and Austin before landing here. We're major geeks: table-top roleplaying games, video games, the USS Pioneer Star Trek fan club (http://usspioneer.org/joomla/), and we've recently expanded our geekish horizons to hanging with the finest bunch of Klingons this side of Qo'noS in House Vampyr (http://www.housevampyr.com/). We're big movie buffs, and love us some geeky TV as well (perhaps me more than Ian, but he's a good sport to indulge me in this). Ian's a digital artist with an interest in photography. I knit, make our own boffer weapons, and I get very excited about the slightest success in my amateur container gardening. We don't yet have any human children; our two cats, Holmes and Watson, are the true masters of our household in Westminster.

Very much looking forward to meeting all of you! Please feel free to connect with me on Facebook, or at trace.moriarty@gmail.com.

Trace Moriarty

Hi Trace!

Yay fellow easterners! LOL
I look forward to meeting you and discussing ideas for the chapter!

Jesse

Hello (and hi Trace :),

I'm Jim, old player from Michigan who started in national, went alliance, went back to national...blah blah blah. My home chapter was the Alliance chapter in Kalamazoo, while it lasted. Played that region starting in '99, moved out here to Colorado in '05, played 4-5 more years, and now am looking for something else to play. My wife may also come out to check it out, but haven't consulted her yet so I don't want to speak for her.

I'm a tabletopper, larper, video gamer, author, leatherworker, boffermaker, and computer techie who clearly has too many hobbies and will never get to find time to sleep again.

Enough about me...when/where's the game? ;-)

Jim

Hi Jim! and Welcome!

When and where is still in the works! I am narrowing down campgrounds, taking care of legal matters and fleshing out the game world to the fullest before diving in.

More details posted in the NEWS OOG post. More will follow and I will try to give weekly updates to our progress.

I look forward to meeting you,

Jesse
Alliance Denver

How goes it all,

My name is Jules. Lived here on CO for most of my life, Been larping off and on for years. Started in local 7th seas larp run by friends that ran for 8 years, tried the Camarilla for a while and helped run a Vampire the masqurade home brew larp for a couple years. Decided to take a break from the larp scene for a few years and now my local tabletop group are looking to jumping back in with Alliance for park games, tavern nights and the occasional weekend evet. Looking forward to seeing the game take off!

Hey All,
I'm David (friend of Jim). The LARP bug recently bit me again and my friend Kryssi told me about this wonderful opportunity coming in the Fall. I'm a technical theatre student looking to graduate CSU in the Fall. Unfortunately I will be gone all of this summer (when it sounds like you are getting some preliminary stuff done) but I really hope to find time for it in the Fall. My first LARP was NERO Empire, but I only went to a few events and have been missing LARPing ever since. Looking forward to getting back into it when I return to CO!
David

Hi everybody!

My name is Mac McCammon. Now, I may not have these big 20+ years of LARPing experience, but I've got 12, and I think that's pretty swell. I began playing NERO Colorado, then played in NERO Empire and eventually ran Logistics up until I stopped playing. I have traveled out to a variety of midwest and east-coast NERO chapters as well, along with my fiancé, John, who started LARPing about 3 years ago.

When not dressing up like an elf and smacking my friends with plumbing supplies (or, let's be honest, staying waaaaaay back and throwing birdseed at them), I am an in-home speech therapist working in Jefferson county for a variety of children, age 2-21. I enjoy reading (and adding new books to my library), video games, origami, and spending time with friends, whether that be through table-top gaming, board games, dinner outings, movies, or even just hanging out at home. John is a tax preparer for truckers (kinda odd, kinda awesome, right?) who loves any excuse to listen to trance music; although he is newer to the gaming scene, he is an avid fan and enjoys learning a variety of games and systems.

I am so excited about playing in Alliance; Colorado needs a good LARP in it, and I have only heard stellar reviews of Alliance thus far. It will be fantastic to be able to LARP without driving or flying hundreds of miles!

So get that site clinched and those dates finalized, Jesse! I needs me some 10 elemental lightning!....or something like that.

-Mac McCammon

Heya Jesse,

I used to play Alliance for a very long time in Seattle, Wa and Portland, Or. Cymryc just pinged me a bit ago and told me you're starting up a chapter here, so I'll definitely be coming down to see you all and have some fun :)

~Mark Walker

Hi, I'm Dani. I'm really rather excited about this LARP; I haven't played in a year or two and I miss it.

I've been roleplaying in one fashion or another since I was 13... Though I've only been doing LARP since oh, 2006 maybe. NERO OGRE in Ohio for a couple years as well as some Vampire/OWBN. Then more NERO here in Colorado from '08 to... 2012 maybe? And a few one shots from other systems as well here and there. I like character heavy roleplay and political stories especially.

I'm in graduate school in Boulder for psychology but I live in Denver. Might see about dragging one of my partners (David) out to play; he'll probably NPC because that's what he prefers, I'll probably NPC while in grad school because student budget, heh. Might also see about dragging some fellow students and local friends out too, if I can!

Other than LARP, I like writing and reading and hiking and strength training and psychology. Not much time for hobbies while in grad school but I can do a weekend here and there for stress relieving LARP. ;>

Nice to (meet) you all! I love hearing the personal stories, how we all got into larp or what our experiences have been! Keep em coming folks!

Jesse

Hi! I'm David.

I've been playing in Pen and Paper roleplaying games ever since the early 90s thanks to friends (I still play with a bunch of the same people I played with in college), SCA for about 6-7 years or so in college and for a few years after coming back to CO, and then I got into NERO (thanks to meirya) in 2009. In LARPs I mostly like to NPC and help out where I can behind the scenes.

Outside of roleplaying I am a server-side software engineer by trade and an active practitioner of the Korean martial art Hapkido. I also have more hobbies than I have time ^^;;

Hi All!

I'm Rubiee. :)
I've been roleplaying for 16+ years in some variety or another and larping off and on for some 12 years, from 7th Sea, to helping run a Vampire Game to finally NERO.... now I find myself here and I am so bloody stoked to get started!

I've officially lost everything else I was going to say here so I guess I'll leave it at that! lol.

EDIT: Oh! There's what I was going to say! (It's been a long week already.)
When not larping or gaming I can be found running Dryad Tea, or singing with Pandora Celtica (links below). When I'm not doing those things I'm often times sewing, or playing with my two "kids" a Godzilla-sized rat terrier and a hyper-active chihuahua.

~Rubiee

I'll keep this short because many of you met me at the meet and greet in washington park, but I'm Greg and I have ZERO years of LARP experience and 5 years of experience playing MtG, D&D 3.5 AND 4e, and Pathfinder.

I'm currently unemployed...

My hobbies outside of gaming are, in order from what I do most to least: Cooking, Debate, and Reading.

Hello fellow larpers!

I'm Juliet (or Jules) and I'm a life long LARPer. Like so many of the rest of you, most of my circle of friends comes from this wonderful hobby! I've been LARPing since around 2000 or so and prior to that I was a table top player and CCG/videogames/etc player. Gaming culture is sort of a thing for me....

LARPs I've played in or worked with -

NERO
Realms of Conflict
Dying Kingdom
Crusade of Legends
Houses of the Blooded
IFGS
Dystopia Rising
One World by Night (Vampire)
Mind's Eye Society/The Cam (Vampire, Changeling, Etc)
Various Home Brews/Troupe games

I'm a transplant from Las Vegas (and before that Jersey) and have loved living in Colorado since 2010! Locally I am heavily involved with the Mind's Eye Society locally and nationally and also occasionally play in Crusade of Legends. I tend to work with large teams of larpers, and Alliance will be no different. I'm a huge fan of team play, supporting the game at large, and working to ensure a fun immerse experience through good RP, fun costuming, and working with players on RP and politically oriented goals.

In real life I do marketing, web content management, and light front end development. My other hobbies include - cooking, photography, telling inappropriate stories in mixed company, coffee (yes it's a hobby), networking, and of course - larping!

I'll be there for the Tavern night (already pre-regged) and am looking forward to meeting all of you!

Kindly
- Juliet

"Telling inappropriate stories in mixed company" you say? Why, I think we just found another person to deal into future hands of Cards Against Humanity! :whaa:

Looking forward to meeting you at the tavern night, Jules!

Trace Moriarty

Traceroo said:
Why, I think we just found another person to deal into future hands of Cards Against Humanity!

I'll bring my set as well ;)

Stoked to meet you this weekend!
-Juliet

Afternoon everyone,

My name is Ray and I'm part of Juliet's (Miragel) team and I'll be joining the Alliance Denver game. I've been in Denver for close to five years now, having been transplanted through various company moves and haven't had an opportunity to really dig into a fantasy larp in quite some time. I've been a long time member of the Camarilla/MES having joined in 1996 and have extensive storytelling experience and background in the myriad of World of Darkness larps as well as a plethora of table top, board, card and MMO games.

During the day I live as Thoreau quipped a life of "quiet desperation" in an office setting an an Operations Manager, though I am also a co-owner of an FX shop that specializes in masks and props for haunted attractions. I love to build props and though I have no skill at sewing, enjoy putting together costumes and concepts. I worked the last two seasons at haunted attractions in the Denver area as an actor, but school and the shop have limited my time commitments this season.

I'm a team based story driven role player looking for in game intrigue, drama and theatrics. I love shared epic stories and player driven plot and have a great appreciation for costuming and pageantry that comes from larping. Really looking forward to seeing what Jesse has in store for us and getting to know all of you through this shared experience.

See you Saturday!

~Ray

Back