Magic Inert Race

If they can only be race changed into it, you could add the caveat of "once changed into a Flubberdoop, your class is locked." Which would make people seriously consider doing it without access to a Spirit Forge.

phedre said:
Drastically changing a race is kind of a big thing... Introducing a new race in the next major rules revision and giving folks the chance to race change in the "magic hiccup" would probably be better PR.

I'd have been extraordinarily angry if my primary celestial ritualist was forcibly made this new race (when she was still human), it wouldn't make any sense with her character history or goals. Even if I hadn't already been seeking a race change, it would have almost required (based on history and goals) that she stop the other storylines she was involved in, or at least divert from them, and RC-quest.

Two ways of solving this off the top of my head:

1) National Event plot arc where Humans are cursed/changed/hosed into this "new" race.

2) Chapters run their own story arc for this happening, but it must culminate by a certain date.

In either case, if players want to race change into something else, they should be given the opportunity to do so without effective Treasure Policy.

As for race changing into the new race, whatever class you are when that happens is what would determine your Body and max armor, imo.

Back