Low-Level Events?

aara

Scholar
I did a quick search and I got 68 pages of results not pertaining to this at all... so I'm going to ask, I apologize in advance if this has been asked already.

What happened to lowbie events? I don't see any up on the calendar - any chance these are coming back?

There were a couple of reasons we decided to not do a lowbie this year, not least of which was that low level events over the last few years have been very poorly attended. I don't know if we can add a lowbie this year, but if there is sufficient interest I'm not hostile to the idea, my personal view is that low level events are fairly stress free and a lot of fun to write. You want to write one for us Kelly (Or anyone else)? :thumbsup: If we get enough PCs I'm pretty sure I can bribe the owners to schedule it.

-toddo

Toddo said:
There were a couple of reasons we decided to not do a lowbie this year, not least of which was that low level events over the last few years have been very poorly attended. I don't know if we can add a lowbie this year, but if there is sufficient interest I'm not hostile to the idea, my personal view is that low level events are fairly stress free and a lot of fun to write. You want to write one for us Kelly (Or anyone else)? :thumbsup: If we get enough PCs I'm pretty sure I can bribe the owners to schedule it.

-toddo
Nah, you don't want me to write... I can't write a musical to save my life ;)

I understand though - I figured there would be more interest since a lot of chapters have level-caps, but I guess always playing in a low-level game makes you feel less inclined to attend a "low-level" event. I just was hoping for the low-level silliness and relaxation of rolling out a new character and making my friends play equally silly characters with me ;)...

Toddo said:

-toddo

I'll write it!

Seriously?

WHAT... That would be pretty awesome, I won't lie.
As a plot member, I volunteer to oversee the writing and running of this event!

Yeah I'd consider playing depending on the cap too. Especially with Maggie and Kris writing with Amelia overseeing/helping. That's a recipe for awesome.

Robb Graves said:
I'd consider playing it depending on when it is and what the cap is. I really enjoy low level events.

What's the usual cap for these events? I am totally clueless on that front.

Cozy said:
Robb Graves said:
I'd consider playing it depending on when it is and what the cap is. I really enjoy low level events.

What's the usual cap for these events? I am totally clueless on that front.

Used to be 84 build, back in the day IIRC... I think the last few had a "soft cap" taking out things like Craftsman to get under the mark, but don't quote me on how that all worked :)

If I can get off ill npc. Will help the girls write the event as well have a few ideas. Amelia knows and would be an awesome chance to learn.

Kyle

Aggravain said:
If I can get off ill npc. Will help the girls write the event as well have a few ideas. Amelia knows and would be an awesome chance to learn.

Kyle

We've actually already hit the ground running, so we're cool to write :D But we do want you to NPC!

If the cap for non-combat build (including "create potion" as a non-combat like Crossroads does) is 86 or more, AND I could get a ride/be in this state etc., then Alda could come! :D

Though actually I dunno about moneyyyy... is cost for a lowbie event the same as a normal HQ event?

Cost is the same normally, experience counts the same as a weekend.

Kyle

any news on a lowbie event?

It is in scheduling discussion, likely in the fall, as we don't want to rush it out the door.

Robb, is Amanda's character from Buyahut?

Back