June favorites!

Michiko

Adept
Thank you so much NH for an awesome event! I had a blast NPCing! I am totally exhausted, but a few favs to get the ball rolling.

-Trying to recruit Aisling, philosophical discussions about the existence of magic and losing the argument in the end. Meghan you were awesome. I’m so glad we got to have this moment. :D

-Brian as like everything. I forgot how much fun it was NPCing with you. I particularly enjoyed our game of chess. “My goblin just killed your Lord Galloway!”

-Kainen being a royal pain in the tuckus and then breaking the news of Edric’s fate to Penelope at the end. I loved the way all the rp got turned totally on its head.

-Kelly as General Sonia!!!!! You were the most adorable vampire ever!

-Trying to defend Edric from Skylar. Lol

-The look on Sean’s face when Penelope came back into the tavern in gypsy clothes. Very subtle, which made it even better.

-All things Todd! So glad you could make it! Thank you for the SmartDogs!!

-What Drenten said. I wasn’t sure if I was going to be able to turn on the waterworks, but that was the perfect thing to send me over the edge. Thanks! :D

More later! Sleep now!

Ussually i wait a little bit to post favs. but im up and awake so why not.

- MODS... there were some really good mods this weekend. At least i went on a lot more than usual.. so I hope there were a lot more and i wasnt keeping other people from going. the

- Mourgrymn and the ELf children Mod was great. It had the most wonderful creepy we are all gonna die vibe, and when Mourgyrmn started ripping of parts of his flesh and growing the mini mourgrymns OOG i was like woah neet... but IG im like oh F***.... Being a front liner on that fight was epic for me and I felt pretty awesome.

- Seekers mod with Kalien and Ameranthus was also really amazing. I ended up using so much memory on saturday night because of that fight. Getting to the end of that mod after using almost all my binding, protectives and both my life spells, then having Ameranthus get stuck in a prison and Thrak paralyzed and just think.. okay it just got real. Just gave it everything and Azurieth, Koi and I pulled it together to get us all out alive. Great job team.

- Saving Gebus from gettign rifted out by Skylar. I did not expect to be able to get him out of there with an endow but it worked and i was glad. I still owed him for saving my life my first event as Avian. Just proof that endow is one of the best spells.. at least its one of my favorites.

- on that note.. being unconscious in a COP with Sashi and a bunch of other captured PC's, having gebus get brought over and Sashi go through all the healing arts list trying to figure out what was wrong with him not realizing he was possuming, and finally giving up. trying not to laugh there was really tough.

- battle with the the goblins.. or rather the waylay game. taking out 2 waves of goblins with just waylay, and throwing them in the woods. my official count was 13... nice.. Hey Bill you still owe me 2 silver.. :D j/k

- As always RP with other players. The quality of game every one brings is excellent.

- Shen the Twilight platypuskin. what a great character concept. I really hope karl brings him around again. He was really cool.

- Hookah... yay

Im sure there were others i am forgetting...

THANK YOU NPCs! This event was awesome, and I can't wait to see how it continues next month. Now that I'm conscious, I'll get started.

As always, RP with Sadeen Moor. Whether it's trying to understand where they're coming from, arguing with them or attempting to be civil, it's always engaging. Talking to Melleth was very interesting, as was peoples' reactions when Caillen told them about his friend from Sadeen Moor.

Fighting Legacy. Amazing battles against top-tier monsters and of course the Doom Brigade are a lot of fun and are of course full of treasure.

Arguing with Supertroll about our views on Legacy. It was really cool to hear the opinions of Legacy's citizenry as opposed to just that of their lords. Listening to what they thought of Void was fascinating.

Being forced to hide in the Tavern when I was the first person to come into game on Saturday. I walk into town and see three Undead milling about in the center of town. Noticing me, they say "Oh hey there. We control the town now." Realizing I had nothing but potions on my hand, I quietly walk into the tavern and bolt behind the bar. For the next thirty minutes or so the Undead come in and start playing chess and talking smack about nobility. They eventually walk out, and something moves into the tavern and sits down in a few minutes. I try to peek out and see what's there, and seeing a fleck of orange, I timidly call out "S... Sevaria?" I hear Ray respond, and I crawl out to see he had a fistful of aura and that he was about 20 seconds away from a pre-emptive Dragon's Breath to whatever might have been behind the counter.

Crazy elemental being that could rift to the sun and back. Reading him the paper and learning about how the icons work was great RP funtimes, as was watching his fascination with the world he'd found himself in.

Johnathan and his potty mouth. Gary, you're the best bad influence ever. ;)

Edric. It's scary and exciting to see Purelords awaken to how strong their abilities are.

Panicking when Skylar showed up enough to warrant an awaken being cast on me. Sticking around to see Skylar get forced to turn back into Lord Galloway made me smile. The heat lightning up in the sky added a bunch to the dramatic nature of this incident.

The orb coming back! It's amazing to see how much it's progressed just because we went and rescued its buddy. It can even cast healing now!

Final fight vs. Legacy, Skylar and the portal of doom. The thunderclap after the portal closed just made the scene. I think it's safe to say Gary can control the weather.

Finding out how close I was to being stun limb'd into submission, kidnapped and taken to Sadeen Moor by Melleth to prove I'd be safe if I went there with him. The irony of this was not lost on me.

Jevedor said:
- Saving Gebus from gettign rifted out by Skylar. I did not expect to be able to get him out of there with an endow but it worked and i was glad. I still owed him for saving my life my first event as Avian. Just proof that endow is one of the best spells.. at least its one of my favorites...

Just so there is no confussion, the endow worked because I was getting rattled up the backside and chose to use a phase. Using the phase broke the 3 count.

You did still save him, because if he didn't quickly get pulled out of there I could have just grabbed him again and ran, but I didn't want you to think that an endow would negate a plus 18 monster strength. That assumption would lead to OOG confusion, down the line.

But back to favorites...

1) The thunder clap. "Zenyu noooooo!(CRACKBOOM)"

2) As Mourgrymm, casual "I'm trying to be good" conversations with Sev, Tabin and Keely.

3) Brian's interpretations of the various roles I wrote for him. Great job.

4) Great battles all weekend.

Deadlands said:
Just so there is no confussion, the endow worked because I was getting rattled up the backside and chose to use a phase. Using the phase broke the 3 count.

You did still save him, because if he didn't quickly get pulled out of there I could have just grabbed him again and ran, but I didn't want you to think that an endow would negate a plus 18 monster strength. That assumption would lead to OOG confusion, down the line.

Really.. i thought my endows were just that powerful.. i guess im not special.. :lol:

but in serious i did know that the endow wouldnt break the monster strength. I did it on the off chance that you were not holding him down, cause i couldnt immediately tell. I can see how the story might confuse people though. thanks for putting that out there.

wowy319 said:
Being forced to hide in the Tavern when I was the first person to come into game on Saturday. I walk into town and see three Undead milling about in the center of town. Noticing me, they say "Oh hey there. We control the town now." Realizing I had nothing but potions on my hand, I quietly walk into the tavern and bolt behind the bar. For the next thirty minutes or so the Undead come in and start playing chess and talking smack about nobility.

That is AWESOME! I'm so glad we weren't just entertaining ourselves.

thank you staff and npc's for one of the few topest events i have been to this year

the whole weekend was just great, i had a blast.
lots o morgryum plot was awesome
i was getting ready for bed friday morning, when bill and nick happen to stop me as im going past the tavern asking if avalon was in her tent and i said yes.
and they wanted to get the amulet from me. so i went back and then decided that i wanted to go
and was so glad i did. it was great.

what was better was hearing the intense combat going on as soon as all the elves left on the mod and the continuing combat when we were going down the upper mod path. and everyone going "oh that sounds terrible."

being the front line between morgryum and the other elves was really fun allthough avalon had to really concentrate otherwise she would have run screaming back down the mod path. when he took a step forward she freaked a little and jumped back. all was going good untill chunks started to rip themselves off of morgryum. that was some kind of crazyness goin on. but also still trying to keep morgryum back.
and trying to get everyone back together to rift out again. the new dark elf was some where out in the darkness and morgryum was going after him and i wanted to help but sevaria and tabin were holding me by a circle rep i had wrapped around me. then avian took over for tabin and went to look for him. saying if anything should happen to me kainen would punch him in the face with his big metal fist.
goin back and the sky was giving way to early dawn.

the silas mod was freaky
it was weird seeing him change stuff just by willing it.
handing kainen the da 0 sword right after the hold when thrak nul was taken.
avalon stepping in front of kainen to protect him and refusing to move even though she knew what it could mean to stand in between silas and kainen. and silas even saying that if i didnt move avalon would end up merged with kainen. and right as he used his new powers, kainen tossed avalon to the side, which worked mostly because i wasent expecting him to do that. regardless of the monster strength, but it was to late. kainen and avalon switched races.
kainen started to feel ill from the blight and avalon put the anti morgyum amulet around his neck.

avalon's flip out when kainen was rifted
the bjorn fight was crazy,
brian you were awsome
seeing kainens dominated guy jump infront of the boulder was great.
but seeing tabin get shattered spirit wasent ><

being scared that skylar was going to kill her again. back packing kainen and learning quickly how to get good at that.

knowing drenten was right behind the vansir cabin but not acknowledging it to anyone, not even sevaria who was coming back from my tent. she asked where the cerebral devourer was. i said it had gone, but i turned around and it was right behind me. i wanted to scream but it was stuck but i did move aside. back on the field i went right to kainen and attached myself to his tunic and didnt let go until they left.

even the final battle was crazy. i thought for sure i was going to get pulled into the portal.

this event was so awesome, i cant wait for part 2 !!!!!!

Was an NPC, had a great time...

-Goblin tag! Woo! That was hilarious. "You tag them on the back of the neck, and they go to sleep!"

-Silas mod was freaky. OOG, I agreed with the players that I was out of my mind- they did a really good job trying to reason with us. It didn't work, though.

-The orb was cool.

-The crude old farmer in the tavern. Sack full 'o mice. Nuff said.

-Trying to trade a severed hand for Dalalder's sword.

-Wolf in the wave battle, just being annoyed at all the Legacy soldiers attacking him.

-Nova screaming across the battlefield and being wrestled back by her friends.

-The Zenew roleplay at the end.

In general, awesome event. Plot did a really good job.

Jevedor said:
- Shen the Twilight platypuskin. what a great character concept. I really hope karl brings him around again. He was really cool.

Have no fear, Jeremy. I had so much fun in the 12 hours I was in game, I can't even begin to describe. Archery scout is soooooo much better than I thought it was going to be, and I had high hopes...... That being said, a few favs:

- Finally getting to roll with Nemesis, and PCing with my lady twice in one season. Life is good.
- The universal reaction: "Are you a platypus kin? That's f***ing awesome!"
- "Anything could come out of her womb."
- Rogueing Albert like I've never rogued anything before. "He has the calling."
- Brian Bender. Need I say more?
- Unscaled mods.
- Rika hiding in the woods so well that we looked for two hours and couldn't find her.
- Amaranthus grabbing a death spell for me. Bill, my socks have been rocked.
- Having Gary come in to marshal the ritual, and Hoyce saying "Well, we don't have to worry about Mourgrym showing up."
- An extremely random Arcane Armor.

A couple of anti-favs:
- Apparently being on the other side of the universe from Becca, Kelly, Samara, and Todd. I didn't know it was possible to not see someone for 8 hours on that site....
- Waking up at 7AM on Sunday to take care of our obligations.... that was a tough drive home.

Thanks to Gary and Sean for helping us have a great day, and all the NPCs who came out in the heat.

k

Echoing Karl, I had an absolute blast. I came up prepared to hang around with Nemesis as a character I hadn't played in 2 years and that likely no one remembered anymore anyway and grill some dinner. Instead I had one of the best 12 hours of PCing I have ever had.

And now, for some favorites:
-A not nearly caffeinated car ride with Karl, Eric, and Adrienne. I don't think there was enough coffee in the world for the four of us to function properly
-Breaking in my new rocking bodice (by the same company that made Karl's hat for Shen)
-"Amaranthus, that you?"
"Yeah. I'm a Lord now actally."
"How in the hell did that happen?"
-Actually PCing *with* the Nemesis crew
-My jaw dropping as Tabin told me Mourgrymm was in town. Then my shock deepening that he was looking for me. Curiosity ensues.
-Everything about that initial encounter with Mourgrymm. The intensity was mind blowing. I had been concerned on the way to site, wondering about getting back into Rika's head and this encountered threw me into character in a way I hadn't been in years. Gary's RP fu is mighty.
-Trying to explain to each elf who tried to intervene that "I apologize in advance if I ignore everything you suggest and say, but don't take it too personally."
-All things Auhurak and Cassie
-Rika: "I need a drink
Osirus: "Oh that's easy. Arcane intoxicate." (touch casted)
Rika: "Um.... I don't accept"
Osirus: "But I have purifies" (insert Sean mildly sad face)
-Brian as spear weilding NPC of doom and minimal
-Karl having such an awesome time with Shen
-Talking with Amaranthus about my need to first aid him on the front lines and throw him at a healer- just like old times
-Holy elfy plot goodness badman
-Showing at NPC camp for a ritual martial and Gary's bemusement that we were going to do it now
-"Anything could come out of her womb."
-Burgers
-Kelly was the sexiest big bad I have ever seen. I want her hat.

Not fav:
-Having to leave because we had a long drive ahead of us
-working a full day on Sunday

I got home from work on Sunday, checked my email, and promptly slept for 12-13 hours. I really hope I can make more events, even as Super Saturdays since work owns my soul. Thank you to plot, staff, and all NPCs. Awesome weekend.

I NPCd so ...it will be from an odd point of view....

300 body swinging 8s with minimal damage from all weapon attacks.....yeah....I enjoyed that thoroughly

being a biata statue and listening to the gryffon start to go after rothsphere and thinking "OH WOW this is personal plot for ROTH!" I was so excited for my hubby.

hanging out with one of my best friends - Ben. How is it I live 5 houses away and I see you more at NPC camp some weeks????

Mike and Mark and Dan having September writing meetings.

Ummm without saying too much ... Drenten, Lord Samuel....ummm I think I have legitimate non-drug induced permagrin!

Seeing the human lady with purple swirly chain mail (sorry I don't know your name) being a wicked good alchemy scavenger!!! You rock.

Chaos tossing MWE...poor Nova...jeepers..she's all sorts of broken

Emily...who has quickly become one of my favorite people in the universe...

Seeing Brivar and Deb...Love you guys!

Goliath!!! I always enjoy seeing that pillar weapon go out over his shoulder into game!

General Sonia...jeepers she's scary

The in game conversation Friday night while waiting for our Lord and General to return and tell us if we're killing people or not....."High Orc mating call" HEHEHEHEH

See Parcival (sp?) who I don't remember an OOG name but it was just fun NPCing with you

The tavern mod on Saturday night...Emily on the way there "ummm just so you know I'll be playing a lady of the night" OH MAN!!!

Utities in a round about way talking of slavery stuff "I'm not saying it happens .....but it's true"

The Gatekeeper - just seeing Doug with a happy go lucky attitude makes me laugh

PLATYPUS!!!! 'nuff said...Karl you rock

Seeing like ummm half of Caldaria players there???? THANKS GUYS!!!

SO much stuff was just plain great this weekend...I thoroughly enjoyed NPCing with ya!! Can't wait until July

Jevedor said:
- on that note.. being unconscious in a COP with Sashi and a bunch of other captured PC's, having gebus get brought over and Sashi go through all the healing arts list trying to figure out what was wrong with him not realizing he was possuming, and finally giving up. trying not to laugh there was really tough.
Dude, I DID realise he was possuming, I just had no idea there was a way to check for sure! If I had known "Healing Arts, are you a big fat faker" was a valid-ish call it would have saved me SO much time and frustration. That guy possums like it's his job.

#1 favourite moment:

- Hookah. Bangin'.

- With a close runner-up being Kelly Stanley referring to me as "Mother Sashi" during the Saturday wave battle because I'd made a joke about Bjorn and Sashi making horrible mutated experimental children together (Silas, Sonia, the list goes on). That pretty much made my day.

Flyaway Bird said:
Jevedor wrote:- on that note.. being unconscious in a COP with Sashi and a bunch of other captured PC's, having gebus get brought over and Sashi go through all the healing arts list trying to figure out what was wrong with him not realizing he was possuming, and finally giving up. trying not to laugh there was really tough.

Dude, I DID realise he was possuming, I just had no idea there was a way to check for sure! If I had known "Healing Arts, are you a big fat faker" was a valid-ish call it would have saved me SO much time and frustration. That guy possums like it's his job.

actually im fairly certain there is no real healing arts call for "are you faking" you just sort of deduce it and if you think they are... then smack them and healing arts them again.. repeat process until "healing arts.. are you bleeding out" works...

keep in mind this may take a while if you swing two's and the person has a PA... :lol:

How could I have forgotten to include the Gatekeeper? Doug, you do an awesome job playing that guy. Seeing Thrak try to talk him into giving back his polearm was hilarious, as was this exchange:

Gatekeeper: Who goes there?
Utities: Me.
Gatekeeper: He already went through here!

The appropriate verbal to check for a possum is: "Killing blow 1, Killing blow 2, Killing blow thr-ahah! I KNEW IT!" It is understood that this is to be followed up with some sort of derisive pummeling. -Dan "Orcish Healing Arts Are the Best Healing Arts" Beshers

... if your really hard core you'll take the KB :lol:

Hey, if you can't fake a problem, make a problem. Also, I believe wholeheartedly that "healing arts: are you a big fat faker?" (in that exact wording) needs to be a valid call. Who can make this happen?

wowy319 said:
Hey, if you can't fake a problem, make a problem. Also, I believe wholeheartedly that "healing arts: are you a big fat faker?" (in that exact wording) needs to be a valid call. Who can make this happen?

Sorry, but I already told the owners that after this next symposium I'm proposing that we just accept that the rules will never be perfect and agree to keep them as is for the next decade. Then people might actually learn them and we can focus on writing and playing rather than debating.

I have a dream.

live the dream Gary... live the dream

Back